• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Well shit....

Planning on the Dayton 15" titanic driver, haven't really decided on an amp yet, after really looking into them there are so many to choose from. I want something that will pump out plenty without straining.

I was thinking about two 12" subs which performance wise may be better then the one 15 but my room just doesn't allow two subs.

walls said:
Planning on the Dayton 15" titanic driver, haven't really decided on an amp yet, after really looking into them there are so many to choose from. I want something that will pump out plenty without straining.

I was thinking about two 12" subs which performance wise may be better then the one 15 but my room just doesn't allow two subs.

You should have a chat with Matt and Jeff. They would disagree with you that ANY room doesn't allow for more than one sub.

It depends on the funds you have available. If you can afford a pair of good quality drivers, then go for it. If not, it may be better to get one higher quality driver than 2 lower quality ones.

walls said:
Gonna hand pick my pieces tomorrow for the enclosure, I buy a lot of material from a great lumber yard that carries some fine hardwoods. Gonna be fun!

I don't know how important for subs it is, but typical speaker boxes are best if they're uniform/dense/dead. MDF and Baltic Birtch plywood are the most common enclosures. After building the box, could then skin it with a veneer of whatever you like.

Here's what I did with a pair of speakers...
InsideSpeakerBox.jpg

8728a996.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

And the sub I built...
10-10-07002.jpg

I love that veneer you used, TKoP; gorgeous! :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Nothing, at a stand still with the sub right now. Bathroom and bedroom remodel finally done and I bought a new tv for the downstairs theater (80" er!!). Still have it in the box have yet to hang it.
Planning on hanging the new 60" tv in the bedroom today or tomorrow.

After those sets are hung I am going to pack away or sell the projector and screen, and then finally, begin the sub project.

The dinky 42" in my bedroom and the scrawny 58" in the livingroom have never looked smaller than they do right now.

:bow-blue:

I'm showing this post to Mrs. T7 then heading to Costco.

Life is good.

I felt my 32in. was overkill in my bedroom. Hey who am I kidding 60" would be kick ass.

Randy said:
Holy crap!!!!

A 60" in the bedroom???

My wife and I have a 73" Mits in the bedroom, but that's only because we had no where else to put it once I got the new tv for the living room last year.

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Lol, the "boss" got to pick everything for the bed and bath remodel, only thing I asked for was a big tv. So she let me get the 80" for the basement and move the 60" upstairs.

I think she likes it more then I do, lol.

Back