• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

Zing & Babs are listening to...
Seal+-+Seal+Best+1991-2004+-+DVD+Audio-369350.jpg

No more fireplace ambiance, just sweet vibes from Seal!!!

b381224b9da0a2339705c010.L.jpg

Surprise -- CD

Paul Simon

2006 Reprise Records

Amazon.com

Since severing his epochal partnership with Art Garfunkel, Paul Simon's solo career been characterized by restless reinvention. But while it's easy to see such disparate, cross-cultural collaborations as Graceland and Rhythm of the Saints as Simon's quest for new creative partnerships, beneath them lies a more crucial willingness to continually challenge the very assumptions and craft of his own songwriting. Six years after his sublime, underappreciated You're the One Simon has pushed that sensibility into a rewarding, if equally unlikely, partnership with Brian Eno. Yet the former Roxy Music texturalist cum contemporary producer/sound conjurer supreme (aided by such stellar sidemen as Bill Frisell, Herbie Hancock and Steve Gadd) offers barely half the "surprises" here.

The playful "Sure Don't Feel Like Love" argues Simon can still beckon his more traditional pop muse at will. Yet some of his best work here turns as much on hypnotic, if no less politically pointed, quasi-spoken word pieces (like "Wartime Prayers" and the gripping, post 9/11 rumination "How Can You Live in the Northeast?") as traditional songcraft. Eno is credited with providing "Sonic Landscape" to Simon's production, but also co-wrote three tracks, infusing "Another Galaxy" with contrasting doses of bracing energy and ethereal elegance, while seasoning the more traditional folk musings of "Once Upon a Time There Was An Ocean" with infectious electro-funk rhythms. "Outrageous," their best full collaboration, suggests that while Eno and Simon may approach world music - and indeed most pop forms - from polar extremes, the common ground they find is truly elevated. In an era when many of his peers are content to craft mere artistic comebacks, Simon's re-emergence here is a bold, compelling step forward. --Jerry McCulley

1. "How Can You Live in the Northeast" Paul Simon 3:42
2. "Everything About It Is a Love Song" Simon 3:57
3. "Outrageous" Simon, Brian Eno 3:24
4. "Sure Don't Feel like Love" Simon 3:57
5. "Wartime Prayers" Simon 4:49
6. "Beautiful" Simon 3:07
7. "I Don't Believe" Simon 4:09
8. "Another Galaxy" Simon, Eno 5:22
9. "Once Upon a Time There Was an Ocean" Simon, Eno 3:55
10. "That's Me" Simon 4:43
11. "Father and Daughter" Simon 4:11

Leaving for Medford Oregon and listening to....

61mSUN8ll9L.jpg

At The Movies - Soundtrack Hits -- CD

Van Morrison

2007 Manhattan Records

Best Single Disc Van Morrison Collection Available!, February 16, 2007
By Anthony Accordino (Massapequa Park, New York United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE) (REAL NAME)
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Van Morrison At The Movies: Soundtrack Hits (Audio CD)

If you are in the market to own just one Van Morrison CD collection, Van Morrison "At The Movies", is the disc for you. This cd combines 19 tracks from all phases of his long distinguished career. The Irish soul man has never sounded better with remastered clarity, that makes this the choice over "Greatest Hits Vol-1 & Vol-2. This cd actually combines the best of those two collections and more. His classic gems from the "Them" days "Gloria", and "Baby Please Don't Go", are included here as well. His reworking of "Brown Eyed Girl", proves he has not lost anything from those vocal chords. His live take on "Caravan" from the "Last Waltz", is one of the finest live recordings ever. Lots of modern gems here as well, like 'Days Like This", "Real Real Gone", and the "Bright Side Of The Road". The real treat on this collection however, is the inclusion of his collaboration with Pink Floyds Roger Waters, on "Comfotably Numb", which was recorded live in Berlin in 1986 and features Rick Danko and Levon Helm. Some outstanding ballads are here as well like, "Someone Like You", "Have I Told You Lately", "Wonderful Remark", and "Hungry For Your Love". Considering the price and the fantastic content of this cd, I consider this cd essential to everyone who is both new to Van Morrison music and to well seasoned fans who would like to add a career retrospective not available until now. It doesn't get any better than this.

