• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

Botch said:
And, a question for you, Dennie or anyone else who post album cover pics: are you finding it harder and harder to find a suitable image address? It seems, more and more, when I go to Googlez Imagez, click on a pic I like, and then copy/paste "Copy Image Address", I get about three pages of gibberish, which won't post on this forum.
What's going on? I never had this problem before, and it took me so long to find the above pic, that I'm about ready to just type out the artist and album. Bummer but damn, why is this happening? I could understand the resistance to "hot-linking" ten years ago, but nowadays??
I haven't had any particular problem with this. Maybe because you're using a Mac? :eusa-whistle: Actually it sounds like you're accidentally clicking "copy image" rather than "copy image address"; the "pages of gibberish" sounds like the raw image data, which would happen if the image itself is in the clipboard.

818OlYw7yLL_zps209526a5.jpg

Ske-Dat-De-Dat The Spirit of Satch -- CD

Dr. John

2014 Proper Records Limited

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee and six-time GRAMMY® winner Dr. John is New Orleans' most prominent living musical icon. The embodiment of his hometown's freewheeling creative spirit and multiple musical traditions, he's built a visionary, idiosyncratic body of work that's deeply rooted in the Crescent City's myriad blues, R&B, jazz and rock 'n' roll traditions.

So it's fitting that Dr. John's new album on Proper Records, Ske-Dat-De-Dat The Spirit of Satch, pays heartfelt tribute to another larger-than-life New Orleans legend: the seminal trumpeter and vocalist Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong, whose musical innovations created the template for 20th-century jazz, and whose playful attitude and life-embracing spirit made him a beloved figure whose worldwide appeal transcended music. The album honours Armstrong's musical genius as well as his effervescent personality with 13 classic numbers drawn from various phases of Armstrong's five-decade career, with Dr. John joined by a stellar supporting cast that manages to update the material while maintaining the music's timeless emotional appeal.

The subtitle The Spirit of Satch is particularly appropriate given the album's birth cycle, which Dr. John says was set into motion when the late Armstrong—whom he'd only met once during his lifetime, in the office of their mutual manager Joe Glaser—came to him in a dream. Prior to making the album, Dr. John honoured Satchmo on stage, presenting rapturously received tribute concerts, dubbed "Props to Pops," at New York's Brooklyn Academy of Music in March 2012 and at the Hollywood Bowl in July 2013.

In addition to Dr. John's trademark vocals and piano, and backup from some of New Orleans' finest musicians, Ske-Dat-De-Dat The Spirit of Satch features a stellar assortment of guest singers and players. Bonnie Raitt shares the spotlight on a swinging reading of "I've Got the World On A String," Ledisi and the McCrary Sisters lend gospel authority to "Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen," Anthony Hamilton is featured on a mournful "Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless Child," Shemekia Copeland trades verses with Dr. John on a playful reworking on "Sweet Hunk O' Trash," and the Blind Boys of Alabama lend their powerful voices to "What A Wonderful World" and "Wrap Your Troubles in Dreams." Since Ske-Dat-De-Dat The Spirit of Satch is a tribute to the man who popularized the trumpet for a worldwide audience, it's fitting that the project should feature some of today's greatest trumpeters, namely Nicholas Payton (on "What A Wonderful World" and "Gut Bucket Blues"), Terence Blanchard ("Mack the Knife," "Wrap Your Troubles in Dreams"), Arturo Sandoval ("Tight Like This," "Memories of You"), Wendell Brunious ("Thats My Home") and James Andrews ("Dippermouth Blues"), along with New Orleans' legendary horn ensemble the Dirty Dozen Brass Band ("When You're Smiling").

Ske-Dat-De-Dat The Spirit of Satch is the latest achievement in a singular musical history that stretches back to the 1950s, when Dr. John—then still known by his given name, Mac Rebennack—emerged as an in-demand producer, guitarist, pianist and songwriter on New Orleans' studio scene, working for such local labels as Ace, Ron and Ric, collaborating with the likes of James Booker, Earl King, Professor Longhair, Art Neville and Frankie Ford, and scoring the regional solo hit "Storm Warning."

