• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Wardsweb Systems Update

A little fun with CNC

wardswebclearaudio.jpg

Rope said:
Wards -

What material makes up the platter?

Rope
The turntable is acrylic and stainless steel. The platter is frosted and the plinth polished. All the metal is machined billet stainless steel. The whole thing weights about 80 pounds. My little name plate is machined aluminum, bead blasted and then I polished the face.

yromj said:
So the nameplate is aluminum color? It looks bronzish in the pic.

John

That is from the incandescent light in the room filtered through burgundy lamp shades.

A few updates: Music Fidelity M1DAC, tube VU meter from Nixiekits and some red bling for the reel to reel. Also changed the lights in the room so it doesn't have the yellow hue anymore.

livingroom021613.jpg

Wardsweb said:
A few updates: Music Fidelity M1DAC, tube VU meter from Nixiekits and some red bling for the reel to reel. Also changed the lights in the room so it doesn't have the yellow hue anymore.

livingroom021613.jpg
Truly impressive

Thanks guys. This has been an evolution spanning many years. I do like how it has all come together both sonically and visually.

I had one of those Tascam tape machines in my studio for about 9 months, worked very well. I would have kept it but the local Public Radio station sold off their Studer machine which was much better, so I sold the Tascam and got the Studer. Very nice stuff!

Now, go record some live music on your Reel-to-Reel and experience the joy of real music recreation at home!

(hehehe)

Can't even get past the "front room" unless I could spend hours to listen to both systems (the ML's also).
Can't wait to enjoy the "new family room" since you have the projector going.......
Yes, you do........SUCK..... :music-listening:

Anytime Barney, my door is always open for jammin, chillin and drinking (your choice of libation).

Back