"Gloria" (performed by Them) (from The Outsiders)
"Baby, Please Don't Go" (performed by Them) (from Wild at Heart)
"Jackie Wilson Said (I'm in Heaven When You Smile)" (from The Pope of Greenwich Village and Queens Logic)
"Domino (Live) (from Clean and Sober)
"Moondance (Live) (from An American Werewolf in London) (previously unreleased version)
"Queen of the Slipstream" (from Extreme Close-Up)
"Wild Night" (from Twenty Four Seven)
"Caravan" (Live with The Band - from The Last Waltz, 1976)
"Wonderful Remark" (from The King of Comedy)
"Brown Eyed Girl" (from Born on the 4 July) (previously unreleased version)
"Days Like This" (from As Good as It Gets)
"Into the Mystic" (Live) (from Patch Adams)
"Hungry for Your Love" (from An Officer and a Gentleman)
"Someone Like You" (from French Kiss and Bridget Jones's Diary)
"Bright Side of the Road" (from Fever Pitch and Michael)
"Have I Told You Lately" (from One Fine Day)
"Real Real Gone" (from Donovan Quick)
"Irish Heartbeat" (with the Chieftains) (from The Matchmaker)
"Comfortably Numb" (Live with Roger Waters, The Band & The Rundfunk Orchestra & Choir - from The Wall Concert in Berlin, 1990) (from The Departed)

Track 5: Van Morrison vocal overdub 2006, original recording 1986.

Botch said:
Babs said:
Zing & Babs are listening to...
Seal+-+Seal+Best+1991-2004+-+DVD+Audio-369350.jpg

Wow, didn't know any Surround Seal was available, off to Amazon. Thanks Babs! :text-thankyoublue:

You are sooooo welcome!!!! For a long time, I just wasn't a Seal fan. Then, one day we were having a music marathon in the HT & he just came to life for me. He undertook a certain sex appeal & I truly started appreciating his talent! He is also in 'David Foster & Friends Hit Man Returns'. I would HIGHLY recommend this as well! He does a duet with Michael Bolton. Awesome!! :music-rockout:

Ya just gotta luv Amazon too!!!! I purchased a Prime account this past year! Total junkie am I!!!

Seal's first hit was "Crazy", and that song stuck in my head like glue but I couldn't find out, for the life of me, who did it. I finally saw him on some awards show, and grabbed the album the next day.
He has probably my favorite "male rock" voice ever. I have all his albums ('cept the above) but I'm not too thrilled with the last couple; not because of his singing, but its just songs I'm really tired of anymore.

^Just had to listen/watch Hit Man Returns this evening!

Seal, Ruben Studdard, Donna Summer/RIP...all sooo awesome!!!!!

Happy Sunday from Medford, Oregon... :eusa-clap:

Great music via Amazon's Cloud player.....

513sV1qIiAL._SS500_.jpg

Light My Fire -- CD

Eliane Elias

2011 Concord Picante Records

Editorial Reviews

Since the mid-1980s, pianist/vocalist Eliane Elias has grafted various elements of jazz, pop, soul and other styles to her deep Brazilian roots to create a hybrid groove that exists comfortably on any hemisphere. Borrowing from an array of sources and singing in a variety of languages, Elias consistently forges a sound that appeals to listeners of every geographic locale and cultural persuasion. Her new album, Light My Fire - wields this universal sound to explore the various corners of the human heart - from romance and passion to the shared joy of being alive and embracing everyone into the dance of life. Along with four compositions written or co-written by Elias herself, the album also includes covers of familiar works by songwriters as diverse as Jim Morrison and the Doors, pop icon Stevie Wonder and jazz saxophonist Paul Desmond. Elias weaves it all together into a cohesive whole by injecting each of the twelve songs with distinctly Brazilian grooves that alternate effortlessly between the fiery and passionate to the cool and sophisticated.

"Some of the tunes are cool and laid back, but others are quite rhythmic and joyful," says Elias. "And they have some different grooves. I tend to gravitate toward romance - beautiful melodies, beautiful harmonies and rhythms with a great feel. But more than anything else, I'm singing about love on this record in its different aspects and dimensions. I've made more than 20 records in my career. I'm proud of all of them, but I'm especially excited about this one. It feels like it has a life and an energy all its own. With very few exceptions, nearly all of the songs were first takes. Everybody in the studio was so focused, and it was such a fun record to make. The music was really flowing, and we all felt very relaxed. From the very first day, not a note was wasted by anyone. It was an amazing experience."