In the early '60s, he relocated to Los Angeles, where he played on countless sessions before debuting his flamboyant new musical persona, "Dr. John, The Night Tripper," with his first solo album, 1968's Gris-Gris, which introduced the world to his uniquely eclectic voodoo-funk. In the years since, he has remained a distinctly prolific and powerful force, releasing more than 30 albums of his own while collaborating with a broad array of acts including the Rolling Stones, Sonny and Cher, Van Morrison, Aretha Franklin, Gregg Allman, Mike Bloomfield, Levon Helm, Ringo Starr, Rickie Lee Jones, B.B. King and Christina Aguilera. He also performed in such films as The Last Waltz and Blues Brothers 2000, and pursued a successful two-decade songwriting partnership with legendary tunesmith Doc Pomus.

Dr. John was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2011, and won the most recent of his six GRAMMY® Awards when 2012's Locked Down was voted that year's Best Blues Album.

TRACK LISTING
1. What A Wonderful World
2. Mack The Knife
3. Tight Like This
4. I've Got The World On A String
5. Gut Bucket Blues
6. Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless Child
7. That's My Home
8. Nobody Knows The Trouble I've Seen
9. Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams
10. Dippermouth Blues
11. Sweet Hunk O'Trash
12. Memories Of You
13. When You're Smiling (The Whole World Smiles With You)

Botch said:
And, a question for you, Dennie or anyone else who post album cover pics: are you finding it harder and harder to find a suitable image address? It seems, more and more, when I go to Googlez Imagez, click on a pic I like, and then copy/paste "Copy Image Address", I get about three pages of gibberish, which won't post on this forum.
What's going on? I never had this problem before, and it took me so long to find the above pic, that I'm about ready to just type out the artist and album. Bummer but damn, why is this happening? I could understand the resistance to "hot-linking" ten years ago, but nowadays??

Hey Botch,

I get most of my images from Amazon, which are usually the appropriate size. But sometimes I have to add it to my "Photobucket" (.com) and edit the image for size, then post it here.

Also, I right click on an image and choose "Copy Image Location", not "Image address", if that helps any.

Dennie

Dennie said:
Hey Botch,

I get most of my images from Amazon, which are usually the appropriate size. But sometimes I have to add it to my "Photobucket" (.com) and edit the image for size, then post it here.

Also, I right click on an image and choose "Copy Image Location", not "Image address", if that helps any.

Dennie

Thanks guys. I'm definitely using "Copy Image Address" and not "Copy Image", the same way I've been doing it forever; it's just more and more I can't do that anymore, just recently. And Safari/Mac doesn't offer a "Copy Image Location".
I'll try Amazon in the future; copying it to my Photobucket and re-addressing isn't worth the time.

Are you using the google images page to find the image? It could be that it's not fully compatible with mac/safari... google does some weird things sometimes with image addresses and sizes, as it never shows you the full-size image if it's very large. "image location" and "image address" and "image URL" should be exactly the same thing, functionally, just different browsers calling it different things.

I know copying the image, as Googlez displays them all on a page, doesn't work; you have to click on the image to get the "full-size", (it has a black bar behind it) and then copy that.
But, again, I've been doing it the same way for years, and now all of the sudden it doesn't work... for MOST images.

Botch said:
I know copying the image, as Googlez displays them all on a page, doesn't work; you have to click on the image to get the "full-size", (it has a black bar behind it) and then copy that.
But, again, I've been doing it the same way for years, and now all of the sudden it doesn't work... for MOST images.

Google = A love, hate relationship! :angry-tappingfoot: LOL

Dennie

Today's work truck music...

