• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

1296486500_folder.jpg

Dream Cafe -- CD

Greg Brown

1992 Red House Records

Greg lets his finest come to your ears...., January 3, 2003
By Peter Jackson (Spring Lake, MI USA) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: Dream Cafe (Audio CD)

If you are familiar with Greg Brown, you probably are familiar with this release. If you don't have it, get it and treat yourself to an experience that take you on a journey of loves lost and loves to come. For those who are curious about Greg's work, this is an excellent place to start. There is not a bad cut here, and in particular, "Dream Cafe", "Spring Wind" and "Laughing River" are a trio of songs that somehow work some sort of magic into allowing me to see into life a bit deeper for a period of time. Two other releases that go along well with this are "Further In" and "The Poet Game."

All songs by Greg Brown.

"Just by Myself" – 4:45
"Sleeper" – 4:28
"I Don't Know That Guy" – 4:51
"So Hard" – 2:38
"You Can Watch Me" – 3:37
"Dream Cafe" – 5:55
"You Drive Me Crazy" – 4:56
"Spring Wind" – 4:32
"Nice When it Rains" – 3:10
"Laughing River" – 4:16
"No Place Away" – 4:10
"I Don't Want to Be the One" – 3:24

heeman said:
Zappa Plays Zappa. DVD Concert!!! (cant find a good image!)

Love this one.................HOLY SHIT!

First time playing on the 5.1!! :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

51rOyHlWPZL.jpg

1301086922_cover.jpg

Here We Go Again - Celebrating the Genius of Ray Charles -- CD

Willie Nelson - Wynton Marsalis featuring Norah Jones

2011 Blue Note Records

Once in a while the stars align and something magical happens...as on the night Jazz at Lincoln Center presented a salute to the late, great bluesman, Ray Charles. Two musical iconoclasts, Willie Nelson and Wynton Marsalis, along with the stunning songstress Norah Jones, collectively brought their unique musical perspective to the legendary artist's hits such as "Hallelujah I Love Her So", "Hit the Road Jack," and "Unchain My Heart." Country music legend Willie Nelson and Pulitzer Prize-winning jazz artist and Jazz at Lincoln Center Artistic Director Wynton Marsalis share more in common than their multiple GRAMMY® awards. They also share great respect and admiration for the late musical pioneer Ray Charles. Nelson and Marsalis joined musical forces for a two-night Jazz at Lincoln Center concert event at New York City's Frederick P. Rose Hall, home of Jazz at Lincoln Center. Their set list explored the legacy of Charles, cleverly sequencing the songs to tell the story of a love affair from beginning to end and beyond. This fine idea was made finer by the inclusion of fellow multiple GRAMMY® winner Norah Jones, whose style suggests a middle ground between Nelson and Marsalis. The sold out performance was captured and the resulting footage expertly mixed and mastered for the brand new album.

1. "Hallelujah I Love Her So" Don Lanier, Red Steagall 4:54
2. "Come Rain or Come Shine" (featuring Norah Jones) Harold Arlen, Johnny Mercer 3:52
3. "Unchain My Heart" Teddy Powell, Bobby Sharp 5:35
4. "Cryin' Time" (featuring Norah Jones) Buck Owens 4:32
5. "Losing Hand" Charles Calhoun 5:16
6. "Hit the Road Jack" (featuring Norah Jones) Percy Mayfield 7:45
7. "I'm Moving On" Hank Snow 5:44
8. "Busted" Harlan Howard 3:52
9. "Here We Go Again" (featuring Norah Jones) Don Lanier, Red Steagall 5:10
10. "Makin' Whoopee" (featuring Norah Jones) Gus Kahn 4:54
11. "I Love You So Much It Hurts" Floyd Tillman 2:52
12. "What'd I Say" (featuring Norah Jones) Ray Charles 6:11

My last one for the evening...

