• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

Frankly, I haven't listened to it yet but didn't think it warranted its own thread so I posted it here.

That said, I liked the snippets on Amazon enough to buy it.

*EDIT*
HA! It just occurred to me there might be an official JB thread on the forum. ;) Guess I should've posted there.

Just when I think I've (literally) heard (of) everything, I scan this thread to confirm how wrong I am!

Thanks to Flint and Randy for pointing me towards Jellyfish and SCW respectively.

And to Babs for pointing me back to Roxette!

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
9177C87B-D015-424C-AFFD-900AFDB38C58_zpsbsa4ixbm.png

Haven't listened to them in a LONG time... and am reading/listening to a book that is quoting them a lot..
BlueOysterCultAgentsOfFortune.jpg

Her name's come up a few times here. Based on that, I got Tigerlily a while ago - but frankly it did nothing for me. But the wife threw together a USB stick with a bunch of music from @JeffMackwood's collection, which I had in the car today and pulled up Ophelia. I immediately loved it. Some really deep music here (IMHO), and from what I can tell in the car, a very good recording too. Gonna have to give this a more critical listen.

51UWvyUS98L.jpg

Dragging a little bit, so i need something to help me plow throw the work on my desk...
Dying_Fetus_Reign_Supreme.jpg

Someone in the office likes the dark stuff... recommended this. It's what you expect I assume.

Dragging a little bit, so i need something to help me plow throw the work on my desk...
Dying_Fetus_Reign_Supreme.jpg

Someone in the office likes the dark stuff... recommended this. It's what you expect I assume.

Oh my
I pride myself on being able to appreciate things I don't enjoy. Like gardening. I don't like doing it, not even a little, but I can understand what others may get from it. No offense but I don't get what people find enjoyable about that stuff.

When I've got a pile of work to power through, stuff like this gets me through it ...

D2664F07-404E-4859-941A-BCB25BFCAA11_zpsufuxkkdk.png

393E49FA-03E4-448D-8729-D9F934683916_zpsmoe1lwvj.jpeg

Oh my
I pride myself on being able to appreciate things I don't enjoy. Like gardening. I don't like doing it, not even a little, but I can understand what others may get from it. No offense but I don't get what people find enjoyable about that stuff.

None taken... it's definitely one you like or you don't. For me its a completely visceral thing, an attitude changer, etc. My musical tastes REALLY run the gambit depending on my mood... everything from Opera, jazz, rock, pyschobilly, surf, swedish death metal, bluegrass, folk, gregorian chants, classical... the only genre I haven't really been able to get into is country. Unless it's REALLY old country. Or Johnnie Cash. The artist I was listening to right before that was Mr B The Gentlemen Rhymer
Tweed_Cover_small.png

and now I'm listening to
th

which it has been FAR too long since I've listened to this album.

None taken... it's definitely one you like or you don't. For me its a completely visceral thing, an attitude changer, etc. My musical tastes REALLY run the gambit depending on my mood... everything from Opera, jazz, rock, pyschobilly, surf, swedish death metal, bluegrass, folk, gregorian chants, classical... the only genre I haven't really been able to get into is country. Unless it's REALLY old country. Or Johnnie Cash. The artist I was listening to right before that was Mr B The Gentlemen Rhymer
Tweed_Cover_small.png

and now I'm listening to
th

which it has been FAR too long since I've listened to this album.

I'm right there with you, almost.
I've been known to have wildly diverse playlists going in my office. The difference is that I can't seem to get into MODERN country, hardcore death metal, or prog.

The wife and I are at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo watching a live performance by Alan Jackson.

00DD6BE8-D45A-4EA5-BF13-AE9A99350687_zpshzhlzkjr.jpg

5463A94F-C6A5-4452-B1AA-DD813A415CB6_zpstymralis.jpg

2A62EDEE-8D16-49B8-8DD5-A2B60F3010C9_zpsnuc4qh7q.jpg

Back