• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Tom Petty- dead at 66

He was a self-made, highly determined, uncompromising musical genius. He had business sense AND great creativity - both rare in the musical world.

He was a legend in my eyes. An early live recording of Breakdown is still one of my favorite all time songs.

Great artist. What a shame. Saw him multiple times. I've been listening to IHeartRadio, the Classic Vinyl channel for about an hour now and all that has been playing is Tom's music. My wife just mentioned he passed today. That's why I guess as they usually mix it up. May he R.I.P.

Whoa, that's a bit shocking. RIP, Tom.

LA Times just tweeted that Tom Petty's long time manager just confirmed with them that Tom finally passed away.

Tom was a tricky guy, he fooled his friends, band, managers, labels, and fans, and now he has fooled death himself.

I have been seriously affected by Tom Petty''s passing. This song feels like a hymn to me. The accent is irrelevant. I have my own way of talking, as we all do. RIP Tom Petty.

The hit the music industry has taken in the last 2/3 years is huge. Tom is a major loss to us all.

I’m no country music fan but Jason Aldean performed an okay cover of I Won’t Back Down in a tribute to Tom Petty on SNL last night.

I’m no country music fan but Jason Aldean performed an okay cover of I Won’t Back Down in a tribute to Tom Petty on SNL last night.

I thought his rendition was poor. His voice/style didn't seem to be suited to the song and at times it sound a bit off tune. At best a 3.5 ourt of 10 IMO.

^ I said it was “okay,” not transcendent....I thought it was a nice gesture towards both Petty and the LV incident. If he was trying to do an impression of Petty, then agreed it was poor.

I agree it was a very nice gesture and upon rereading my criticism it may have been a bit harsh.

Back