6421225b9da0da96ab736110.L.jpg

Lonely At The Top - The Best of Randy Newman -- Remastered CD

Randy Newman

1987 Warner Bros. Records

All Hail King Randy, August 2, 2002
By Itamar Katz (Ramat-Gan, Israel) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lonely at the Top (Audio CD)

'Lonely At The Top' is the best possible introduction to one of the most overlooked musical geniuses of the 20th century. If you're not familiar (or only briefly familiar) with the music of Randy Newman then this compilation will give you a fantastic selection of classics from the various stages of his career, from the charming pop ballads of his first album ('Love Story', 'Living Without You' and 'I Think It's Going To Rain Today'), through the cold, sharp sarcasm of Sail Away ('Political Science', 'God's Song', 'Sail Away'), and to the fantastic 80s guitar pop of 'Little Criminals' ('Jolly Coppers on Parade', 'Short People'). Eace and every one of the songs here is memorable, great songs like 'Rider In The Rain', 'My Old Kentucky Home', 'Rednecks', the disturbing 'Christmas in Capetown' and of course the unforgettable hit 'Lonely At The Top'. Slightly odd is the exclusion of the massive hit 'You Can Leave Your Hat On'; otherwise, for the casual listener, 'Lonely At The Top' is all the Randy Newman you should need (though, of course, it lacks his lovely 90s Disney themes like 'You've Got a Friend In Me' from Toy Story and 'If I Didn't Have You' from Monsters Inc.) If you enjoyed it, though, you are more than welcomed to make a stab at his wonderful albums (the best place to start would be either 'Sail Away', 'Good Old Boys', 'Randy Newman' or 'Little Criminals').

All tracks written by Randy Newman

"Love Story (You and Me)"
"Livin' Without You"
"I Think It's Going to Rain Today"
"Mama Told Me (Not to Come)"
"Old Kentucky Home"
"Sail Away"
"Simon Smith and the Amazing Dancing Bear"
"Political Science"
"God's Song (That's Why I Love Mankind)"
"Rednecks"
"Birmingham"
"Marie"
"Louisiana 1927"
"Baltimore"
"Jolly Coppers on Parade"
"Rider in the Rain"
"In Germany Before the War"
"Short People"
"Christmas in Cape Town"
"My Life Is Good"
"I Love L.A."
"Lonely at the Top" [Live]

Dennie said:
heeman said:

First time playing on the 5.1!! :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

51rOyHlWPZL.jpg

Thanks again sir!

heeman said:
Dennie said:
heeman said:

51rOyHlWPZL.jpg

Thanks again sir!
No problem Heeman, glad to help!

Dennie

b7ff4310fca0913ffbc7a010.L.jpg

Back On The Case -- CD

Acoustic Alchemy

1991 GRP Records

Pure Pleasure & Joy -- Best Album By AA -- A Great Group!!, April 13, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Back on the Case (Audio CD)

Very Rarely, have I experienced an album of complete and balanced quality creating homogeneous musical pleasure and satisfaction. Each song fits together with a smooth blend of textures bringing out the best of the Acoustic Guitar mixed with a superb mixture of other instruments. I love Acoustic Guitar and have lots--but this Album for me significantly beats any other Acoustic Album for a complete package! I simply LOVE each song and the result gives a relaxing...but yet optimistic and uplifing feel...I'm rejuvenated and "made right" after listening to it...no matter how often. I especially find "On The Case" a great track, but the others are just as good.

BTW...each album of AA in the collaboration of Webb/Carmichael is excellent...and I also recommend "A Beautiful Game" of AA
after the sad, untimely passing of Nick Webb due to Cancer in 1998.

Personally...of the 1,000 or more albums I've have had and/or listened to in my life from about every genre...this album would have to be easily in the top 5 for musical quality and the feel it gives. A great piece of Work!!

1 "The Alchemist" Webb/Carmichael 3:54
2 "Jamaica Heartbeat" Webb/Carmichael/Parsons 5:31
3 "Georgia Peach" Webb/Carmichael/Parsons 4:23
4 "Playing For Time" Webb/Carmichael/Parsons 6:05
5 "When The Lights Go Out" Webb/Parsons 4:36
6 "Clear Air For Miles" Webb/Carmichael/Disley 6:34
7 "Fire Of The Heart" Webb/Carmichael/Parsons/Disley 4:06
8 "Freeze Frame" Webb/Carmichael/Parsons 4:02
9 "On The Case" Webb/Carmichael/Parsons 3:57
10 "Break For The Border" Webb/Carmichael/Parsons 4:53

9df21363ada07d34c4c9f010.L.jpg

Elixir -- CD

Fourplay

1995 Warner Bros. Records

All Stars of Smooth Jazz, March 24, 2003
By Russell Diederich (Littleton, CO United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Elixir (Audio CD)

You can't complain when you put Lee Ritenour on guitar, Nathan East on Bass, Bob James on keys and Harvey Mason on drums. The kings of smooth jazz all joining together to form Fourplay, and release another incredible album in "Elixir". The musicians have been successful on their own, and when mixed together, it is hard not to put out something of this caliber.

