• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Dark Knight Rises!!

Sweet!! Now I don't have to pay!!

imaxpass.jpg

Variants of the new teaser poster have been released....I wish I could do this as a living...

Magnus_Mask.jpg

The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Bane-Break-Poster.jpg

Towen7 said:
How did you get the prologue ticket?

All my credentials & connections of course :happy-smileygiantred: here I pulled some strings for ya :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

:text-link:

Heading up for this prologue in Philly tonight...can't wait :banana-dance:

LIGHT SPOILERS

Caught the prologue last night at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia. (no one showed up in costume :) ) It was a bittersweet experience because the IMAX at this venue is an all encompassing dome that, IMO, isn't really ideal at all for feature films. This prologue however is only shown exclusively at non-digital facilities that are compatible with the 70mm film. Unfortunately the Franklin Institute is the only one that fit the bill within driving distance. Overall, because I didn't care for the venue, the experience was below average. Oh well, it was only a preview...

Based on the viewing of this clip, I'd say the audio for this film (which still has a lot of post editing to be done) still needs a lot of work. The clip featured the beginning of the film, which is also the introduction of the main antagonist, Bane. Bane's voice was unintelligible 90% of the time. I could tell he had an accent and it sounded like he was shouting through a bullhorn. Other than that, I have very little idea what he was saying.

On the positive side, IMO Nolan's production quality is second to none. Whether you like his films or not, the guy pushes the envelope on every project he's involved with. The stunt they pulled off in this sequence was incredibly complex. The look, tone, and feel is on par with the previous films. As a HUGE fan of those films I'm excited about what I saw, and as a HUGE fan of the character, I'm enjoying the ride towards the conclusion of this trilogy.

Yeah I know, I'm a freak... :happy-smileygiantred:

Oh yeah, while at the preview everyone was given a cool t-shirt (free) that has an abstract interpretation of Bane's mask with the word END under the image...

The official The Dark Knight Rises trailer #2 has been released online.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R6zD8VcQTQ[/youtube]

Batman said:
LIGHT SPOILERS

Based on the viewing of this clip, I'd say the audio for this film (which still has a lot of post editing to be done) still needs a lot of work. The clip featured the beginning of the film, which is also the introduction of the main antagonist, Bane. Bane's voice was unintelligible 90% of the time. I could tell he had an accent and it sounded like he was shouting through a bullhorn. Other than that, I have very little idea what he was saying.

'The Dark Knight Rises' Faces Big Problem: Audiences Can't Understand Villain

I'm fairly certain they'll fix it. It would be an awful waste of Tom Hardy's talent if they didn't...also in the 2nd trailer Bane's voice is MUCH better. Besides its well documented that Nolan has barely begun editing this film.

Nolan knows what he's doing and won't let the voice be totally unintelligible. Besides... I don't expect the Bane character to engage in super-villan monolouging.

Thanks for the link DIYer! I imagined they would clean it up. It just didnt make any sense not to and waste part of Tom Hardy's performance. If its at least similar to Bane's voice in the second trailer I'll be pleased. Hopefully they learned from TDK and find a balance for Bale's voice as Batman somewhere between BB and TDK...The voice of Bane was the only detraction from an otherwise awesome and intense prologue.

The Lion King Rises!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NRsPDhyHrc[/youtube]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Apparently in certain areas, IMAX tix are already being pre-sold and then RESOLD for upto $200/seat... :scared-eek:

This has me a little concerned about our GTG trip to IMAX in July....

You'll make it happen Bats (even if we hvae to photocopy one ticket.....thirty times). :happy-smileygiantred:

3rd and final trailer for The Dark Knight Rises...I told ya they'd clean up Bane's voice...The plane hijack sequences scattered throughout are from the prologue that was shown at IMAX in December. I'm incredibly amped up for this film. Every clip shows more and more just how much Nolan gets this character. It makes me really sad he won't be returning for more.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5VDDJlsD6I[/youtube]

I'm almost as excited to see this as The Avengers. I thought the flying Bat Mobile was a little over the top though. One of the things that makes this franchise so appealing to me is the sense of realism Nolan achieves by, in part, not getting too extravagent with the vehicles and devices. I'm sure it'll be great though.

Back