Backing Elias on Light My Fire is a crew of twelve high-caliber players, including special guests guitarist/vocalist Gilberto Gil and trumpeter Randy Brecker. The rhythm section - which has accompanied Elias on several of her most recent recordings - includes guitarist Oscar Castro-Neves, bassist Marc Johnson and drummer Paulo Braga. Also on hand to sing with Elias and Gil on "Toda Menina Baiana" is Elias' daughter, singer-songwriter Amanda Brecker. New to Elias' team is percussionist Marivaldo dos Santos, drummer Rafael Barata, guitarists Romero Lubambo and Ross Traut, and flutist Lawrence Feldman.

Tracklist:

01 – Rosa Morena
02 – Stay Cool
03 – Aquele Abraco
04 – Light My Fire
05 – Isto Aqui O Que E (Silver Sandal)
06 – My Cherie Amour
07 – Toda Menina Baiana
08 – Bananeira
09 – Made In Moonlight
10 – Turn To Me (Samba Maracatu)
11 – Take Five
12 – What About The Heart (Bate Bate)

robertrandolphalbum.jpg

Sound & Vision gave these guys a pretty good review, and since I used to play pedal steel I gave it a chance.
The really cool thing about pedal steel is the way it can bend chords into each other, some notes going up while some go down, or stay the same. This guy doesn't play like that at all, his sound is almost indistinguishable from a good slide guitar player.
Nonetheless, these guys smoke! There are guest spots by Carlos Santana and Trombone Shorty. This would be the ultimate bar/party band, would love to see them live!

Here's a live version of a tune that really cooks on the CD:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTR_2kT816A[/youtube]

:music-rockout:

Charlie-Wilson-Love-Charlie-Album-Art-Front.jpg

I listened to this twice while I was prepping dinner earlier! This man kicks it! My faves were the first two tracks!!!! :eusa-clap: overall!!!!

Back in Sacramento, Happy Monday everyone.... :banana-dance:

517042.jpg

At Last -- SACD

The Gene Harris/Scott Hamilton Quintet with Herb Ellis, Ray Brown & Harold Jones

1990/2004 Concord Jazz

If anyone ever asks you what jazz is, words won’t do. Just play this music. The pulse, the flowing time that is the nurturing essence of jazz is distilled by Gene Harris, Herb Ellis, Harold Jones, and Ray Brown as they shape rhythm waves on which Scott Hamilton’s tenor glides, dives, and soars. And Gene Harris, when he solos, also rides the tides of the past as well as the powerful presence of the moment. Each of the players has a full, open, personal sound—and each always has sound in mind...It is being heralded as a lost art that has been rediscovered. But the guys on this date have never lost that art.”—Nat Hentoff (From the original 1990 liner notes)

Track listing

1. You Are My Sunshine
2. It Never Entered My Mind
3. After You've Gone
4. Lamp Is Low, The
5. At Last
6. Blues for Gene
7. I Fall in Love Too Easily
8. Some of These Days
9. Stairway to the Stars
10. Sittin' in the Sandtrap

Gene Harris (piano); Scott Hamilton (tenor saxophone); Herb Ellis (guitar); Ray Brown (double bass); Harold Jones (drums).

516F4b8SlKL._SS500_.jpg

Ballads -- Remastered CD

The John Coltrane Quartet

1962/2007 Impulse/Verve Records

Music To My Ears. . .And For Your Ears, Too, March 14, 2009
By Rebecca*rhapsodyinblue* (CA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Ballads (Reis) (Rstr) (Dig) (Audio CD)

"I think the main thing a musician would like to do is to give a picture to the listeners of the many wonderful things he knows of and senses in the universe." ~ John Coltrane (1926-1967) ~

Gene Lees wrote on Liner Notes that John Coltrane had on occasion expressed puzzlement over such descriptions of himself as "best of the angry tenors." He once said: "I guess they say that because I play the horn hard." And if I may add, he played with love and dedication that shows in every note, his interpretations radiate simple elegance and respect to the material.