The album is packed with good smooth jazz, mostly written by the guys in the band. There are some exceptional gems here like "Magic Carpet Ride" with some great solos from Ritenour and James. Phil Collins lends his voice and his lyrics to "Why Can't It Wait Till Morning", which is well done by the band and Collins' voice is very fitting. The title track is very jazzy, and what a great sound from Ritenour. "Play Lady Play" is a little more funky and allows East to step forward and slap his bass around a bit. "Licorice" also has a good sound.

I was pleased with this release from Fourplay, and it gets a lot of airplay from my smooth jazz collection. Fourplay is definitely a band worth pursuing, as well are each of the guys in the band. I have been a large fan of Ritenour and came across his work with Fourplay in pursuing him. His solo stuff is exceptional, and I recommend his Wes Montgomery tribute, "Wes Bound".

1. "Elixir" East, James, Mason, Ritenour 7:23
2. "Dream Come True" East, Lawson 5:15
3. "Play Lady Play" James, Ritenour 4:36
4. "Why Can't It Wait 'Til Morning?" Collins 5:17
5. "Magic Carpet Ride" Ritenour 6:27
6. "Whisper in My Ear" James 6:12
7. "Fannie Mae" Mason 5:31
8. "The Closer I Get to You" Mtume 5:01
9. "East 2 West" East, East 5:56
10. "Licorice" James 5:12
11. "In My Corner" Mason, Mason 6:56
Total length:
63:46

29e18149e7a00215b7fed110.L.jpg

Inner Motion -- CD

David Benoit

1990 GRP Records

This May Be His Best!!!, December 30, 2005
By Mr. Music Critic (Georgia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Inner Motion (Audio CD)

I have owned several of David Benoit's CD's over the years. I purchased this one not long after it came out and it is still in my collection. He is a wonderful keyboard player. This one features the superb singing of the former lead singer of Ambrosia (David Pack) on the the selections called Every Corner Of The World and also Along Love's Highway. Incidentally, these are two of the best tracks on this one. The other two songs that I like are M.W.A. (Musicians With Attitude), and El Camino Real. This may be his best!!!

1. M.W.A.
2. Coconut Roads
3. Every Corner of the World
4. 6-String Poet
5. Houston
6. Along Love's Highway
7. Deep Light
8. El Camino Real
9. South East Quarter
10. A Last Request

d0c6c060ada07b318ee0e110.L.jpg

American Landscape -- CD

David Benoit

1997 GRP Records

From Jazziz

Long before his GRP days, when pianist David Benoit began adding electronics to his albums, he scored TV shows and recorded albums of acoustic piano and strings. Back then, he was known not so much for his playing but for his composing and arranging. On his first release for GRP, 1987's Freedom at Midnight, Benoit composed and arranged "Morning Sojourn," showcasing an articulate contemporary horn-and-string arrangement reminiscent of the symphony-meets-the-Wild-West style of his mentor, Dave Grusin. And though he has yet to do an entire album of piano and strings, Benoit consistently reminds us of his expertise in this area on a track or two of his recent albums. "A Personal Story" from 1997's American Landscape offers a good example.

--- JAZZIZ Magazine Copyright © 2000, Milor Entertainment, Inc.

1. American Landscape
2. Max's Boogie
3. Lost In Tokyo
4. If I Can Believe
5. A Personal Story
6. Rue De La Soleil
7. Saying Goodbye
8. Mr. Rodriguez's Opus
9. Speed Racer

Listening to 2004's "Crosby & Nash" double-length album...
It's better than I recalled, albeit still very much hit-and-miss...
Or, rather, hit-miss-miss-miss-miss-hit-hit-miss-miss-miss-hit-miss-whiff-miss-bunt-bunt-bunt-miss...

