• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

51UqWMn-uaL.jpg

The Long Road Home -- Remastered 20-Bit K2 XRCD

Erning Watts

1997/2007 JVC Music

Two time Grammy winning saxophonist Ernie Watts has been quietly playing the part of an influential saxman for over 20 years. His expressive solos have graced the recordings of countless greats in nearly every genre of music. ''Music is a language,'' says Watts, ''and with language there are all these dialects - Rock, Classical, Jazz, Be-Bop and R&B among others. As for me, I'm interested in speaking all those dialects.'' On The Long Road Home, Watts returns to his favorite dialect...jazz. The results are simply glorious. Joining Watts on this blues tinged release are Kenny Barron on piano, Reggie Workman on acoustic bass, Mark Whitfield on electric guitar and Carmen Lundy, who performs two vocal numbers. This outstanding release was recorded direct to two track by XRCD co-creator Akira Taguchi and excellently showcases the superiority of the XRCD technology. Recorded live directly to two-track!

Track Listing
1. Lover Man
2. At the End of My Rope
3. River of Light
4. Nostalgia in Times Square
5. Bird's Idea
6. The Long Road Home
7. Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
8. Willow Weep For Me
9. Moonlight and Shadows

.Personnel includes: Ernie Watts (saxophone); Carmen Lundy (vocals); Kenny Barron (piano); Mark Whitfield (electric guitar); Reggie Workman (acoustic bass).Digitally remastered by JVC using XRCD (extended resolution compact disc).

61A9a8DF5JL.jpg

II - Deluxe Edition - Remastered 2 CD Set

Led Zeppelin

2014 Atlantic Records

Second Disc Contains Previously Unreleased Companion Material That Offers Insightful Look at Recording Sessions and Previously Unreleased Track "La La".

Packaging Faithfully Replicates Original Artwork: 16-Page Booklet Included

John Bonham, John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant came together in 1968 as Led Zeppelin. Over the next decade, the band would become one of the most influential, innovative and successful groups in modern music, selling more than 300 million albums worldwide. Their songs are some of the most celebrated in rock 'n' roll history that, to this day, resonate with fans young and old around the globe. Still, no matter how many times you may have listened to their music, you've never heard Led Zeppelin like this before.

Painstakingly remastered from the original master tapes by guitarist Jimmy Page, this CD of Led Zeppelin II sounds utterly amazing. Page spent years on this project with one goal in mind: Making these reissues the end-all-be-all definitive digital editions of his iconic band's records. He has succeeded, and then some. In addition, this special Deluxe Edition features previously unreleased companion audio that will satisfy every fan.

The companion audio for Led Zeppelin II: Deluxe Edition gives fans the first peek into the band's recording sessions, with alternate mixes of five songs from the album, backing tracks to "Thank You" and "Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)," and the previously unreleased track "La La."

The band wrote and recorded nearly all of Led Zeppelin II while touring relentlessly to support its debut album. Incredibly, the album was released just seven months after Led Zeppelin in October of 1969. Led Zeppelin II features some of the band's most beloved tracks including "Ramble On" and "Heartbreaker" as well as "Whole Lotta Love," considered by many to be one of the greatest rock n' roll songs of all time. The album is certified diamond by the RIAA with sales of over 12 million copies.

Led Zeppelin Led Zeppelin II: Deluxe Edition Track Listing:

1. "Whole Lotta Love"
2. "What Is And What Should Never Be"
3. "The Lemon Song"
4. "Thank You"
5. "Heartbreaker"
6. "Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)"
7. "Ramble On"
8. "Moby Dick"

Companion Audio
1. "Whole Lotta Love"
2. "What Is And What Should Never Be"
3. "Thank You"
4. "Heartbreaker"
5. "Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)"
6. "Ramble On"
7. "Moby Dick"
8. "La La"

The band consisted of guitarist Jimmy Page, singer Robert Plant, bassist and keyboardist John Paul Jones, and drummer John Bonham.

Today's work truck music.....

