• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

PaulyT said:
^--- you have it already? Dang, I preordered because it usually shows up early, but I still haven't gotten my copy <wah>
Did you buy yours from Amazon? If so, you should've had it this past Tuesday.

No, from Joe's site store, usually they ship preorders a week in advance...

Kid N Play - Funhouse
51VIn7uH-QL.jpg

0610614011127_zps07d2b863.jpg

Dem Bones -- CD

Carla Cook

2001 MaxJazz

Carla Cook's Dem Bones follows her critically acclaimed and commercially successful Maxjazz debut, It's All About Love. The Grammy-nominated artist taps into her diverse musical influences and presents a musical autobiography reflected in 11 songs. The precision of her multi-hued voice is accompanied by such great musicians as Cyrus Chestnut on piano; Fred Wesley, Craig Harris, and Tyrone Jefferson on trombones; James Genus on bass; and Billy Kilson on drums. Packed with straight-ahead jazz, the crowning glory on this CD is the approach she uses on the title cut, "Dem Bones." Tastefully arranged for three trombones (her voice being the fourth "bone") Cook's presentation adds a modern dimension to the use of the trombone -- both muted and open -- as an expressive "voice" in a jazz composition. Wesley, Craig, and Jefferson show just how expressive in a wonderfully improvised section that features them slurring and sliding on their "bones." Another great song is "For the Elders," a bebop piece that shines with Cyrus Chestnut's light piano stylings set against Cook's voice in tandem with the trombone. Craig Harris' solo is once again stellar and indicative of the remarkable versatility of this instrument in capable hands. Since Carla Cook has such a great voice (not only for jazz, but for R&B and gospel as well), along with excellent taste in song selection, Dem Bones should maintain her loyal following. With something for everyone, it represents her excellent jazz vocal techniques very well and rises to the occasion -- one that can be defined as a great hour of jazz. ~ Paula Edelstein

Track Listing
1. More I See You, The
2. Like a Lover
3. Oh Gee
4. Dem Bones
5. Just A-Sittin' and A-Rockin'
6. Ode to Billie Joe
7. Someone to Light up My Life
8. For the Elders
9. Come, Ye Disconsolate
10. Better Than Anything
11. Lover's Lullaby, A

Recorded at Avatar Studios, New York, New York on August 16 & 17, 2000. Includes liner notes by Mary Ellen Sullivan.Personnel: Carla Cook (vocals); Katsuhiko Naito (recorder); Craig Harris, Fred Wesley, Tyrone Jefferson (trombone); Cyrus Chestnut (piano, Fender Rhodes piano, organ); James Genus (acoustic bass, electric bass); Billy Kilson (drums); Jeff Haynes (percussion).Recording information: Avatar Studios, New York, NY (08/16/2000/08/17/2000)

No-L said:
Dennie said:
51QIBKBJXsL._SS500_.jpg

Live from Dizzy's Club Coca-Cola - A Celebration of Nina Simone -- CD

She's REAL purty! But this album seems like a real snooze fest!!

:text-imsorry:

Hi No-L,

No need to be sorry. I don't typically like "Broadway" singers, but the difference with Morgan James is she's got soul and you can hear it oozing out of her. She may not be for everyone (and who is) but I do enjoy this album and the band is top notch also.

Dennie

ff8b81b0c8a0e10bee2c8110.L.jpg

Porgy And Bess - Remastered CD

Miles Davis - Orchestra under the direction of Gil Evans

1959/1997 Columbia Legacy

Of all Gil Evans' orchestral scores for soulmate Miles Davis, PORGY AND BESS is his richest and most ambitious--a watershed of modern jazz harmony which served to secure Davis' pop star stature and define his brooding mystique. Inevitably, even non-jazz listeners own a copy of PORGY AND BESS or SKETCHES OF SPAIN.Like MILES AHEAD, Evans' band on PORGY AND BESS de-emphasized the traditional reed section in favor of a tuba, three French horns, two flutes and two saxophones. The resulting chords and overtones are dark, alluring and mysterious. Thus the opening brass-cymbal bluster of "The Buzzard Song" gives way to a mid-eastern carpet of flutes and deep brass as Davis' poignant trumpet speaks in split tones and yearning cadences, bursting with blues feeling; a tuba soon picks up the theme as muted trumpets are followed by tolling trombone/French horn chords.Each of the thirteen sections contrast lush instrumental details with intimate trumpet arias (which suggest the profound influence of Billie Holiday, particularly over the eerie textures of "I Loves You Porgy"). Evans' ability to orchestrate hypnotic call and response patterns with Davis, and his ability to layer multiple textures at contrasting tempos makes for several memorable moments: Philly Joe's dancing breaks and exchanges with Miles on "Gone," the church-like amens of "Gone, Gone, Gone," the counter-melodies on a lightly swinging "Summertime," Miles' sustained lyricism (and Evans' tart blue chordal rejoinders) on "Prayer," the brash after-hours swagger of "It Ain't Necessarily So," and the contrasting folkish themes of "Here Come De Honey Man." Timeless music.