The sound quality is pleasant enough, at least.

51VFX3HvIzL._SS500_.jpg

51G7YSjBr8L._SS500_.jpg

Giblet Gravy -- Remastered CD

George Benson

1968/2000 Verve Records

Landmark in jazzguitar, November 26, 2002
By Anders Jonasson (Bankeryd Sweden) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: Giblet Gravy (Audio CD)

I was happy to order this CD a few days ago..and I am writing this review without having listened to the record for at least 25 years!
Still... every tune is there in my mind...I heard the LP version even before I heard Grant Green..so it has been fundamental in the way I listen to music and of course the way I play as a jazzguitarist myself.
Benson was in Stockolm either 1967 or 1968 and I remember how taken I was by his playing then,,that fat clean smooth but still aggressive tone...

There is a blues "LOW DOWN AND DIRTY" so subtle and so full of emotions and very very expressive and dynamic..never heard anything like that before or hardly even after..Herbie Hancock is supporting Benson in a wonderful way and then takes a solo that is breathtaking in it s own beauty.Another higlight is
Harold Ousleys funky swinger called "THUNDER WALK"
Benson must have been an extraordinary talent since he developed from a R&B singer into one of the most important jazzguitarists ever in only a few years. His years with McDuff in the beginning of the 60:s is probably a big part of the answer
The Benson influence the mix of pentatonic scales and dorian modes can be heard on some of his finest followers like "TRUE BLUE" with Mark Whitfield or "AN EVENING AT SEA" with Henry Johnson more or less anything with JIMMY PONDER HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

1. Along Comes Mary
2. Sunny
3. What's New?
4. Giblet Gravy
5. Walk on By
6. Thunder Walk
7. Sack O' Woe
8. Groovin'
9. Low Down and Dirty
10. Billie's Bounce

11. What's New?
[Alternate Take][#]

12. What's New?
[Alternate Take][#]

My last one for the evening...

dd47c060ada0b179278f8110.L.jpg

Summer -- CD

George Winston - Solo Piano

1991 Windham Hill Records

Amazon.com

George Winston has the unique ability to play bright, uplifting, yet stingingly melancholy piano, and Summer is one of the best examples of his fine work around. Somewhere between the ambient-style tone poems of Winter into Spring and the melodious charm of Autumn, Summer dances brightly, evoking images of relaxing under a tree or children playing in a field. Highlights are many and include Winston's "Lullaby," full of melody and lyrical tension; "Hummingbird," with its whirling repetitive structure, reflecting the vibrant dimension of nature during the summer season; and the fun, rambling "Corrina, Corrina." In short, this is another album of what Winston does best--underscoring the poetic moments of life through poignant, beautiful music. --Karen Karleski

1. Living In The Country
2. Loreta And Desiree's Bouquet-Part 1
3. Loreta And Desiree's Bouquet-Part 2
4. Fragrant Fields
5. The Garden
6. Spring Creek
7. Lullaby
8. Black Stallion
9. Hummingbird
10. Early Morning Range
11. Living Without You
12. Goodby Montana-Part 1
13. Corrina, Corrina
14. Goodbye Montana-Part 2
15. Where Are You Now

Today's work truck music...

512oW7qTjwL.jpg

Lennon Legend - The Very Best of John Lennon -- CD

John Lennon

1998 Capitol Records

Amazon.com

John Lennon's solo work has been anthologized so many times that it's hard to believe there wasn't a definitive compilation before this one. And, depending on your particular take, you might not find Lennon Legend quite hitting the mark. However, since it does contain the brilliantly scathing "Working Class Hero," doesn't ignore the woefully underrated Rock 'n' Roll album, and catches the hopeful renewal that came toward the end of his foreshortened life, it's probably about as close as anyone's going to come. His great songs shine, meditations like "Imagine" and his rockers had form and content, as in "Whatever Gets You Through the Night." He was an icon, and this does him justice. --Chris Nickson

All songs written and composed by John Lennon, except where noted.