71a162e89da0f533bf2d2110.L.jpg

Straight Shooter -- CD

Bad Company

1974/1990 Swan Song Records

Supergroup hits its stride, November 7, 2001
By Mons "Mons" (Norrpan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Straight Shooter (Audio CD)

Released in 1974, Straightshooter is regarded by many as being Bad Company's strongest album. It has the bluesy feel of its predecessor (Bad Co) but has the band turning their amps up 11 and rocking out the strongest set of songs of the band's career. Do not forget that Bad Co was a supergroup with 2 guys out of Free (Rodgers and Kirke), the bass player from King Crimson (Boz Burrell) and Mott the Hoople's guitarist (Mick Ralphs). They should have been huge, of course, but suffered from having to play second fiddle to Swan Song stablemates Led Zeppelin. The songs were great, their sound: a sort of supercharged, sexy blues-rock without the pretention of Led Zep. What let them down perhaps was their lyrics, some of which make Spinal Tap look like Leonard Cohen, but if you can take that - and I can - this album is a great listen from beginning to end. Bad Company were also one of the few hard rock bands that wrote great ballads (Anna), though it was Straightshooter's high-octane rockers like Good Lovin' Gone Bad, Feel Like Making Love and Shooting Star that helped secure them a place in rock history. Bad Company were a good, tight band, but I would recommend anyone to listen to them purely to hear Paul Rodgers' masterful rock vocals. New to Bad Company? Get this one first, and then Bad Co.
Side one

"Good Lovin' Gone Bad" (Mick Ralphs) – 3:35
"Feel Like Makin' Love" (Paul Rodgers, Ralphs) – 5:12
"Weep No More" (Simon Kirke) – 3:59
"Shooting Star" (Rodgers) – 6:16

Side two

"Deal With the Preacher" (Rodgers, Ralphs) – 5:01
"Wild Fire Woman" (Rodgers, Ralphs) – 4:32
"Anna" (Kirke) – 3:41
"Call on Me" (Rodgers) – 6:03

Today's work truck music...

14898149e7a0bcfe1031e110.L.jpg

Wes Bound -- CD

Lee Ritenour

1993 GRP Records

Amazing Tribute, August 9, 2001
By Russell Diederich (Littleton, CO United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Wes Bound (Audio CD)

This album was my first exposure to both Lee Ritenour and Wes Montgomery. Who could ask for anything more? Ritenour gives a stunning tribute to one of the greatest jazz guitarists ever to fret a chord. Montgomery always seemed to be playing effortlessly while always keeping the listener entertained by his rhythms and solos.

Ritenour splits the album by covering Montgomery for half the songs and spends the other half composing songs in the style of Montgomery. Ritenour's covers have a bit of artistic freedom as he colors the songs to his own style of playing. This album sounds more like a tribute to Ritenour's hero instead of someone flat out copying the songs note for note.

All of these songs are strictly instrumental (except for "Waiting In Vain", which really doesn't fit in with the other songs of the album). Ritenour's licks are fast, varied and entertaining. He has the classic L5 sound throughout the album that just screams jazz. The backing band gives the album more of a smooth jazz feeling, but Ritenour's playing stands out.

Track List:
1. Wes Bound
2. Boss City
3. 4 On 6
4. Little Bumpin', A
5. Waiting In Vain
6. Goin' To Detroit
7. New Day, A
8. Ocean Ave.
9. Road Song
10. West Coast Blues

61c-MQ5Ki-L.jpg

So What's New - New Compositions by Dave Brubeck-- 20 Bit CD

The Dave Brubeck Quartet

1998 Telarc Records

SO WHAT'S NEW? finds the gentleman of jazz piano still going strong. His vibrant character is as evident as ever on this collection of originals recorded with his quartet in the midst of a busy touring schedule. Brubeck's lush chord voicings and rhythmic variety are present, with just a touch of sweet sentimentality around the edges. You won't find any grandstanding or over-production here; just straight-ahead swing with a freshness and grace that is Brubeck's trademark.With Bobby Militello on alto and flute and longtime collaborators Jack Six on bass and Randy Jones on drums, Brubeck gets things off to a swinging start with "It's Deja Vu All Over Again." A beautiful solo piano intro to "Fourth Of July" develops into a classic Brubeck waltz. The lightly swinging "Marian McPartland," named after Brubeck's fellow pianist, is a standout feature for Militello who turns in a rollicking solo. Brubeck himself is up to the task as well, as he unfolds many an impressive improvisation. The harmonically intricate solo "Her Name Is Nancy" is just one example of his keyboard and composing prowess. Other standouts include the beautiful "I'm Still In Love With A Girl Named Oli" and the straight-ahead swing of "Sahra."

