• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Truck Stop Missouri trailor premeirs aug 3rd Travel Channel

Re: Truck Stop Missouri trailor premeirs aug 3rd Travel Chan

Oh goodness. This isn't going to help the national perception of our state...

AndySTL said:

:happy-smileygiantred: Im afraid your right.

Never been to that one (guessing it's on the west side of Columbia, I usually stop in Kingdom City), but ye gods and little fishies, that looks like a train wreck in slow motion.

AndySTL said:
I would think a truck stop is a cross-section of america, not that particular state...

Botch said:
AndySTL said:
I would think a truck stop is a cross-section of america, not that particular state...

All the recurring characters would presumably be the employees, so I'm thinking people will think Missouri when they see this show. Hell, the name of our state is in the title of the show!

Cow shit bingo.

nothing else needs to be said.

It terrible that shows like that even exist.

Remember when the Travel Channel was about places to travel to and see. When i first started watching Id see places id like to check out and countries I could never ever visit but on there show I felt like was there. Now its this kinda BS.

Srvy said:
Remember when the Travel Channel was about places to travel to and see. When i first started watching Id see places id like to check out and countries I could never ever visit but on there show I felt like was there. Now its this kinda BS.

Remember when the History channel used to be about history?

Now it's about pawn brokers, lumber jacks, truckers, garbage pickers and red neck gator hunters. THAT'S a bunch of crap.

I can't imagine anyone finding that entertaining, much less a network picking it. As they say, simple things amuse simple minds.

Rope

"We'll do anything for money". - The truck stop owner (forgot his name).

Apparently so. :shock:

There are a few shows I do like that's on History, Travel, etc that's not in tune with what those channels "should" so. But I agree, it seems the major networks have been going through some sort of identity crisis for the past 20 years. I can remember when "I wanted my MTV". Now I wish they would take it away.....far, far away.

AndySTL said:
Botch said:
AndySTL said:

All the recurring characters would presumably be the employees, so I'm thinking people will think Missouri when they see this show. Hell, the name of our state is in the title of the show!

I don't think this show really reflects what Missourians are really like. If people really think shows like this represents a state as a whole, then that's just their ignorance showing.

Yesfan70 said:
If people really think shows like this represents a state as a whole, then that's just their ignorance showing.

Yeah they are probably from Missouri :laughing:

mzpro5 said:
Yesfan70 said:
If people really think shows like this represents a state as a whole, then that's just their ignorance showing.

Yeah they are probably from Missouri :laughing:

LOL! :laughing: , That's not what I was implying Mz, but thanks for the laugh. Wasn't expecting that.

You guys must've never pissed off a bridge because I think that show looks flippin' awesome! Except the zombie games and the renaissance fair battles looked stupid---not redneck enough.

Who could eat that 70 ounces of gravy and 7 biscuits? Oh wait 80% of the people in Home Town Buffet. :D

Now there is a show right there a day at the Buffet.

Speaking of which... I liked how the promo video juxtaposed the "Cow Patty Bingo" with the people eating a bucket full of the "Big 70". Because even if it doesn't take like shit, which it very well might, at minimum you'll be taking a shit after eating it.

Reality show are cheap to produce, no high actor salaries & script writers to pay. What's next - old hooker documentaries on the History channel? :scared-yipes:

I see a need to reorganize the channel lineup - actual historical events (with the original cast) in History, redneck stuff (Swamp people, Billy the exterminator, Monster Trucks) in the Redneck channel, etc. - you know, truth in advertising.

Never happen, though, as long as they can get away with forcing cable subscribers to pay for channels they don't watch.

Kazaam said:
...at minimum you'll be taking a shit after eating it.
Or... not. :?

:laughing:

Back