Track Listing
1. Buzzard Song
2. Bess, You Is My Woman Now
3. Gone
4. Gone, Gone, Gone
5. Summertime
6. Bess, Oh Where's My Bess
7. Prayer (Oh Doctor Jesus)
8. Fishermen, Strawberry and Devil Crab
9. My Man's Gone Now
10. It Ain't Necessarily So
11. Here Come de Honey Man
12. I Loves You, Porgy
13. There's a Boat That's Leaving Soon For New York
14. I Loves You, Porgy - (take 1, second version)
15. Gone - (take 4)

4485225b9da04eac45051110.L.jpg

Sample This -- CD

Joe Sample

1997 Warner Bros. Records

Great jazz CD, May 31, 2004
By N. Frangie "noussa78" (Pennsylvania, USA) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: Sample This (Audio CD)

I first heard of Joe Sample when I listened to Soul Shadows, and I instantly loved it! There's lots of piano, my favorite instrument, and I'm a growing fan of jazz music. The tracks on this CD are light, classy and enjoyable. I'm Coming Back Again, Soul Shadows and Street Life are my favorites. Most of the CD contains instrumental tracks, and some, including the ones listed above, are sung by either Joe Sample or guest artists. Get this CD!!! It's great.

1. Rainbow Seeker II

2. I'm Coming Back Again
3. Carmel
4. Night Flight
5. Chain Reaction
6. Soul Shadows
7. In All My Wildest Dreams
8. Free As The Wind
9. Snowflake
10. It Happens Everyday
11. Street Life
12. Put It Where You Want It
13. Fly With Wings Of Love
14. Melodies Of Love
15. Shreveport Stomps

1dc4820dd7a0a3d2af99e010.L.jpg

Hourglass -- CD

James Taylor

1997 Sony Music

Amazon.com

The merchant of mellow's first studio album since New Moon Shine (1991), and you've gotta have a heart of naugahyde not to be touched by the simplicity and uncommon wisdom of these dozen tunes. "Little More Time with You" is a trademark Taylor single augmented by a Stevie Wonder harmonica line, "Ananas" is sly and lusty, while the expertly crafted "Line 'Em Up" features a fond recollection of Richard Nixon's "shifty little eyes." A-list guests like Sting, Shawn Colvin, Branford Marsalis, and Randy Brecker add to the charm. --Jeff Bateman

All songs by James Taylor unless otherwise noted.

"Line 'Em Up" – 4:42
"Enough to Be on Your Way" – 5:57
"Little More Time With You" – 3:51
"Gaia" – 5:30
"Ananas" – 5:42
"Jump Up Behind Me" – 3:28
"Another Day" – 2:21
"Up Er Mei" – 3:47
"Up From Your Life" – 5:15
"Yellow and Rose" – 4:54
"Boatman" (Livingston Taylor, M. Taylor) – 3:57
"Walkin' My Baby Back Home" (Fred E. Ahlert, Roy Turk) – 3:12
"Hangnail" (also known as "Money O Money") – 2:22 [hidden "bonus" track]