1. It's Deja Vu All Over Again 4:51
2. Fourth Of July 5:16
3. The Things You Never Remember 8:00
4. Marian McPartland 4:44
5. Brotherly Love 6:37
6. I'm Still In Love With A Girl Named Oli 5:15
7. Her Name Is Nancy 2:38
8. Chorale 5:37
9. Sahra 4:12
10. Waltzing 7:17
11. Five For Ten Small Fingers 3:00

Dave Brubeck Quartet: Dave Brubeck (piano); Bobby Militello (alto saxophone, flute); Jack Six (bass); Randy Jones (drums).Recorded at Ambient Recording Studio, Stamford, Connecticut on September 3 & 4, 1997. Includes liner notes by Doug Ramsey

51y3x6qSLuL.jpg

Swing Live -- SACD

Bucky Pizzarelli

2001 Chesky Records

Stereophile's "RECORDING OF THE MONTH - March 2002" "...Pizzarelli's quintet, with instrumentation similar to that of Goodman's small ensembles, plays the Swing Era style with expertise, authenticity, and passion." - Stereophile Join Bucky Pizzarelli, Bernard Purdie (drums), Peter Appleyard (vibes), Allen Vache (clarinet) and Michael Moore (bass) in a Manhattan Jazz club for a swinging concert without ever leaving your living room! Within the comforts of your own home, Swing Live will place you in the best seating position in the venue, and with the accompanying crowd interactions and sonic realism of this recording, you will be transported into the intimate setting of the Jazz performance. Sit back and enjoy the energy and enthusiasm Bucky and his quintet exude as they perform directly to you!

Track Listings
1. Lester Leaps In
2. Sweet Sue
3. Dinah
4. Perdido
5. If I Had You
6. Too Marvelous For Words
7. Lime House Blues

5182tGov5LL.jpg

Live From Studio A In New York City -- Hybrid SACD

Johnny Frigo with Bucky & John Pizzarelli

2003 Chesky Records

At the age of 71, Johnny Frigo finally had his debut as a leader on record, with the exception of an obscure effort in 1957. Although he had spent much of his career as a studio bassist, Frigo successfully switched full-time to his first love, the violin, and was immediately considered one of the top swing-based violinists. Joined by both Bucky and John Pizzarelli on guitars, either Ron Carter or Michael Moore on bass, and drummer Butch Miles, Frigo is in wonderful form on 14 standards, including "Pick Yourself Up," "Detour Ahead" (which he had co-written while with the Soft Winds in the late '40s), "Stompin' at the Savoy" and "The Song Is You." This recommended CD launched the Chesky label. Review by Scott Yanow

[1] Pick Yourself Up and Start All Over Again

[2] Do Nothing Till You Hear From Me

[3] Detour Ahead

[4] Just Friends

[5] Estrellita

[6] Stompin' At The Savoy

[7] Early Autumn

[8] You Stepped Out Of A Dream

[9] In A Sentimental Mood

[10] The Song Is You

[11] I'm Through With Love

[12] Summer Me, Winter Me

[13] Tangerine

[14] I'll Never Be The Same

Johnny Frigo - violin

Bucky Pizzarelli - guitar (right side)

John Pizzarelli - guitar (left side)

Ron Carter - bass (tracks 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8)

Michael Moore - bass (tracks 9 - 13)

