• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Two and Half Men

Huey

Famous
Any body watch this last night? I want give much away for those that haven't seen it. IMHO, it was ok, but Kelso, I mean Ashton and Jon Cryer did not seem to have the chemistry that Jon had with Charlie. They took a lot of cheap shots at Charlie, and the vulgarity didn't seem to work without Charlie. I give it a season and out!

I think the thing that I picked up on the most was the fact that Ashton seemed to have a really hard time not laughing at himself a number of times.

It definitely was not the same, but I am holding out hope for a decent show.

Not the first time CBS has shot themselves in the foot. That program without Sheen, well, isn't that program. Nothing against Ashton Kutcher, he's not Sheen. And no, I didn't tune in.

Rope

I saw it, mainly just to see how they could work a funeral into a comedy. It was... okay.

Guess I am in the minority (not unusual today) but I thought they did a pretty good job with what could have been a total disaster.

I was pleased to see that Kutcher did not come on and play "Kelso" I was afraid of that.

It won't be the 2 1/2 Men we are used to but I think it has the potential to be a pretty good show on its own.

And they need to change the name - that kid is so big they should call it 3 1/4 Men.

I missed the broadcast, but caught it online. Never was a big fan of the show. I think the jokes had already begun to get stale even before the whole Sheen fiasco took place. The addition of Kutcher has piqued my interest, though. It was a fairly entertaining episode except I didn't really like the beginning. But it served its purpose. I'll try to watch the next few episodes just to see how things go.

Ill admit I watched the original 1 time then dismissed it but when the Sheen fiasco happened I checked out some reruns and thought it was a funny show. The new one is up against MNF sorry football wins wont watch through the NFL season.

i watched and thought it was well done. the mother standng up at his funeral trying to sell his house announcing the open house and brouchers in the back was funny as well as his ashes ending up in a dust buster... i like it and will watch.. yes it's up against MNF but thats what DVR's are for...

oh yea i can relate to "hung like and elephant" comment too :happy-smileygiantred: :happy-smileygiantred:

msn.com just put up an article stating it was the most watched 2.5 men ever.

I'll give it a couple more tries and then make a decission. Was not totally impressed and did not hate it.

Will never be the same 2.5 men.

It started out funny (the funeral scene), but it seemed a bit predictable to me. Though Kutcher did surprise me some, I thought the episode was about as funny as some of the "average" episodes with Sheen.

In the end, I think the show just can't go on without Sheen. He adds to the chemistry. Too bad Charlie's turned into a dick as that was my favorite show on TV.

I think the show has officially jumped the shark. The only reason why it got the ratings was because of the Sheen fiasco and people tuning in to see what Kutcher would be like. I predict this will be the last season for the show. Just not the same without Charlie Sheen IMHO.
Mike

^^ I think you hit the nail on the head. That was the main reason why I tuned in.

well some have this in the grave, it's the 1st game in the season... a hit or bust is not made in one game.. saints lost to the packers 1st week.. they done? redskins & buffalo 2-0...you got that as the SB? let's give it time...

Whether the show succeeds or flops, I (for once) have to applaud the network, for not paying the obscene salary that Sheen was demanding. Good on 'em! :text-bravo:

I think the best (worst?) thing to come out of this was Miley Cyrus re-tweeting Sheen's “WINNING!” nonsense.

ps - I agree about not paying Sheen any more money.

I finally watched it last night and thought it was okay. I think this was the awkward episode where they tried to quickly explain everything away with as little drama as possible.

My biggest problem is that Ashton Kutcher is one of the worst actors to ever live, so I don't see him succeeding in any role.

Flint said:
I finally watched it last night and thought it was okay. I think this was the awkward episode where they tried to quickly explain everything away with as little drama as possible.

My biggest problem is that Ashton Kutcher is one of the worst actors to ever live, so I don't see him succeeding in any role.

What?! Dude, Where's my Car is classic cinema.....maybe every episode he'll punk that little fat kid.

Back