• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Walking Dead

Movies in general, I love how unrealistic the chase scenes are. The 70 GTO Judge in that particular trailer would have runaway and hid from the police cars.

Rope

I will have to wait for the DVD of this one as I dont have AMC. If they follow the comic like they claim they are it should be pretty good.

Dish is giving us AMC free this month so I got to see the pilot episode and all I will say is.....AWSOME!

If they stay in the vein of the comic, like they did with the pilot thyis show will rock.

BTW, the walking dead refers more to the survivors then the zombies.

If you can't get AMC you can download the shows for $1.99 a show from amazon. 1st one is free.

Finally, a Zombie movie where they move really fast, attempt to catch the living, eat their guts out and faces off.

Rope

Just watched the firs episode and it was AWESOME. I love the fact that Frank Durabont is behind this. For those who don't know Frank did "The Shawshank Redemption" and "The Green Mile". I loved the pace of the show and could relate to alot of the characters. So looking forward to the 2nd episode, considering they left this episode on such a cliff hanger. Great show so far.

I'm pretty sure you can stream it for free from AMC's website. I tried to watch it a few weeks ago, but something else came up. Only saw the first few minutes (opening scene where the little girl was chasing the cop), but it kept my attention for those first few minutes.

Lovin' the show so far, but whoever the audio team is needs some funding. The sounds effects are just horrendous.
Other than that...Excellent show. Heavily considering purchasing the "books".

Love the show. Wish DTV offered AMC in HD. Here is a neat article on zombies and modern life

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/05/arts/television/05zombies.html

From the article:

IF THERE’S ONE THING we all understand about zombie killing, it’s that the act is uncomplicated: you blast one in the brain from point-blank range (preferably with a shotgun). That’s Step 1. Step 2 is doing the same thing to the next zombie that takes its place. Step 3 is identical to Step 2, and Step 4 isn’t any different from Step 3. Repeat this process until (a) you perish, or (b) you run out of zombies. That’s really the only viable strategy.

Every zombie war is a war of attrition. It’s always a numbers game. And it’s more repetitive than complex. In other words, zombie killing is philosophically similar to reading and deleting 400 work e-mails on a Monday morning or filling out paperwork that only generates more paperwork, or following Twitter gossip out of obligation, or performing tedious tasks in which the only true risk is being consumed by the avalanche. The principle downside to any zombie attack is that the zombies will never stop coming; the principle downside to life is that you will be never be finished with whatever it is you do.

Don't know if someone else mentioned this but "Walking Dead" season 1 is available on NF streaming.

At the end of last season they seemed to hint that the zombies have some kind of psychic connection with each other. Also the lone scientist at the CDC whispers some secret abut the zombies to the main hero. Should be interesting to see where those things go in season two.

I set my DVR to record. I think they had a marathon last Sunday, but I haven't watched anything yet. I figured I could do my own Halloween marathon and watch it downstairs. I could watch it, while the live Ghosthunters Halloween special is taping.

I also am late to this party but caught the season 2 premier and became hooked. I have stated watching the 'Webisodes' also and now I feel 'caught up'. Can't wait for episode 2 now.

Back