27c862e89da0a4e367ed2110.L.jpg

Missing...Presumed Having A Good Time -- CD

The Notting Hillbillies

1990 Warner Bros. Records

The Notting Hillbillies was a country music project formed by Mark Knopfler, who was then lead guitarist and singer of the Dire Straits, with Brendan Croker, Steve Phillips, and Knopfler's bandmate Guy Fletcher. They made just one album, Missing...Presumed Having a Good Time that was released in 1990, before returning to concentrate on their main bands. The Notting Hillbillies have been reunited several times for charity gigs. In May 1997 the Hillbillies went on an 11 show tour in UK.

In 1993, two shows were performed, both without Guy Fletcher.

The Town & Country Club in Leeds on July 3 only featured the Knopfler-Croker-Philips trio. The set list included the only known live performances of two Dire Straits songs : "Ticket To Heaven" and "How Long". The Notting Hillbillies had previously performed "When It Comes To You" in 1990, before it was actually recorded and issued by Dire Straits on their final album On Every Street, in 1991.

The City Hall in Newcastle on July 6 featured for the one and only time Alan Clark on keyboard. Ed Bicknell and Marcus Cliffe were also present. This was the last time that Clark played with Knopfler within a full band.

1. "Railroad Worksong" – 5:29 (Traditional)
2. "Bewildered" – 2:37 (Whitcup, Powell)
3. "Your Own Sweet Way" – 4:32 (Mark Knopfler)
4. "Run Me Down" – 2:25 (Traditional)
5. "One Way Gal" – 3:10 (Traditional)
6. "Blues stay Away from Me" – 3:50 (A. Delmore, R. Delmore, W. Raney, H. Glover)
7. "Will You Miss Me" – 3:52 (Steve Phillips)
8. "Please Baby" – 3:50 (Traditional)
9. "Weapon of Prayer" – 3:10 (I. & C. Louvin)
10. "That's Where I Belong" – 2:51 (Brendan Croker)
11. "Feel Like Going Home" – 4:52 (Charlie Rich)

51EJz43VsRL.jpg

The Very Best of and Then Some -- CD

George Howard

1997 GRP Records

George Howard always said that his music was not jazz, even while he appeared at jazz festivals. A fine R&B-ish soprano saxophonist heavily influenced by Grover Washington, Jr., Howard's recordings tended to be steady sellers but artistically quite erratic, geared toward a dancing funk audience. This best-of collection puts the focus on Howard's playing (the majority of the pieces are instrumentals) and is one of the better sets for listeners who want to actually hear his saxophone. Nine songs are drawn from eight of George Howard's GRP CDs, and there are two previously unreleased numbers from 1997 ("Midnight Mood" and "Find Your Way") that are among his final recordings. ~ Scott Yanow

Track Listing
1. Love Will Follow
2. Come to Me Baby
3. Everything I Miss at Home
4. When Summer Comes
5. Diane's Blues
6. A Home Far Away
7. Midnight Mood - (previously unreleased)
8. Cross Your Mind
9. Find Your Way - (previously unreleased)
10. Love Will Find a Way
11. Miracle

ae16024128a0347d5d89f010.L.jpg

A Home Far Away -- CD

George Howard

1994 GRP Records

Passionate and Brilliant, October 26, 2005
By Beverly Praiswater - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: A Home Far Away (Audio CD)

George Howard is one of the "forgotten" great sax players. He is often passed over on the smooth jazz stations which is a shame. Perhaps this is due to his untimely death in 1998 at only 41 years old from a brain tumor. His talent brims with passion and inspiration.

The opening number "Miracle" has a very sensuous feel. "You Can Make The Story Right" is a gorgeous and fine number. "No Ordinary Love" has an extraordinary feel and powerful arrangement. George's sax solo is very fine. The title song "A Home Far Away" has a warm Caribbean feel with fascinating rhythms. "Renewal" has a mellow beginning and a scorching build to the ending. This cd still stands the test of time. George Howard's mix of smooth and funky jazz is always great to hear!