Butch Miles - drums

41uEPzVkL5L.jpg

I Love John Frigo He Swings -- Remastered CD

John Frigo and His Quintet

1957/2004 Mercury/Verve Records

Johnny Frigo spent most of his professional life as a jazz bassist, but in the mid-'80s he picked up his first instrument, the violin, and started what amounted to a second jazz career on that instrument. Frigo biographies frequently refer to an obscure album release from the 1950s that prefigured this change, and this is it, a session Frigo recorded in 1957 at Universal Recording Studios in Chicago for Mercury Records. Joined by guitarist Herb Ellis (Frigo and Ellis had previously worked together in the Soft Winds Trio with pianist Lou Carter), Norm Jeffries on drums, Dick Marx on piano, Cy Touff on trumpet, and the great Ray Brown on bass, Frigo delivers a wonderful swing/bop mixture that stands seamlessly with his 1980s releases. At times he uses the violin like a horn, punching in and blocking out solid runs, and at other times, like on the beautiful "Blue Orchids," he uses the instrument to approximate a tenor vocalist, stretching the melody into marvelous shapes. Frigo even does a call-and-response duet with himself on the self-penned "Big Me -- Little Me," answering the violin lines with his own bass runs. I Love John Frigo...He Swings somehow got lost in the shuffle when it was released, and Frigo went back to bass playing for 30 years before getting a late second chance at recording this kind of small-group sides on violin once more. The original master tapes of this session apparently suffered some degradation, and the recordings red-line occasionally in the digital transfer, but it's nothing too serious. Mercury/Verve should be commended for bringing this delightful album back to life. ~ Steve Leggett

"What a Diff'rence a Day Made" – 2:31
"Polka Dots and Moonbeams" – 4:19
"Blow Fiddle Blow" – 2:50
"Blue Orchids" – 3:02
"Gone With the Wind" – 3:04
"Squeeze Me" – 3:37
"You Stepped Out of a Dream" – 2:58
"Moonlight in Vermont" – 3:17
"If Love Is Good to Me" – 3:33
"Big Me — Little Me" – 2:13

Personnel: John Frigo (violin, bass); Mike Simpson (tenor saxophone, flute); Cy Touff (bass trumpet); Vic Val (tenor saxophone); Dick Marx (piano); Herb Elllis (guitar); Ray Brown (bass); Phil Faieta, Norm Jeffries (drums).Recorded at Universal Recording Studios, Chicago, Illinois, 1957

51UyHppYG8L.jpg

In The Flesh (Live)-- 2 CD Set

Roger Waters

2000 Columbia Records

With IN THE FLESH, ex-Pink Floyd vocalist, bassist, and genius behind THE WALL Roger Waters releases a superbly recorded live album that covers his entire career. Acknowledging that his old band has performed DARK SIDE OF THE MOON many times, and that a live version of THE WALL was recently released, Waters delivers a set of FM staples, mixed with rarities that aficionados will appreciate.Floyd classics are given new twists, such as the female vocals on "Mother," and Waters' singing lead on "Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2." Going back to Pink Floyd's psychedelic early days, the seven-minute "Set the Controls For the Heart of the Sun" is performed both eerily and masterfully. "Perfect Sense (Parts I and II)" works as an excellent crowd singalong, and is wonderful companion material to the previously mentioned Floyd albums. "Each Small Candle," the only new song in the set, and the centerpiece of an upcoming album, shows that Waters is as creative as he's ever been. IN THE FLESH--LIVE is perfect for those who want to relive these dramatic performances, and those who want a document of a compelling live concert.

Track Listing
DISC 1:
1. In the Flesh
2. The Happiest Days of Our Lives
3. Pt. 2 Another Brick in the Wall
4. Mother
5. Get Your Filthy Hands off My Desert
6. Southhampton Dock
7. Pt. 1 Pigs on the Wing
8. Dogs
9. Welcome to the Machine
10. Wish You Were Here
11. Pts. 1-8 Shine on You Crazy Diamond
12. Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun

DISC 2:
1. Breathe (In the Air)
2. Time
3. Money
4. Pt. 11 (aka 5:06 AM- Every Stranger's Ey Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking
5. Pts. 1-2 Perfect Sense
6. The Bravery of Being out of Range
7. It's a Miracle
8. Amused to Death
9. Brain Damage
10. Eclipse
11. Comfortably Numb
12. Each Small Candle - (previously unreleased)

Personnel: Roger Waters (vocals, guitar, bass); Jon Carin (vocals, guitar, lap steel, keyboards, programming); Andy Fairweather Low (vocals, guitar, bass); Doyle Bramhall II (vocals, guitar); Katie Kissoon, Susannah Melvoin, P P Arnold (vocals); Snowy White (guitar); Andy Wallace (Hammond organ, keyboards).Recorded live at The Rose Garden Arena, Portland, Oregon; America West Arena, Phoenix, Arizona; MGM Grand Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Irvine, California. Includes liner notes by Roger Waters.

