• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Time to Join the Club & Get a New Subwoofer

Corner placement for a single sub maximizes room gain and enhances the most possible room modes, making them easier to tame through EQ'ing therefore givng you the flattest response.

If my memory serves me correctly anywho!!!

In a proper studio setup most rooms have odd shapes (not traditional rectangles) and the listener is often sitting very close to the speakers. This changes everything. Sometimes home listening rules apply to studio control rooms where the room is similar to a HT, but sometimes things are so different that HT ideal setups don't make any sense.

Botch said:
Dr. Rosen, is a corner position like that your only option?

No. I could put it anywhere along either the front or side walls, or in either of the 2 front corners. Placing it somewhere near the prime listening position or out in the room would look pretty ridiculous.

I placed my new PSA exactly where I had my previous Velodyne sitting. I arrived at that location by putting the sub in the prime listening position and then crawling around the room to find the highest bass level. I could not notice a real difference between either front corner placement.

drrosen2l said:
I arrived at that location by putting the sub in the prime listening position and then crawling around the room to find the highest bass level.

Why not the position with the smoothest freq. response?

mazersteven said:
I think you should have purchased two - one for each corner :happy-smileygiantred:

Yes, I should have purchased two, but I thought I would try to salvage my marriage instead!

Did you do the Finding Nemo Darla Fish Tank Test?

Darla006.jpg

Very cool new toy!! I wish I could hear one of those in person...or...maybe not after I think about it for a second.

John

Back