BillFrisellGoodDogHappyMan_zps323ea63d.jpg

Good Dog Happy Man -- CD

Bill Frisell

1999 Nonesuch Records

Bill Frisell is like a chef or an alchemist. He brings together the characteristics and properties of diverse players to make one unique amalgam. With GOOD DOG HAPPY MAN, Frisell seeks the common ground between such musicians as bluegrass bassist Viktor Krauss, erstwhile New York downtown jazzbo keyboardist Wayne Horvitz, blue country steel guitarist Greg Liesz, and journeyman rock drummer Jim Keltner. What these very different players have in common is the inability to fit into easily defined categories or molds. Similarly, Frisell's own musical voice draws from all corners of American tradition.GOOD DOG is an album steeped in locale. It exudes a sense of place. Frisell's compositions range from subtle groove frameworks ("Big Shoe") to fragile ballads ("Rain, Rain"). The lone cover, a traditional "Shenandoah," features guest guitarist Ry Cooder. This album falls beautifully between the earthiness of Frisell's NASHVILLE album and the spontaneous combustion of GONE, JUST LIKE A TRAIN.

Track Listing
1. Rain, Rain
2. Roscoe
3. Big Shoe
4. My Buffalo Girl
5. Shenandoah (for Johnny Smith)
6. Cadillac 1959
7. Pioneers, The
8. Cold Cold Ground
9. That Was Then
10. Monroe
11. Good Dog, Happy Man
12. Poem for Eva

Personnel: Bill Frisell (acoustic & electric guitars, loops, music box); Ry Cooder (electric & Ripley guitars); Greg Leisz (pedal steel, lap steel, National steel & Weissenborn guitars, mandolin, dobro); Wayne Horvitz (piano, organ, samples); Viktor Krauss (bass); Jim Keltner (drums, percussion).Recorded at O'Henry Sound Studios, Burbank, California

Zing said:
Jerry-Douglas-Traveler.jpg

^ That's a great album, Dennie. I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have.

Opps! Completely missed your comment Zing. Yes, I really enjoy this album and It's nice to hear Jerry stretching outside of the bluegrass genre.

I've recommend this album to a couple of friends who are enjoying it too. Thanks for the recommendation!

Dennie :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

51h-T0J9cjL._SS500_.jpg

The In Crowd -- Remastered CD

The Ramsey Lewis Trio

1965/2007 ARGO Records

Amazon.com

Soul-jazz pioneer Ramsey Lewis's 1965 hit "The In Crowd" made the pianist a crossover smash, connecting with the pop, rock, and jazz crowds simultaneously. His simple, bluesy, swinging style is infectious and immediately accessible. One of the key aspects of THE IN CROWD is its party atmosphere--you get a real feel for the interaction between Lewis and the live audience, and you can hear him humming along with the piano and bass lines.While some jazz purists of the day condemned Lewis for what they saw as pandering to the masses with his instrumental versions of pop songs and his preference for blues-based modality over complex bebop-derived harmonies, time has shown the wiser. Today, THE IN CROWD sounds like an extension of the hard-bop era's no-frills, groove-oriented aesthetic, not to mention a foreshadowing of what would emerge decades down the road as acid jazz.

Track Listing
1. "In" Crowd, The
2. Since I Fell For You
3. Tennessee Waltz
4. You Been Talkin' 'Bout Me Baby
5. Theme From Spartacus
6. Felicidade (Happiness)
7. Come Sunday - (previously unreleased, CD only)

Ramsey Lewis Trio: Ramsey Lewis (piano); Eldee Young (bass, cello); Red Holt (drums).Recorded live at the Bohemian Caverns, Washington, D.C. on May 13-15, 1965. Originally released on Argo (757). Includes liner notes by Al Clarke and Barry Alfonso.Digitally remastered by Doug Schwartz, MCA Studios, North Hollywood.

cf54820dd7a0d7294b09f010.L.jpg

Groovin' -- CD

BWB

2002 Warner Bros. Records

Amazon.com

This concept sounds like the set-up for a joke: What do you get when you cross three smooth-jazzers with topnotch straight-ahead players? Turns out Norman Brown, Kirk Whalum, and Rick Braun have the last laugh and a *** good time. While they may be three of the most distinct stylists in smooth jazz, they had to turn up the pots to cook with bassist Christian McBride and drummer Gregory Hutchinson. Keyboardist Ricky Peterson, maybe the funkiest organist in contemporary jazz outside of Larry Goldings, plays a producing role and is probably the MVP of BWB. The players aren't the only stars. The impeccable choice of 10 well-known cover tunes adds to an unapologetically fun record that allows B, W, and B to stretch out much more than they do on other recordings. Braun quotes Freddie Hubbard on "Povo," while Whalum explores Cannonball Adderley on "Mercy, Mercy, Mercy," and Brown pays back Wes Montgomery throughout the proceedings. From the sexually charged "Let's Do It Again," featuring a purring Dee Dee Bridgewater and a scatting Brown, to the inspired arrangements of Alicia Keys's "A Woman's Worth" and D'Angelo's "Brown Sugar," there are no holes in any of these grooves. --Mark Ruffin