"Imagine" – 3:02
"Instant Karma!" – 3:20
"Mother"1 – 3:53
"Jealous Guy" – 4:14
"Power to the People" – 3:17
"Cold Turkey" – 5:01
"Love" – 3:23
"Mind Games" – 4:11
"Whatever Gets You Thru the Night" – 3:19
"#9 Dream" – 4:46
"Stand By Me" (Ben E. King/Jerry Leiber/Mike Stoller) – 3:27
"(Just Like) Starting Over" – 3:55
"Woman" – 3:26
"Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)" – 4:00
"Watching the Wheels" – 3:31
"Nobody Told Me" – 3:33
"Borrowed Time" – 4:30
"Working Class Hero" – 3:49
"Happy Xmas (War Is Over)" (John Lennon/Yoko Ono) – 3:33
"Give Peace a Chance"2 – 4:52

1. U.S. single version, issued in December 1970, for the first time released on CD.
2. Originally credited to Lennon/McCartney, the credit was revised in the 1990s to cite only Lennon as its composer.

e925024128a0cb295f5dd010.L.jpg

Mr. Fantasy -- CD

Traffic

1968 Island Records

Amazon.com

In 1967, when still teenaged keyboardist Steve Winwood left the Spencer Davis Group (for whom he'd sung lead on hits like "Gimme Some Lovin'" and "I'm a Man") to start a new band with guitarist Dave Mason, few observers thought their idea of blending pop, rock, and jazz would work. Immediately, though, Traffic scored giant UK hits with Winwood's east-meets-west "Paper Sun" and Mason's acid-jazzy "Hole in My Shoe." Between those songs, the smoking-guitar driven title track, the swinging instrumental "Giving to You" and the haunting ballad, "No Face, No Name, No Number," Traffic's debut established both players as elite members of the new guard of late 60s British rock. --Billy Altman

"Heaven Is in Your Mind" (Jim Capaldi, Steve Winwood, Chris Wood) – 4:16
"Berkshire Poppies" (Capaldi, Winwood, Wood) – 2:55
"House for Everyone" (Dave Mason) – 2:05
"No Face, No Name, No Number" (Capaldi, Winwood) – 3:35
"Dear Mr. Fantasy" (Capaldi, Winwood, Wood) – 5:44
"Dealer" (Capaldi, Winwood) – 3:34
"Utterly Simple" (Mason) – 3:16
"Coloured Rain" (Capaldi, Winwood, Wood) – 2:43
"Hope I Never Find Me There" (Mason) – 2:12
"Giving to You" (Capaldi, Mason, Winwood, Wood) – 4:20 (album version)

04ff828fd7a0263f6302f010.L.jpg

Surrealistic Pillow -- CD

Jefferson Airplane

1967 RCA Records

Amazon.com

When she joined the Jefferson Airplane in 1966 as replacement for original vocalist Signe Anderson, Grace Slick brought with her two songs she'd performed in her previous band, the Great Society: "Somebody to Love" and "White Rabbit." Featured on this classic 1967 album, they became Top 10 hits, and helped establish both the San Francisco and the emerging counterculture they celebrated. With Jorma Kaukonen's sinewy guitar, Jack Casady's probing bass, and Spencer Dryden's inventive drumming swirling around Slick and co-vocalists Marty Balin and Paul Kantner on songs like "She Has Funny Cars" and "3/5 of a Mile in 10 Seconds," Surrealistic Pillow virtually defined the communal spirit of Summer of Love hippiedom. --Billy Altman

Side one

"She Has Funny Cars" (Jorma Kaukonen, Marty Balin) – 3:14
"Somebody to Love" (Darby Slick) – 3:00
"My Best Friend" (Skip Spence) – 3:04
"Today" (Balin, Paul Kantner) – 3:03
"Comin' Back to Me" (Balin) – 5:23

Side two

"3/5 of a Mile in 10 Seconds" (Balin) – 3:45
"D.C.B.A. -25" (Kantner) – 2:39
"How Do You Feel" (Tom Mastin) – 3:34
"Embryonic Journey" (Kaukonen) – 1:55
"White Rabbit" (Grace Slick) – 2:32
"Plastic Fantastic Lover" (Balin) – 2:39

f357024128a0470f575cd010.L.jpg

Shoot Out The Fantasy Factory -- CD

Traffic

1973 Island Records

Traffic Rolls Along, May 26, 2003
By Alan Caylow (USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER) (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Shoot Out at the Fantasy Factory (Audio CD)