51GFO9rn3XL.jpg

The Sheffield Jazz Experience -- 24k Gold 20bit CD

1996 Sheffield Records

The Sheffield Experience recording was the best I've experienced this past week. Clarity, depth, enhanced dynamics. October 7, 2013
By Mos Jazz
Format:Audio CD|Amazon Verified Purchase

Audiophile recording at its best. Jazz musician's on each song were clearly heard and appreciated. Prior to listening to the cd I read the information on each musician and song. This enhanced my listening pleasure by allowing me to hear/feel all the sound/music produced on each song. My favorite tracks: #2, #4, #9, #12, and #14. If you enjoy listening to jazz played and recorded at its best....this is the cd to experience.

Track Listing
1. Sierra Highways - Pat Coil
2. (My Heart Says) Come on In - Clydene Jackson Edwards
3. Things Change - David Benoit/Jerry Hey
4. Pearl Grey - Phil Woods
5. The - Margie Gibson Song Is Ended
6. Happy Feet - Freeway Philharmonic
7. Wishing Well - Michael Ruff
8. Captain Bacardi - Dave Grusin
9. What It Takes - Lyle Mays
10. Aflat Elegy - Adam Makowicz
11. Livin' in the Love - Colleen Coil
12. Anyone Can See - John Beasley
13. Amuseum - James Newton Howard
14. Summertime - Lincoln Mayorga

511TsJ7GNAL.jpg

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road -- Blu-Ray Audio

Elton John

1973/2014 MCA/UMC

High Fidelity Pure Audio is the exciting new range of physical HD audio products from Universal Music Group which uses Bluray technology to deliver the ultimate listening experience to the user. High Fidelity Pure Audio discs are playable through all Blu -ray devices including Blu-ray Players and games consoles, allowing the consumer to experience the sound as it was intended by the artist. No compression, no compromise. A download voucher is also included in-pack which gives the consumer a digital download of the album in MP3 format at a standard resolution ensuring they can also access their music on the move, on devices which don’t support HD audio. Universal Music Group is committed to offering high quality audio to the discerning consumer and has selected a wide range of repertoire showcasing some of the most iconic talent the music world has ever seen.

Originally released at the end of 1973, the double album ‘Goodbye Yellow Brick Road’ was the crowning moment of an upward trajectory that had marked the unstoppable rise of Elton John – from the first hit ‘Your Song’ through a sequence of increasingly confident artistic and commercial successes. Following the chart-topping album ‘Don’t Shoot Me I’m Only The Piano Player’ from earlier in 1973, the stage was well and truly set for a new album and it would be one that simply exploded globally and would go on to sell in excess of 31 million copies worldwide.

Tracklisting (Stereo)
1. Funeral For A Friend/ Love Lies Bleeding (2014 Remaster)
2. Candle In The Wind (2014 Remaster)
3. Bennie And The Jets (2014 Remaster)
4. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (2014 Remaster)
5. This Song Has No Title (2014 Remaster)
6. Grey Seal (2014 Remaster)
7. Jamaica Jerk-Off (2014 Remaster)
8. I've Seen That Movie Too (2014 Remaster)
9. Sweet Painted Lady (2014 Remaster)
10. The Ballad Of Danny Bailey (1909-1934) (2014 Remaster)
11. Dirty Little Girl (2014 Remaster)
12. All The Girls Love Alice (2014 Remaster)
13. Your Sister Can't Twist (But She Can Rock'n' Roll) (2014 Remaster)
14. Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting (2014 Remaster)
15. Roy Rogers (2014 Remaster)
16. Social Disease (2014 Remaster)
17. Harmony (2014 Remaster)

