• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Social Network

-B-

I thought it was going to be a fluff movie, dead wrong. The teenagers lost total interest in it while the lady and I were pretty engrossed. Recommended, quite interesting.

I caught Eisenberg in a movie called Holy Rollers about a week ago....another good movie.

Yeah, my wife and I enjoyed it as well. The soundtrack is pretty cool too. Trent Reznor scored it.

I came down from putting my daughter to bed a few weeks ago and my wife was about 10 minutes into the movie. I'm thinking "Oh great, now I'm stuck watching this crap....".
It was actually really interesting and overall I thought it was a pretty good flick.

D

I refuse to get involved with anything that concerns Facebook.

Petty and irrational? You betcha but I can't stand FB.

mzpro5 said:
I refuse to get involved with anything that concerns Facebook.

Petty and irrational? You betcha but I can't stand FB.

Pretty sad, it's not about users or it's use. It's about how a kid became the youngest billionaire in the world. His ladder is debatable, which Is the compelling part of the story.

And what did Facebook do to you?

-B- said:
And what did Facebook do to you?

DIYer said:
Yeah, mz, are you sure you didn't mix it up with other f. book?

I just think it is a detriment to our society and contributes to the lack of face to face contact for many people - especially kids.

I know many people will say it's how we keep up with friends and family that are far away. - isn't that what email was supposed to be for?

Like I said my feelings toward FB are more than likely petty and irrational but it is what it is.

mzpro5 said:
I just think it is a detriment to our society and contributes to the lack of face to face contact for many people - especially kids.
It's only a matter of time. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0986263/
Exclusive_Surrogates_Poster.jpg

I know many people will say it's how we keep up with friends and family that are far away. - isn't that what email was supposed to be for?
I see facebook (not the other f. book - what are you laughing about, Botch?) as enhanced version of email system just like email is the enhanced version of traditional letters and photo prints.

I find that Facebook has actually helped me catch upnwith people and end up out a lot based on where people check in and have the ability to make plans to see people face to face. It's all in how you use it, and I think it's an excellent tool for social interaction.

Mark Zuckerberg created Facebook based on a college society goof, no more, no less. After discovering the popularity of his goof, he gave society what it wanted. Society is the driving force behind Facebook, no fancy marketing, or false promises. It is what it is, period.

Rope

Mark Zuckerberg to me was a socially inept person who happened to have his luck literrally tossed into his lap. Every idea for Facebook was given to him and he just combined it into a webpage that took off like a shot, netting him billions and billions. Shit why can't crap like that happen to me. His story is very similar to Bill Gates, whose ideas were "borrowed" for a better word and he just copyrighted that idea. Damn some people have all the luck.

Matt, don't give up. You still have time. Once you make it, don't forget who your forum friends are.

MatthewB said:
Mark Zuckerberg to me was a socially inept person who happened to have his luck literrally tossed into his lap. Every idea for Facebook was given to him and he just combined it into a webpage that took off like a shot, netting him billions and billions. Shit why can't crap like that happen to me. His story is very similar to Bill Gates, whose ideas were "borrowed" for a better word and he just copyrighted that idea. Damn some people have all the luck.

Socially inept, yes, lucky, no. He was one of the select few who has the ability to see the value in their errors. If it weren't for his social ineptness, drunken fury, and backlash from Harvard. Facebook may have never been born.

Rope

-B- said:
I find that Facebook has actually helped me catch upnwith people and end up out a lot based on where people check in and have the ability to make plans to see people face to face. It's all in how you use it, and I think it's an excellent tool for social interaction.

Feel pretty much the same way Bryan. I've had a chance to talk to people I haven't seen since high school, nor would I probably have ever talked to them if it weren't for Facebook. Texting on the other hand, is truly the downfall of communication. It has it's place, but some people are absolutely out of control on texting.

Huey said:
-B- said:

Feel pretty much the same way Bryan. I've had a chance to talk to people I haven't seen since high school, nor would I probably have ever talked to them if it weren't for Facebook. Texting on the other hand, is truly the downfall of communication. It has it's place, but some people are absolutely out of control on texting.

That's another area I tend to disagree with. If you keep in contact with more than a few people a day it's an excellent tool to have multiple interactions and still be productive. Sometimes a phone call is necessary or warranted. But txt keeps me in touch with close friends daily, and my daughter whe she is not here. In fact i'd say txt has more solidified out relationship when I didn't see her as much as I do now. Can it be over used? Damn right, she txt's on average 20/25k a month.

What irks me about Facebook, is knowing back in high school how drunk , stupid and immature some of my friends were back then and to see not much has changed in their future. Lord some of my buddies can post stupid shit. But is nice to see how some have really made it in their professional and personal lives.

Oh and DIYer, if I create something that nets me billions of dollars, I will remember you all........................by posting pics of me on a foreign beach with two half naked hotties holding margaritas and mimosas in each hand, while I post under the pics, you sons of bitches bet your thinking twice about writing on my face when i was passed out at Bats place huh?.....and then offer a hefty reward to whomever is the first to "nark out the perps in said incident" :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

oh and buy you all a HD-DVD player with one free movie.......Flint gets Transformers. :laughing-rolling:

Back