• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Dark Knight Rises!!

I want to bone Hathaway. She's smoking hot!

As for Bale's voice for Batman. I always thought it was on "purpose" so the bad guys can't match his voice to Bruce's. You know, maybe some sort of Bat Voice masker.

One question I have, as this seems to be a very successful series, will Robin ever make an appearance?

Batman intentionally "masks" his voice to hide who he is...the bone of contention is how distracting it may or may not be when Bale does the voice and the editors of TDK didn't help his cause...maybe they'll clean that up in the next film.

Both Nolan and Bale have stated they have no interest in adding Robin to this series as long as they're involved. We may see him down the road but it'll be a LONG time. I have heard rumors stating if this is indeed Nolan's last turn with the Batman series, it may be a minimum of 5-6 years until the next one :handgestures-thumbdown: needless to say I'll be savoring every second of the production of this probable last installment of the Nolan directed flicks.

Yesfan70 said:
I want to bone Hathaway. She's smoking hot!
I had to google her as I'm not familiar with her.

uh, without the makeup, uh...

Anne-Hathaway-Dog-34048.jpg

Ok, the big questions Bats since you're the big fan here. Would adding Robin make or break the series? Do you like the caped crusader with or without his sidekick?

Botch,

You need help my friend.

Yesfan70 said:
Ok, the big questions Bats since you're the big fan here. Would adding Robin make or break the series? Do you like the caped crusader with or without his sidekick?

Botch,

You need help my friend.
If someone held a gun to my head, I'd say the film series is better off without Robin. There are a lot, and I mean A LOT, of really good stories in the Batman history. There are also many good stories that include Robin. I have no doubt that if Nolan and co. wrote the character in it would be for good reason. But I don't see it happening. Nolan's Batman is still very early off in his career and IMHO the series would have to be a good 5-6 films in to get a good Robin story brewing. I will say that the several groups of stories and graphic novels which they are drawing from have included Robin, not that it really means much as far as the films are concerned. Did I make myself clear? :think:

Oh yeah. IMO, I don't think you can have Batman without Robin. That's like having Starsky without Hutch, but in this case I kinda like Batman being a loner with these films. He comes off as some sort of a "super vigilante" that strikes fear and horror in criminals. He's very dark, mysterious, and even the good guys like Gordon don't know what to make of him. This version, unlike the others, seems to command respect. As much as I like Tim Burton and how dark some of his films can be, I never got that with the Keaton movies.

Well as far as the past Bat-films are concerned beginning with Batman '89, I'm barely able to sit through any of them after what Nolan has done with the character. Don't get me wrong I have a lot of respect for what Burton, Keaton and Nicholson did to get people to take the character seriously once again. Since pretty much everyone expected a parody once Keaton was cast on the role, I appreciate what they were able to pull off. But after that initial movie it really went off a cliff. And frankly for me, B89 hasn't held up well, especially after what Ledger did with the Joker. After the success of B89, the studio gave Burton way to many liberties with the characters also which is why Batman Returns comes off as SO bizarre. If not for some individual performances, that movie would have no replay value as far as I'm concerned. Other than Keaton and the Commish, there really isn't much continuity or acknowledgment of the first film. Also did you notice how Burton got right back into his usual film making techniques with a lot of black and white colors and music box score. I think the only reason they had Elfman back was for the epic Batman theme from B89...Once the studio got feedback from audiences, Burton was pretty much pulled from the series as a director. And from there Joel Schumacher pretty much doused the franchise in gasoline and threw a match on it...

This series has everything a Batman fan could want and more. They respect and take the character seriously while still taking creative liberties. They somehow manage to weave multiple plot lines and characters into the story without making them seem like an afterthought. They put Batman at the forefront of the story without selling the villains short. Most importantly they understand the character and what makes him tick and therefore the audience understands why anyone would put themselves through what Bruce Wayne does every night...

Apparently Marion Cotillard is confirmed and they are in the process of working out the scheduling, since she is currently pregnant, she can't shoot until sometime in the summer. Also there is now a rumor that some shooting will take place in Philly?!?!? If that comes to fruition, I'm gonna sneak in a scene so look for me in the movie :happy-smileygiantred:

Yesfan70 said:
Oh yeah. IMO, I don't think you can have Batman without Robin.
It's a yin and yang thing. The Robin origin story will have to be updated though. The Robin's Revenge story showed up in Kick Ass.

Alot of people don't know but Marion Cotillard is an incredible singer, I was rather stupified at just how good she is. But singing is second nature to her acting, so I am pleased she is going to be in this.

MatthewB said:
Alot of people don't know but Marion Cotillard is an incredible singer, I was rather stupified at just how good she is. But singing is second nature to her acting, so I am pleased she is going to be in this.

Why? Is this one going to be a musical?

John

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seBpXt8_6xs[/youtube]

Funny!!

First Teaser Poster Revealed!

First teaser poster released for The Dark Knight Rises...Some are saying the teaser trailer will be attached to the upcoming final installment of Harry Potter, others are saying it won't debut until Comic Con later this month, either way the teaser trailer is coming soon!!

TheDarkKnightRises_TeaserPoster.jpg

Official Teaser #1 has been released today...Batman is going to get his ass kicked by Bane at some point in this movie. Embedding is disabled so far, hopefully WB will allow it at some point...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apMXFloDH6M[/youtube]

Voodoo said:
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2011/08/hathaway.jpg
:text-link:
Since we can't post images over 800 wide you'll have to go click the link.

V

I didn't realize Anne Hathaway was going to be Batgirl. Nice.

More trailer released.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaM46CdE-ro[/youtube]

Back