1. Funeral For A Friend / Love Lies Bleeding (SACD 5.1 surround)
2. Candle In The Wind (SACD 5.1 surround)
3. Bennie And The Jets (SACD 5.1 surround)
4. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (SACD 5.1 surround)
5. This Song Has No Title (SACD 5.1 surround)
6. Grey Seal (SACD 5.1 surround)
7. Jamaica Jerk Off (SACD 5.1 surround)
8. I've Seen That Movie Too (SACD 5.1 surround)
9. Sweet Painted Lady (SACD 5.1 surround)
10. The Ballad Of Danny Bailey (1909-1934) (SACD 5.1 surround)
11. Dirty Little Girl (SACD 5.1 surround)
12. All The Girls Love Alice (SACD 5.1 surround)
13. Your Sister Can't Twist (But She Can Rock'n Roll) (SACD 5.1 surround)
14. Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting (SACD 5.1 surround)
15. Roy Rogers (SACD 5.1 surround)
16. Social Disease (SACD 5.1 surround)
17. Harmony (SACD 5.1 surround)

51eIRSjl6IL._SS500_.jpg

On How Life Is -- CD

Macy Gray

1999 Epic Records

That voice!, February 28, 2000
By Caz (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: On How Life Is (Audio CD)

I had heard "Do Something" on MTV when this CD first came out... I enjoyed it, but wasn't bowled over. I'm usually not a big fan of R&B, soul music. A couple friends of mine played this CD in their car constantly at the end of last summer. I ended up purchasing the disc because I couldn't get "I Try" out of my head. This disc may not hit you immediately, but let me assure you IT WILL GROW ON YOU and you will love it! It's my favorite disc of 1999. I purchased it back in August and continue listening to it today. For a guy with a 700+ cd collection that says a lot. Most cd's find their way onto a shelf and rarely come back down. I saw Macy in concert here in Pittsburgh recently. She is an incredible talent and deserves much success. I consider my self an 'adult alternative' fan with tastes that range from Everything but the Girl to Dead Can Dance to Pet Shop Boys... love a real voice (Sarah, Sting), love drama (Erasure, Depeche Mode)... hate polish (Whitney, Mariah)... love Macy Gray. Check her out. You won't be disappointed!

1. "Why Didn't You Call Me" Macy Gray, Jeremy Ruzumna 3:14
2. "Do Something" Gray, Darryl Swann, Ruzumna, Dion Murdock, Patrick Brown, Raymon Murray, Rico Wade, Cameron Gipp, Robert Barnett, André Benjamin, Antwan Patton, Thomas Burton, Greg Mays, Daryl Barnes, George Clinton, Jr., Garry Shider, Bernard Worrell 5:00
3. "Caligula" Gray, Swann, Ruzumna 4:38
4. "I Try" Gray, Ruzumna, Jinsoo Lim, David Wilder 3:59
5. "Sex-o-Matic Venus Freak" Gray, Ruzumna, Murdock 3:57
6. "I Can't Wait to Meetchu" Gray, Swann, Ruzumna, Miles Tackett 5:18
7. "Still" Gray, Ruzumna, Bill Esses, Jeff Blue 4:15
8. "I've Committed Murder" Gray, Swann, Ruzumna, Kiilu Beckwith, Eddie Harris, Francis Lai, Carl Sigman 5:00
9. "A Moment to Myself" Gray, Ruzumna, Tackett, Mark Morales, Damon Wimbley 4:00
10. "The Letter" Gray, Jamie Houston, Matt Sherrod 5:38

preston_reed-metal-front.jpg

Had never heard of Preston Reed before, but heard a track from this album (Metal) on Pandora at a friend's house the other day, and it immediately grabbed my attention. Very interesting solo guitar.

Today's work truck music....

fcb3808a8da0abae1fbc7110.L.jpg

Private Investigations - The Best Of -- 2 CD Set

Mark Knopfler & Dire Straits

2005 Warner Bros. Records

Comprehensive Collection, January 8, 2009
By Deborah Bankson "Deb" - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)

Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler have been making alot of very good music for a long time (I admit Money For Nothing was the first song I really knew from MTV) and often trying to put together a set of music for artist like this is hard. There are a couple of things missing, The Princess Bride is one of my favorite movies and soundtracks of all time, but this collection is very go and not simply a Greatest Hits Package.

Of course there is Money and Sultans of Swing, but songs like Brothers in Arms, a very moving track that is not as well known and Skateaway show that in putting this together the good breadth and depth was considered.

Very well done and not just a throw together greatest hits.

d67eb220dca08c6ab7838010.L.jpg

Back