Track Listing
1. Groovin'
2. Brown Sugar
3. Ruby Baby
4. Woman's Worth, A
5. Hip Hug Her
6. Mercy Mercy Mercy
7. Let's Do It Again - (featuring Dee Dee Bridgewater)
8. It's Your Thing
9. Povo
10. Up for the Down Stroke
BWB stands for the first initials in the last names of Rick Braun, Kirk Whalum, and Norman Brown.

BWB: Kirk Whalum (soprano & tenor saxophones); Rick Braun (trumpet); Norman Brown (guitar).
Additional personnel includes: Dee Dee Bridgewater (vocals); Michael Campbell (guitar); Ricky Peterson (Fender Rhodes, Hammond B-3 organ, keyboards); Christian McBride (bass); Gregory Hutchinson (drums); Bashiri Johnson (percussion).

MilesDavisOnTheCorner_zps98871242.jpg

On The Corner -- Remastered CD

Miles Davis

1972/2000 Columbia Legacy

ON THE CORNER enjoys a special cult status among musicians, anticipating as it does the punk funk/acid jazz movements. For Miles Davis, ON THE CORNER was another seismic shift. Miles was particularly fond of the lyric sweep of Hendrixian electric guitar, the James Brown-like rhythmic thump of Fender bass, and the bell-like timbre and chordal possibilities of the Fender/Rhodes electric piano. Now the trumpeter sought to incorporate the feel of street rhythms from around the world and to reflect the influence of modern electronic composers such as Karlheinz Stockhausen.So while ON THE CORNER is generously populated with top-flight jazz players, Davis was zeroing in on a contemporary approach not beholden to jazz players of jazz rhythmic postures--although group improvisation is still very much the order of the day. In paving the way for his Afro-psychedelic working bands of the mid-70's, Davis was roundly dissed, but ON THE CORNER endures brilliantly--the dark lady of Miles' musical sonnets.The album is a furious carnival of rhythm. The first section is dominated by an Afro-Cuban groove, the eerie distortion of Miles' wah-wah trumpet, John McLaughlin's nasty electric leads and a swelter of rhythms--every instrument seemingly transformed into a drum. The second section beginning with "Black Satin" is driven along by a commanding Michael Henderson bass line, a celestial drone of Indian bells, sitars, tablas, congas and handclaps, some skanky Herbie Hancock keyboards, and a skittering Davis solo.

Track Listing
1. On The Corner / New York Girl / Thinkin' Of One Thing And Doin' Another / Vote For Miles
2. Black Satin
3. One and One
4. Helen Butte / Mr. Freedom X

Personnel: Miles Davis (trumpet); Reggie Lucas, David Kreamen, John McLaughlin, David Creamer (guitar); Collin Walcott (sitar, electric sitar); Khalil Balakrishna (electric sitar); Bennie Maupin (bass clarinet); Teo Macero (saxophone); David Liebman, Carlos Garnett (soprano saxophone, tenor saxophone); Herbie Hancock (Fender Rhodes piano, keyboards, synthesizer); Chick Corea (Fender Rhodes piano, keyboards); Cedric Lawson (organ); Harold "Ivory" Williams (keyboards); Michael Henderson (bass guitar); Don Alias, William Hart (drums, percussion); Jack DeJohnette, Al Foster, Billy Hart (drums); Badal Roy (tabla); James "Mtume" Forman, James Mtume (percussion).Liner Note Authors: David Liebman; John McLaughlin; Bill Milkowski; Bob Belden.

fd02024128a05784331af010.L.jpg

The Definitive Collection -- Remastered CD

Louis Armstrong

2006 Hip-O/Verve Records

This extensive compilation of vocal tracks from the latter part of Louis Armstrong's career features many of his most popular performances, including the 1960s hits "Hello Dolly" and "What a Wonderful World," and his wonderfully relaxed duet with Bing Crosby on "Gone Fishin'." However, even on these more commercially slanted songs, the trumpeter's legendary musical skill is apparent--his soaring solo on "Dolly" effortlessly cruises the instrument's upper registers, and his vocal interpretation of "Mack the Knife" is a masterpiece of jazz singing.