7259024128a0447d5d89f010.L.jpg

3ee9cd76-4479-48e0-8698-ed399fe1157c_zps56fa198c.jpg

Midnight Sugar -- SACD

Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio

1974/2012 First Impressions Music

One of the all time great Jazz Audiophile recordings of all time is once again available on FIM SACD! This Piano Trio will mesmerize you with this great collection of standards, superb musicianship and awesome sonics. You are sure to listen to this one over and over.

The Yamamoto Trio performing Midnight Sugar, recorded March 1, 1974 at Aoi Studio. Award Winner, Best Engineering Award, Jazz Disc Award of Swing Journal, 1974.

"This is one of the finest piano recordings I have ever heard." - Bob Bantz, President of Elusive Disc, Inc.

Features:
• 2012 Re-released SACD

Musicians:
Tsuyoshi Yamamoto, piano
Isoo Fukui, bass
Tetsujiro Obara, drums

Selections:
1. Midnight Sugar
2. I'm A Fool To Want You
3. The Nearness of You
4. It Could Happen To You
5. Sweet Georgia Blues

Total Time: 39:32

KGrHqVo0FHgetelRbBR5FiNq6Q60_57_zps5b0c51a8.jpg

Further Adventures of Jimmy and Wes -- Remastered CD

Jimmy Smith & Wes Montgomery

1966/1993 Verve Records

This is the sort of thing that will place high in the results of an internet search on the phrase "roots of acid jazz." Organist Jimmy Smith and guitarist Wes Montgomery were already titans of the jazz world before they teamed up, and FURTHER ADVENTURES, their second album together, enhanced the legends of both men. For the most part, it's a slow-burning affair full of simmering grooves, laid-back solos, and hypnotic riffs. The tone is exemplified by a mellow jazz/bossa nova version of the '60s pop hit "Call Me," digging deeply into a loungey feel. Interestingly, though, bop boss Montgomery pulls the bluesy Smith into his own axis on a version of "'Round Midnight" that finds Smith venturing into more harmonically adventurous territory than usual.

Track Listing
1. King of the Road
2. Maybe September
3. O.G.D. (aka Road Song) - (aka Road Song)
4. Call Me
5. Milestones
6. Mellow Mood
7. 'Round Midnight - (bonus track)

Personnel includes: Jimmy Smith (organ); Wes Montgomery (guitar); Oliver Nelson (arranger); Grady Tate (drums); Ray Barretto (percussion).Recorded in New York on September 21 & 28, 1966. Originally issued on Verve (8766). Includes liner notes by Michael Zwerin and Gene Santoro

61szUKIDy9L.jpg

Paradise Wobble -- CD

Janet Klein & Her Parlor Boys

2000 Coeur De Jeanette Music

Enchanting ukulele chanteuse JANET KLEIN with her band THE PARLOR BOYS perform 23 soulful, rustic and authentically inspired interpretations of early 20th Century Hot-Jazz, Late Ragtime and Novelty Tunes as well as 1920s Jazz-styled Hawaiian numbers and French and American speakeasy songs. Janet's own unique vocal style reflects the old-fashioned sweetness and charm of bygone singers like Ruth Etting, Josephine Baker, Lil Armstrong and Mae West. Among her Parlor Boys are two alumni of R. Crumb's Cheap Suit Serenaders, Tom Marion, on guitar, mandolin and banjo, and Robert Armstrong, on Hawaiian steel guitar, accordion and saw. Also on the bill are Ian Whitcomb, recording and radio personality on ukulele and accordion, Brad Kay, composer, bandleader, and musician historian on ragtime style piano and cornet, John Reynolds on guitar and expert whistling and Randy Woltz on vibes and xylophone.