Steve Winwood, Jim Capaldi, Chris Wood & the gang serve up another barnburning Traffic set with 1973's "Shoot Out At The Fantasy Factory." The title track is a phenomenal full-throttle rocker, one of Traffic's most powerful pieces. "Roll Right Stones" is a nearly 12-minute, laid-back jazz-popper, with great melodies & musicianship throughout. "Evening Blue" is a beautiful ballad, Chris Wood's "Tragic Magic" is a tasty, funky instrumental, and "(Sometimes I Feel So) Uninspired," despite the downbeat title, is actually a very uplifting tune, filled with great spirit & fine words of wisdom. Steve Winwood & company totally cook on this one: "Shoot Out At The Fantasy Factory" is another jazz/rock classic from Traffic.

All songs written by Steve Winwood and Jim Capaldi unless otherwise indicated.

"Shoot Out at the Fantasy Factory" – 6:05
"Roll Right Stones" – 13:40
"Evening Blue" – 5:19
"Tragic Magic" (Chris Wood) – 6:43
"(Sometimes I Feel So) Uninspired" – 7:31

51Oodm1VnXL._SS500_.jpg

Just One Night -- 2 CD Set

Eric Clapton

1980/1996 RSO/Polydor Records

Night Moves, July 27, 2001
By Thomas Magnum (NJ, USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER) (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Just One Night (Audio CD)

Eric Clapton periodically releases live albums and they show the reason why there are few guitarists that walk with him. Sometimes on his studio albums, one loses sight of his extraordinary skills, but he continues to amaze in concert. The passages he reels off in songs like "After Midnight", "Cocaine", "Double Trouble", "Setting Me Up", "Blues Power" and "Rambling On My Mind" are thick, meaty and full of passion and power. Mr. Clapton scored a minor hit with the rollicking live version of Tulsa Time and the album peaked at number two for six weeks.

Disc one

"Tulsa Time" (Danny Flowers) – 4:00
"Early in the Morning" (Traditional) – 7:11
"Lay Down Sally" (Clapton, Marcy Levy, George Terry) – 5:35
"Wonderful Tonight" (Clapton) – 4:42
"If I Don't Be There By Morning" (Bob Dylan, Helena Springs) – 4:26
"Worried Life Blues" (Big Maceo Merriweather) – 8:28
"All Our Past Times" (Clapton, Rick Danko) – 5:00
"After Midnight" (J.J. Cale) – 5:38

Disc two

"Double Trouble" (Otis Rush) – 8:17
"Setting Me Up" (Mark Knopfler) – 4:35
"Blues Power" (Clapton, Leon Russell) – 7:23
"Rambling On My Mind" (Robert Johnson/Traditional) – 8:48
"Cocaine" (J.J. Cale) – 7:39
"Further on Up the Road" (Joe Medwick, Don Robey) – 7:17

71qqZtfx2aL.jpg

Clapton -- CD

Eric Clapton

2010 Reprise Records

Editorial Reviews

Co-produced by guitarist and long-time collaborator Doyle Bramhall II, ‘Clapton’ features an all star cast of musical collaborations started with the legendary JJ Cale, drummer Jim Keltner, bassist Willie Weeks, and keyboardist Walt Richmond - and the sessions later added guests including Steve Winwood, Wynton Marsalis, Sheryl Crow, Allen Toussaint, and Derek Trucks. Clapton created a collection that touches on everything from century-old traditional brass bands to little-known country blues to brand-new originals. The result is both relaxed and revelatory, and unlike anything the guitarist has done in his legendary career.

‘This album wasn't what it was intended to be at all,’ says Eric Clapton. ‘It's actually better than it was meant to be because, in a way, I just let it happen. It's an eclectic collection of songs that weren't really on the map - and I like it so much because if it's a surprise to the fans, that's only because it's a surprise to me, as well.’

