• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Wardsweb 2-channel rig

DIYer said:
Yesfan70 said:
Well, there's always armed robbery. Got any banks nearby?

Hey, now there's a novel idea! :laughing:
If a screw driver and a bicycle can put a man in prison for a few months, imagine how much longer an unsuccessful armed bank robbery can? :angry-nono:

Difference between stealing the screw driver and bicycle, vs. robbing a bank is the difference between going to a state penatentury and federal prison. State pen is everyone's worst nightmare, although there are exceptions, while federal prison is a lot like club med.

Do a big bank, and steal at least 10M, but no more than 50M.

Rope

Rope said:
Difference between stealing the screw driver and bicycle,
Uh... it was more about what the guy did with a screw driver while going around the town on his bicycle over in Bournemouth, England. :shifty:

Maximo said:
what I love about it most is the man knows how to build a clean system.

Ya, the system is cool enough on its own, and then the complete lack of visible speaker wires and interconnects makes it even cooler.

Randy said:
Ya, the system is cool enough on its own, and then the complete lack of visible speaker wires and interconnects makes it even cooler.
Actually, if you look carefully, you can see them. Not that it bothers me.

Wardsweb, you do have a beautiful 2-channel rig. :handgestures-thumbup:

DIYer said:
Randy said:
Actually, if you look carefully, you can see them. Not that it bothers me.

Wardsweb, you do have a beautiful 2-channel rig. :handgestures-thumbup:
Thank you..I do like it. The power cords are velcro'd to the back leg. You can't see it in the pic, because it is perfectly lined up with the front leg in that shot. The interconnects are Nordost. The clear jacket tends to blend in, making them nonintrusive.

Someday my wife will let me visit you my friend. Not sure if I would like to come back home though........only reason would to be with my Son & Wife..........I'm sad.....

Barney said:
Someday my wife will let me visit you my friend. Not sure if I would like to come back home though........only reason would to be with my Son & Wife..........I'm sad.....
You are more than welcomed to visit anytime. Please feel free to bring the whole family. How old is your son?

I've had this little PC music server sitting around for a couple years. My issue was wanting a control that didn't require a keyboard, mouse and monitor. Well everything came together recently and now it is a fully functional remote controlled music server.

PC windows based playing FLAC files via Foobar2000. It is controlled by an iPad running a Foobar2000 app; MonkeyMote.

musicserver.jpg

Wardsweb said:
I've had this little PC music server sitting around for a couple years. My issue was wanting a control that didn't require a keyboard, mouse and monitor. Well everything came together recently and now it is a fully functional remote controlled music server.

PC windows based playing FLAC files via Foobar2000. It is controlled by an iPad running a Foobar2000 app; MonkeyMote.

Very cool! Where is the PC? How is the audio connected to your system?

PaulyT said:
Very cool! Where is the PC? How is the audio connected to your system?
top down: Turntable, CD, Preamp, PC, Power Center

I just hooked this up last night. I had a M-Audio 24/192 card in it but pulled it about a year ago and used in my main PC. So now searching for a new high end card with digital out so I can use an external DAC.

Neat, that's a great-looking PC! I never woulda guessed that was it... thought was some other high-end audio component. ;)

Most people think they are blessed just to have one killer stereo system. But you have that PLUS a dining room! That's just unfair.

:teasing-tease:

I have multiple audio systems because I chose to focus on audio and cars. I sold my motorcycles, all my dive gear, gave up golf, quite bowling and pretty much everything else I used to do. I'm a home body now and love it.

How best to say this: I think that the appearance of much of your equipment also gives your rooms a unique, kind of warm technical look, unlike the average A/V stuff. The wood finishes & craftsmanship along with the glow of the tubes, etc. really look great. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us!

Wardsweb, you can't be real. Don't even want to see what you have in the "Mens Room"....
By the way, my son will be 12 in Oct, my daughter will be 34 next April, & I'll be 61 in Nov (and still broke).

Back