Track List:

01. I Wish I Were Twins
02. Pretty Little Baby
03. Shine
04. It was Only A Sunshower
05. The Physician
06. Any Kind-A-Man (would be better than you)
07. Palakiko Blues
08. Nasty Man
09. Paradise Wobble
10. Clip Joint
11. I'm No Angel
12. Honolulu Stomp
13. Someday Sweetheart
14. I Used To Love You
15. You Went Away Too Far
16. Sous Les Toits de Paris
17. Lonely Little Bluebird
18. Taint No Sin To Take Off Your Skin
19. Real Estate Papa You Aint Gonna
20. Cooking Breakfast For the One I Love
21. Maui Chimes
22. You're A Heavenly Thing
23. Will You Remember Me?

91MM2JlHN6L_zps6381b546.jpg

Look Again To The Wind - Johnny Cash's Bitter Tears Revisited -- CD

Various Great Artists

2014 Sony Masterworks

As the '60s became a time of deep socio-political change and upheaval in America, the country music establishment wasted little time establishing itself as the voice of the "silent majority" who wanted to live in a quietly conservative nation (as opposed to the loudly conservative point of view that would arise in Nashville in the '80s and onward). One exception to this was Johnny Cash, who was often moved to speak out in favor of justice for the disadvantaged and disenfranchised. One of Cash's first and most powerful statements in favor of human rights was his 1964 album Bitter Tears, a song cycle that dealt with the way Native Americans had been wronged throughout United States history, and remarkably, one of its most powerful songs actually became a hit single -- "The Ballad of Ira Hayes," drawn from the true story of the Pima Indian soldier who helped raise the flag at Iwo Jima during World War II, only to face brutal racism and succumb to alcoholism after returning home. To honor the 50th anniversary of Cash's album, producer Joe Henry has assembled Look Again to the Wind: Johnny Cash's Bitter Tears Revisited, a collection featuring a handful of noted folk and country artists covering the songs from Cash's landmark album. The tone of Look Again to the Wind is gentler and more thoughtful than Cash's original album, largely due to the artists involved -- while Cash's voice was legendarily strong and dark, the vocalists here include Gillian Welch, Emmylou Harris, Nancy Blake, and Bill Miller, whose performances are heartfelt but less physically imposing than what Cash delivered in 1964. In addition, producer Henry has aimed for a sound more intimate and atmospheric than that of the originals, dominated by acoustic instruments and the often stellar picking of David Rawlings. But if this album is more subtle, the best work here is moving and eloquent stuff, especially Gillian Welch on the opening cut "As Long as the Grass Will Grow," Kris Kristofferson putting all of his gritty authority into "The Ballad of Ira Hayes," Rhiannon Giddens from the Carolina Chocolate Drops sounding sweet but strong on "The Vanishing Race," and Steve Earle having a grand time dishonoring the dead on "Custer." Ultimately, Look Again to the Wind is more about the fine songs on Bitter Tears (most written by Peter LaFarge) than Johnny Cash, but these performances certainly honor the courage of Cash, who was willing to speak out for Native American rights at a time when it was an issue that barely registered in the public consciousness. The issues raised on Bitter Tears are still relevant, and Look Again to the Wind reminds us that art can still speak eloquently about the best and worst parts of the human condition, and it's well worth investigating. ~ Mark Deming

Track Listing
1. As Long as the Grass Shall Grow - Gillian Welch/David Rawlings
2. Apache Tears - Emmylou Harris
3. Custer - Steve Earle
4. The - Talking Leaves - David Rawlings/Emmylou Harris/Gillian Welch/Nancy Blake
5. The - Ballad of Ira Hayes - Gillian Welch/Kris Kristofferson
6. Drums - Emmylou Harris/Gillian Welch/Nancy Blake/Norman Blake
7. Apache Tears (Reprise) - Gillian Welch
8. White Girl - Kenneth Pattengale/Joey Ryan
9. The Vanishing Race - Rhiannon Giddens
10. As Long as the Grass Shall Grow (Reprise) - Gillian Welch/Nancy Blake
11. Look Again to the Wind - Bill Miller

155162.jpg

First Take -- CD

Roberta Flack

1969/1995 Atlantic Records

Although originally released in 1969, FIRST TAKE languished in obscurity until noted jazz fan Clint Eastwood chose Roberta Flack's haunting, minimalist reinterpretation of Scottish folkie Ewan MacColl's "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" ... Full Descriptionto score a love scene in his 1972 film PLAY MISTY FOR ME. Latter-day fans of that single and Flack's later smooth soul hits might be surprised at the overall sound of FIRST TAKE.