"Ballads" is a collection of eight striking tunes recorded in 1961 and 1962 by John Coltrane Quartet featuring himself on tenor sax, McCoy Tyner on piano, Jimmy Garrison on bass and Elvin Jones on drums, with the special participation of a guest musician, bassist Reggie Workman on "It's Easy To Remember," one of my absolute favorite tunes from one of my favorite composers of all-time, Richard Rodgers.

The quartet's musicianship is unrivaled. They play with utmost confidence making sure that all the tunes are precisely executed starting off with my top choice from this set, a Jimmy McHugh classic standard with a beautiful melody that is deeply felt, "Say It (Over and Over Again)" down to the perfect ender, "Nancy (With The Laughing Face)." Every tune is an exquisite musical moment where Trane shows off his virtuosity, subtlety and finesse in his playing.

This collection represents some of the sweetest sounds in jazz that music lovers will find irresistibly charming ... tunes that are soothing and easy on the ears. Don't miss out on this CD. It's one of "the angry tenor's" best recordings. It is so beautiful that you can even classify it as a Desert Island CD without having second thoughts.

With my heartfelt recommendation for your listening pleasure now and forever.

P.S. For more irresistibly beautiful music, please check these out - My Favorite Things, The Gentle Side of John Coltrane, A Love Supreme and John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman.

"Say It (Over and Over Again)" (Jimmy McHugh) — 4:18
Frank Loesser wrote lyrics for this song, but this recording is instrumental.
"You Don't Know What Love Is" (Gene DePaul) — 5:15
Don Raye wrote lyrics for this song, but this recording is instrumental.
"Too Young to Go Steady" (Jimmy McHugh) — 4:23
Harold Adamson wrote lyrics for this song, but this recording is instrumental.
"All or Nothing at All" (Arthur Altman) — 3:39
Jack Lawrence wrote lyrics for this song, but this recording is instrumental.
"I Wish I Knew" (Harry Warren) — 4:54
Mack Gordon wrote lyrics for this song, but this recording is instrumental.
"What's New?" (Bob Haggart) — 3:47
Johnny Burke wrote lyrics for this song, but this recording is instrumental.
"It's Easy to Remember" (Richard Rodgers) — 2:49
Lorenz Hart wrote lyrics for this song, but this recording is instrumental.
"Nancy (With the Laughing Face)" (Jimmy Van Heusen) — 3:10
Phil Silvers wrote lyrics for this song, but this recording is instrumental.

-------

John Coltrane - tenor saxophone/soprano saxophone
McCoy Tyner - piano
Jimmy Garrison - bass
Elvin Jones - drums

41j76-V2nvL._SS500_.jpg

John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman -- Remastered CD

1963/1995 Impulse/GRP Records

From his formative days with Miles Davis and Thelonious Monk, through the expansive revelations of his Prestige, Atlantic and Impulse! recordings, John Coltrane revealed many facets of beauty--some full of turbulence, others bathed in serenity. JOHN COLTRANE AND JOHNNY HARTMAN is probably the saxophonist's most graceful, accessible recording in a discography awash in spiritual radiance.When this album was recorded in March of 1963, Coltrane was completing a series of recordings designed to highlight his lyric strengths and the subtle accompaniment skills of his quartet. When the concept of singer was raised, Coltrane reached out to Hartman because the saxophonist considered the crooner's soothing, elegant baritone to be a musical parallel to his own singing sound.The spiritual aura and artistic empathy they achieve on JOHN COLTRANE AND JOHNNY HARTMAN is simply transcendent. Their version of "My One And Only Love" is among the most mesmerizing performances in the history of jazz, as Coltrane's majestic tenor and Garrison's syncopated bass anticipate Hartman's entrance, with his luminous timbre, poetic articulation and hear-a-pin-drop phrasing. Hartman and Tyner turn the opening verse of Strayhorn's "Lush Life" into a theatrical event, setting a bittersweet tone for the ambivalence of the main theme, while their interplay on "You Are Too Beautiful" is tenderness personified. And when the saxophonist finally sidesteps the melody to vigorously expand upon the harmonic and rhythmic implications of the changes to "Autumn Serenade," one realizes that for John Coltrane, beauty was the sum total of his very existence.