Track Listing
1. What a Wonderful World
2. Cabaret
3. Dream a Little Dream of Me
4. Hello, Dolly!
5. Our Love Is Here to Stay
6. I Gotta Right to Sing the Blues
7. Georgia on My Mind
8. When You're Smiling (The Whole World Smiles With You)
9. On the Sunny Side of the Street
10. Mack the Knife
11. When It's Sleepy Time Down South
12. Basin Street Blues
13. Someday (You'll Be Sorry)
14. It Takes Two to Tango
15. Gone Fishin'
16. Kiss to Build a Dream On, A
17. That Lucky Old Sun (Just Rolls Around Heaven All Day)
18. Blueberry Hill
19. Do You Know What It Means to Miss New Orleans?
20. I Want a Little Girl
21. Ain't Misbehavin'
22. Struttin' With Some Barbeque
23. When the Saints Go Marching In

613rtNnaBzL.jpg

Diane Schuur & The Count Basie Orchestra -- CD

1987 GRP Records

A great vocalist matched with a great jazz orchestra April 18, 2002
By Bruce Hodges
Format:Audio CD

This was one of Diane Schuur's first recordings and is still one of my favorites. It displays the phenomenal agility of her voice in ways that some of her subsequent recordings have not. She has a powerful, brassy instrument - so much so that some of my friends don't care for her, saying she sounds like she's screaming. (I disagree. If this is screaming, then please get right up close to my ear and do so.)

My favorite track is, without a doubt, "You Can Have It," a feverishly catchy tune written for Ms. Schuur, presumably to show off what she can do. It certainly succeeds. By the end of the song both she and the band are in jazz heaven, with Schuur scat-singing effortlessly, and then pulling out all the stops as her astonishing voice climbs a series of ascending scales. The arrangement, like all the others on the disc, is as classy a big-band sound as you will find anywhere. Other highlights are "I Just Found Out About Love" with its brassy syncopations, and a gorgeous rendition of Gershwin's "I Loves You, Porgy" that again, shows off her spectacular range and crystal-clear tone.

The program is an engaging mix of upbeat and ballads; just when you think you're exhausted by all the virtuosity, a quietly smoky number like "Only You" calms things down somewhat (but only somewhat). The energy level overall is very high, with Ms. Schuur and these incredible musicians all in top form, led by the magnificent Frank Foster. The disc was recorded live which only adds to the excitement.

Since this disc came out in 1987, Ms. Schuur has continued to produce some outstanding work, such as her stunning recent release with Maynard Ferguson. This recording, however, is a classic and cannot be recommended highly enough.

Track Listing
1. Deedles' Blues
2. Caught a Touch of Your Love
3. Travelin' Light
4. I Just Found out About Love
5. Travelin' Blues
6. I Loves You, Porgy
7. You Can Have It
8. Only You
9. Everyday
10. We'll Be Together Again
11. Until I Met You
12. Climbing Higher Mountains

The Count Basie Orchestra: Frank Foster (leader, tenor saxophone); Danny House, Danny Turner (alto saxophone); Eric Dixon, Kenny Hing (tenor saxophone); John Williams (baritone saxophone), Sonny Cohn, Melton Mustafa, Bob Ojeda, Byron Stripling (trumpet); Clarence Banks, Bill Hughes, Melvin Wanzo, Dennis Wilson (trombone); Donald T. Carson (piano); Freddie Green (guitar); Lynn Seaton (bass); Dennis Mackrel (drums).Directed by Stanley Dorfman.

dd1b228348a0e7b1d50fc010.L.jpg

The Wall -- 2 CD (chubby box) Set

Pink Floyd

1979 Pink Floyd Music/Columbia

Amazon.com essential recording

The Wall is less a collection of songs than a single work, which is sometimes frustrating; the plot lacks enough coherence to hold the snippets of music together. However, there are occasional flashes of brilliance on what arguably ranks as Pink Floyd's most ambitious project. Most of these come from the fully developed songs, which have become classics in their own right; "Hey You," "Mother," and especially "Comfortably Numb" are subtly incredible pieces of music. Though complex, they move at a relaxed pace, allowing the listener to absorb them slowly; this kind of pacing was something Pink Floyd excelled at. Also worth noting is the "Another Brick in the Wall/The Happiest Days of Our Lives" medley, which has become a staple of rock radio. --Genevieve Williams

All songs written and composed by Roger Waters, except where noted.