"Travelin' Alone" (Lil' Son Jackson) – 3:56
"Rocking Chair" (Hoagy Carmichael) – 4:04
"River Runs Deep" (JJ Cale) – 5:52
"Judgement Day" (Snooky Pryor) – 3:13
"How Deep Is the Ocean" (Irving Berlin) – 5:29
"My Very Good Friend the Milkman" (Lyrics:Johnny Burke, Music: Harold Spina) – 3:20
"Can't Hold Out Much Longer" (Walter Jacobs) – 4:08
"That's No Way to Get Along" (Robert Wilkins) – 6:07
"Everything Will Be Alright" (Cale) – 3:51
"Diamonds Made from Rain" (Doyle Bramhall II, Nikka Costa, Justin Stanley) – 4:22
"When Somebody Thinks You're Wonderful" (Harry M. Woods) – 2:51
"Hard Times Blues" (Lane Hardin) – 3:45
"Run Back to Your Side" (Bramhall, Eric Clapton) – 5:17
"Autumn Leaves" (Joseph Kosma, Johnny Mercer, Jacques Prévert) – 5:40

We interrupt our regularly scheduled program for something Amazon.com just dropped off.....

I've been waiting for this since the first time I heard her sing on "America's Got Talent". I caught the end of the show one night and this adorable 10 year old girl walks out and when she started to sing...... my jaw dropped to the floor. I could not believe the voice coming out of this little girl. :bow-blue:

I'm not a big (or little) fan of opera, but this may be my gateway to a new genre. She sings a variety of music here, so don't let the "opera" comment scare anyone. She is really something and we're going to here about her for years to come. :eusa-clap:

Now, on to my first play of Jackie's First Album..... :dance:

518A-GzdXbL._SS500_.jpg

Dream With Me -- CD

Jackie Evancho

Today SYCO/Columbia Records

Editorial Reviews

Produced by David Foster, Jackie Evancho’s Dream With Me fulfills the promise of O Holy Night, Jackie's major label debut, a seasonal collection which became 2010's #1 best-selling debut recording with sales exceeding 1 million units. Dream with Me features a repertoire of classical arias and pop classics handpicked to suit Jackie’s angelic voice. Her range is so great that she ably shifts from the Disney classic “When You Wish Upon A Star” to Puccini’s “Nessun Dorma.” Other highlights include two extraordinary superstar duets showcasing the young vocalist performing with music legend Barbra Streisand ("Somewhere" from West Side Story) and international phenomenon Susan Boyle ("A Mother’s Prayer") The album is produced by the legendary David Foster, a sixteen-time Grammy winner (including three Producer of the Year trophies) who has worked with Celine Dion, Josh Groban, Michael Bublé, Beyoncé, Prince, Barbra Streisand and many others. “I can say without a doubt that working with Jackie on Dream With Me was truly phenomenal. Her natural ability and the depth of her understanding of the musical process left me speechless. I think we have created a musical experience that will thrill audiences of every age. She was a pure joy to work with and I had a front row seat to one of the next great talents of our time,” said David Foster.

When You Wish Upon A Star
Nella Fantasia
A Mother's Prayer (featuring Susan Boyle)
Nessun Dorma
Angel
O Mio Babbino Caro
Somewhere (featuring Barbra Streisand)
All I Ask of You
Ombra Mai Fu
Lovers
Imaginer (Broken Vow)
The Lord's Prayer
To Believe
Dream With Me

Note: This 4 song CD and DVD was released last year, before Christmas...

613TE21MyRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Jackie Evancho is a 10-year-old soprano prodigy whose performances on "America's Got Talent" won the hearts of millions and brought her into the national spotlight.

Her new CD/DVD set, O Holy Night, features the Christmas favorites “O Holy Night” and “Silent Night” plus the beautiful classics “Pie Jesu” and “Panis Angelicus” – both of which Jackie performed on "America’s Got Talent."

The DVD features Jackie’s performances from "America’s Got Talent" including the audition tape that landed Jackie her spot on AGT. It also includes an interview with Jackie filmed the week following the show’s finale.

DVD Track Listing:
1. Panis Angelicus (Youtube Audition)
2. O Mio Babbino Caro
3. Time To Say Goodbye
4. Pie Jesu
5. Ave Maria
6. An Interview With Jackie

Back