Track Listing
1. They Say It's Wonderful
2. Dedicated To You
3. My One And Only
4. Lush Life
5. You Are Too Beautiful
6. Autumn Serenade

.Personnel: John Coltrane (tenor saxophone); Johnny Hartman (vocals); McCoy Tyner (piano); Jimmy Garrison (bass); Elvin Jones (drums).Recorded at the Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey on March 7, 1963.

517FGq2tSKL._SS500_.jpg

Tigerlily -- DVD-A

Natalie Merchant

2000 Elektra Entertainment

Like hearing it for the first time, December 21, 2000
By Sean Harding (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE) (REAL NAME)
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Natalie Merchant - Tigerlily (DVD-Audio) (DVD Audio)

When Natalie Merchant announced her departure from 10,000 Maniacs, there was much speculation about whether or not she would be able to match the quality of the Maniacs songs in a solo career. On my first listen through the Tigerlily CD in the summer of 1995, I knew for sure that Natalie had come through. Tigerlily was an amazing album. When I popped the DVD-Audio disc in my player and began listening, it was like the first time all over again. It's the same beautiful music and the same incredible songwriting, but the sound is exceptional.

The surround mix adds a quality to the music that can't easily be described in words, and the depth of the sound easily outpaces that of the CD. I found myself noticing subtle elements to each song that I had never heard before. Each instrument stands on its own, with much better seperation than exists in the stereo mix on the CD. Just to be sure I wasn't hallucinating, I listened to a track from the CD and then immediately listened to the DVD version. No contest. This is no minor difference. It's amazing.

As previous reviews have noted, you need a DVD-Audio player to take full advantage of the disc. The disc does contain Dolby Digital tracks, so it will play on a regular DVD player, but you won't be getting the best possible sound from it. This is not a video DVD, so don't expect movies, music videos or anything else. Buy this disc for the music, not for extras.

San Andreas Fault – 3:57
Wonder – 4:26
Beloved Wife – 5:03
River – 5:32
Carnival – 5:59
I May Know the Word – 8:07
The Letter – 2:12
Cowboy Romance – 4:39
Jealousy – 2:41
Where I Go – 3:59
Seven Years – 5:31

d50c810ae7a0342f8c6d9110.L.jpg

Medusa -- CD

Annie Lennox

1995 Arista Records

Amazon.com essential recording

Post-Beatles, the virtues of deft song interpretation have been consistently devalued in favor of self-contained composer-performers, seldom more so than in the initial response to this sequel to Annie Lennox's triumphant solo debut, Diva. That album's gripping originals deserve acclaim, but the lush Scottish alto remains one of the most riveting pop singers of the past two decades, and this smartly chosen, meticulously arranged collection of cover versions boasts its own abundant charms in her selection of obscure gems and bona fide classics from Al Green, Procol Harum, Neil Young, the Clash, the Temptations, Paul Simon, Bob Marley, and the Blue Nile. The songs are the rightful stars here, and Lennox brings passion and nuance to a set that plays beautifully. From the cinematic heartbreak of "No More I Love Yous" to the faithful recreation of the Blue Nile's "Downtown Lights," this is ravishing pop. --Sam Sutherland

1. "No More I Love You's" Joseph Hughes, David Freeman 4:51
2. "Take Me to the River" Al Green 3:31
3. "A Whiter Shade of Pale" Keith Reid, Gary Brooker, Matthew Fisher 5:17
4. "Don't Let It Bring You Down" Neil Young 3:36
5. "Train in Vain" Mick Jones, Joe Strummer 4:38
6. "I Can't Get Next to You" Norman Whitfield, Barrett Strong 3:09
7. "Downtown Lights" Paul Buchanan 6:42
8. "Thin Line Between Love and Hate" Richard Poindexter, Robert Poindexter, Jackie Members 5:53
9. "Waiting in Vain" Bob Marley 5:40
10. "Something So Right" Paul Simon 3:54
11. "Heaven" (Japanese bonus track) Richard Butler, Tim Butler 4:58

41WDAKM4A1L.jpg

Hamp: The Legendary Decca Recordings -- Remastered CD

Lionel Hampton

2002 Jazz Heritage Society

Best of Hamps big bands November 30, 2008
By Johnny Hodges
Format:Audio CD|Amazon Verified Purchase

Hamp's first and IMHO best big bands were on Decca. This generous helping features some wild showy performances, my favorite being Dizzy Gillespi and Arnett Cobb blowing the Red Top roof off. Amongst the hot big band charts, there is a nice sprinkling of smaller group recordings, including an amazing 15 workout on "Stardust".