Side one
No. Title Music Lead vocals Length
1. "In the Flesh?" Waters 3:19
2. "The Thin Ice" Gilmour, Waters 2:27
3. "Another Brick in the Wall Part 1" Waters 3:21
4. "The Happiest Days of Our Lives" Waters 1:46
5. "Another Brick in the Wall Part 2" Gilmour, Waters 4:00
6. "Mother" Waters, Gilmour 5:36
Side two
1. "Goodbye Blue Sky" Gilmour 2:45
2. "Empty Spaces" Waters 2:10
3. "Young Lust" Waters, Gilmour Gilmour 3:25
4. "One of My Turns" Waters 3:35
5. "Don't Leave Me Now" Waters 4:16
6. "Another Brick in the Wall Part 3" Waters 1:14
7. "Goodbye Cruel World" Waters 1:13
Side three
1. "Hey You" Gilmour, Waters 4:40
2. "Is There Anybody Out There?" Waters 2:44
3. "Nobody Home" Waters 3:26
4. "Vera" Waters 1:35
5. "Bring the Boys Back Home" Waters 1:21
6. "Comfortably Numb" Gilmour, Waters Waters, Gilmour 6:24
Side four
1. "The Show Must Go On" Gilmour 1:36
2. "In the Flesh" Waters 4:13
3. "Run Like Hell" Gilmour, Waters Gilmour, Waters 4:19
4. "Waiting for the Worms" Waters, Gilmour 4:04
5. "Stop" Waters 0:30
6. "The Trial" Waters, Ezrin Waters 5:13
7. "Outside the Wall" Waters 1:41

WorkPictures077.jpg

Live at the Village Vanguard -- Mini Lp CD

Gerry Mulligan and the Concert Jazz Band

1960/2002 Verve Stereo

This is incredible, January 21, 2006
By Pharoah S. Wail (Inner Space) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER) (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: At the Village Vanguard (Spec Packaging) (Audio CD)

I bought this sometime in 2005, loved it, but decided not to review it because right on the sleeve (it's a cardboard package with the cd slipped inside a fuzzy little envelope like the Sam Rivers - Crystals package, not a jewel case) it says it's a limited release that goes out-of-print in september of 2005. I just figured there's no point in reviewing it since the review would effectively die in several months. Now here we are in 2006 and it's still available.

The band is Gerry Mulligan on baritone sax and piano. Mel Lewis drums. Bill Crow bass. Nick Travis, Clark Terry, Don Ferrara trumpets. Bob Brookmeyer, Willie Dennis, Alan Ralph trombones. Gene Quill clarinet and alto saxophone. Bob Donovan alto. Jim Reider tenor saxophone. Gene Allen baritone saxophone and bass clarinet.

Who knows how much longer this will be around. If you think you might want it, GET IT. This band is amazing and the sound of the recording is fantastic! I like the couple slower tunes too, quite lovely interpretations of these tunes, but the uptempo stuff is the heart and soul of this album. There's not a single note I'd want to change here and the intensity is really something to behold. This band swings ruthlessly and the soloing is impeccable.

Even if you're not what you'd call a "big-band person", don't let that stop you. Glenn Miller this is not! Then again if you have high blood-pressure or arthritis you may want to take your medicine before popping this into the player because your heart-rate will rise and you're going to be moving. This is one of my favorite cds I bought in all of 2005 and from my first listen last year to my most recent listen yesterday, I've been in envy of everyone who ever attended a concert by this band on one of their good nights. I assume this was a phenomenal night because this thing knocks me out from the first track to the last, but if they were even better than this, and if that stuff was recorded, then please some label, any label, release or re-release all those albums because my soul and wallet are waiting.

Side One:

1. Blueport
2. Body and Soul
3. Black Nightgown

Side Two:

4. Come Rain or Come Shine
5. Lady Chatterley's Mother
6. Let My People Be

Back