Recorded with a small combo of jazz giants--guitarist John Pizzarelli, bassist Ron Carter, and drummer Ray Lucas, with Flack on piano--and produced by Atlantic's house eccentric Joel Dorn, FIRST TAKE is a jazz album with soul and pop influences. The recording has more in common with Nina Simone, or even Dorn's work with eclectic reedsman Rahsaan Roland Kirk, than mainstream soul divas of the 1970s. Flack's utterly controlled, elegant vocal style and her churchy piano chords root this album, which has a stately power and deliberate grace even at its most soulful--particularly on a call-and-response version of the spiritual "I Told Jesus" and the heartbreaking "Angelitos Negros."

1. "Compared to What" (Gene McDaniels) - 5:16
2. "Angelitos Negros" (Andres Eloy Blanco, Manuel Alvarez Maciste) - 6:56
3. "Our Ages or Our Hearts" (Robert Ayers, Donny Hathaway) - 6:09
4. "I Told Jesus" (Traditional) - 6:09
5. "Hey, That's No Way to Say Goodbye" (Leonard Cohen) - 4:08
6. "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" (Ewan MacColl) - 5:22
7. "Tryin' Times" (Donny Hathaway, Leroy Hutson) - 5:08
8. "Ballad of the Sad Young Men" (Fran Landesman, Tommy Wolf) - 7:00

81qFaF2PtJL_zps2a27ca9f.jpg

The Very Best of.... -- 2 CD Set

Fleetwood Mac

2002 Warner Bros. Records

Although the title is a misnomer, considering that material from Fleetwood Mac line-ups featuring earlier members including founder Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer, Bob Welch, and Danny Kirwan is noticeably absent, THE VERY BEST OF serves up the cream of the Buckingham/Nicks years. Rounded out by Mick Fleetwood and former paramours John and Christine McVie, this "classic" Mac line-up lasted for seven albums and created timeless material often fueled by romantic turmoil within its ranks. With Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, and Christine McVie all serving as singer-songwriters, there were plenty of hits to go around.Ably displacing 1998's GREATEST HITS package, this two-CD set features plenty of well-known radio hits starting with cuts from the Mac's 1975 self-titled smash ("Monday Morning," "Rhiannon," and "Say You Love Me") on through the live 1997 reunion album THE DANCE ("I'm So Afraid," "Big Love"). In between, the wealth of solid material boggles the mind and includes classics found on 1977's classic RUMOURS ("Go Your Own Way," "Don't Stop"), 1979's TUSK (title track, "Sara"), and 1982's MIRAGE ("Gypsy," "Hold Me"). Equally engaging are slightly more obscure cuts like "Paper Doll" and "Silver Springs" (originally found on the out-of-print box set 25 YEARS: THE CHAIN).

Track Listings

Disc: 1
1. Monday Morning
2. Dreams - Fleetwood Mac
3. You Make Loving Fun - Fleetwood Mac
4. Go Your Own Way
5. Rhiannon
6. Say You Love Me
7. I'm So Afraid
8. Silver Springs
9. Over My Head - Fleetwood Mac
10. Never Going Back Again
11. Sara
12. Love In Store - Fleetwood Mac
13. Tusk
14. Landslide
15. Songbird
16. Big Love (Live, 1997)
17. Storms

Disc: 2
1. The Chain
2. Don't Stop
3. What Makes You Think You're The One
4. Gypsy - Fleetwood Mac
5. Second Hand News
6. Little Lies
7. Think About Me
8. Go Insane (Live, 1997)
9. Gold Dust Woman
10. Hold Me
11. Seven Wonders
12. World Turning
13. Everywhere
14. Sisters Of The Moon
15. Family Man
16. As Long As You Follow
17. No Questions Asked
18. Skies The Limit
19. Paper Doll

Fleetwood Mac: Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, Christine McVie, John McVie, Stevie Nicks

71tSd61wnqL_zpsfb5c061b.jpg

61BJZFRN4DL.jpg

Three Ring Circle -- CD

Three Ring Circle

2006 Earwave Records

About the Artist
Rob Ickes is an 8-time Dobro Player of the Year, and leads acclaimed bluegrass band Blue Highway.