The excitement level drops somewhat on the second disk (hence only 4 stars), but each disk has over one hour; the 90 min. description (also on the jacket) is incorrect.

The sound quality is quite good; Decca seemed to be one of the best American labels at preserving the heritage. Too bad they cut back on their efforts (how could they cease distributing this and other vital music?). For you swing band fans, you should also persue Spinnin' the Webb and Tidal Wave lest they should disappear as well. And for the cream of Lionel Hampton's career, the late 30's Bluebird recordings like Hot Mallets, Vol. 1 and/or All Star Sessions: Hot Mallets, Vol. 2 are absolutely worth persuing.

Track Listing
DISC 1:
1. Flying Home
2. Hamp's Boogie Woogie
3. Million Dollar Smile
4. Red Cross
5. Hamp's Blues
6. Evil Gal Blues
7. Flying Home
8. Stardust
9. Ribs and Hot Sauce
10. Blow Top Blues
11. Hey! Ba-Ba-Re-Bop
12. Rockin' in Rhythm, Pts. 1 & 2
13. Limehouse Blues
14. Tempo's Birthday
15. Jack the Fox Boogie

DISC 2:
1. How High the Moon - (alternate take)
2. Three Minutes on 52nd Street
3. Red Top
4. Mingus Fingers
5. Midnight Sun
6. Chicken Shack Boogie
7. Central Avenue Breakdown
8. Drinkin' Wine, Spo-Dee-O-Dee
9. Moonglow
10. Hucklebuck, The
11. Lavender Coffin
12. Rag Mop
13. I Wish I Knew
14. There Will Never Be Another You
15. Pink Champagne
16. Memories of You
17. Time on My Hands
18. Easy to Love
19. Twentieth Century Boogie
20. Dancing on the Ceiling
21. How High the Moon

450081.jpg

Our Gang -- SACD

The Anthony Wilson Trio

2002 Groove Note Records

Composer-arranger-bandleader and guitarist Anthony Wilson, the 32-year old son of big band maestro Gerald Wilson, is one of the most brilliant musicians working in the US jazz scene today. A recipient ofthe IAJE's Gil Evans Fellowship Award, Wilson's rich, fluid and easy going style, with it's seductive references to Wes Montgomery and Kenny Burrell, is much in evidence on his latest CD, Our Gang from the Groove Note label out of Los Angeles. Playing with a much pared down structure of guitar trio with organ and drums (his previous recordingshave been with much larger outfits) gave Wilson the freedom to focus more on his own inventive and incomparable skills as soloist, and his close rapport with drummer Mark Ferber and organist Joe Bagg, with whom he has been playing with regularly for the last 2-3 years, pays off richly in this session.

This CD includes some stunning performances of standards like 'Chitlins Con Carne' (By Kenny Burrell), 'I Want You (She's So Heavy)' (from Abbey Road), and 'Prelude To A Kiss' (Strayhorn). The album also contains further evidence of Anthony Wilson's skill and talent as a composer as demonstrated by original compositions like 'Our Gang' and 'Britta's Blues.' The sterling back-up by Ferber and Bagg also deserves special mention with organist Bagg in particular exchanging great solos on the Hammond B-3 with Wilson.

Recorded by the A-list team of producer Joe Harley (ECM, Enja) and Mike Ross (engineer) at CelloStudios in Hollywood, this remarkable session will greatly extend Wilson's high profile position as one jazz's finest talents.

Track Listing:

Our Gang
Chitlins Con Carne
Britta's Blues
Time Flies
Road Trip
Luck be A Lady
I Want You (She's So Heavy)
Prelude To A Kiss

Dennie said:
BillFrisellGoodDogHappyMan_zps323ea63d.jpg

Good Dog Happy Man -- CD

Bill Frisell

1999 Nonesuch Records

Was intrigued by this, bought it, listening to it now. I like it very much! Gonna have to explore more of Frisell's work. Thanks yet again, Dennie.

Back