Andy Leftwich is a member of multiple Grammy Award winning Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder.

Dave Pomeroy has played on over 500 albums, including Grammy winning recordings with Emmylou Harris and Earl Scruggs, and was Nashville's 1997 "Bassist Of The Year".

Product Description
Three Ring Circle has taken the acoustic music world by storm with the release of their debut CD. Rob Ickes (leader of acclaimed Blue Highway), Andy Leftwich (member of Ricky Skaggs' Kentucky Thunder) and Dave Pomeroy (renowned Nashville session man) are individually renowned as innovative players with ''who's who'' resumes, but as Three Ring Circle, they are taking it up another notch by creating high energy, melodic instrumental music with broad appeal. The CD features 7 originals and songs by Stevie Wonder, Jeff Beck, and Birelli Legrene, and has garnered rave reviews in publications like No Depression, Frets and USA Today, and airplay on Bluegrass, Jazz and Public Radio stations. Their intense live shows have already achieved legendary status, and this dobro, mandolin, and bass supergroup will be playing concerts and festivals throughout 2007 in support of this CD.

Track Listings
1. You Know What I Mean
2. Made In France
3. Sargasso
4. Isn't She Lovely
5. Old Age
6. Thompson's Camp/Oscar's Dream
7. In The Morning
8. Moon Over San Bernadino
9. Granola Man
10. Haywire

2f3a51c88da07c0c2043e110.L.jpg

A Twist of Jobim -- CD

Various Artists

1997 i.e. Music/Polygram

The debut release from the I.E. label (which is connected with Polygram) is an unusual multi-artist tribute to the music of Antonio Carlos Jobim. Some of his tunes are made funky (but in a melodic and tasteful way), while others become quiet (but still passionate) ballads. The treatments are all jazz-oriented, and there is plenty of solo space for the likes of guitarist Lee Ritenour (in one of his finest jazz efforts), pianists Dave Grusin and Alan Pasqua, altoist Eric Marienthal, bassist Christian McBride, and tenor saxophonist Ernie Watts. Plus, there are guest spots for Herbie Hancock (an excellent acoustic piano solo on "Stone Flower"), the sopranos of Art Porter (on "Dindi") and Steve Tavaglione, the Yellowjackets (who team up with Ritenour on "Mojave"), singer El DeBarge ("Dindi") and the vocal duo of Al Jarreau and Oleta Adams ("Waters of March" and a lightweight rendition of "The Girl from Ipanema"). Nearly every song holds one's interest, the melodies are celebrated, and the fresh interpretations contain more than their share of surprises. ~ Scott Yanow

Track Listing
1. Water to Drink (Agua de Beber) - Dave Grusin/Lee Ritenour
2. Captain Bacardi - Dave Grusin/Eric Marienthal/Lee Ritenour
3. Dindi - El DeBarge/Art Porter
4. Waters of March (Aguas de Março) - Oleta Adams/Al Jarreau
5. Bonita - Dave Grusin
6. Stone Flower - Herbie Hancock/Paulinho Da Costa/Steve Tavaglione
7. Favela - Eric Marienthal/Lee Ritenour
8. Children's Games - Ernie Watts/Alan Pasqua
9. Lamento - Christian McBride/Ernie Watts
10. Mojave - Lee Ritenour/Yellowjackets
11. Girl from Ipanema, The - Al Jarreau/Oleta Adams