• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

51Q8LpYCScL.jpg

Yikes! I have to play this ASAP! Before Zing comes downstairs and takes my 'Soul' card away, again...

51Q8LpYCScL.jpg

Yikes! I have to play this ASAP! Before Zing comes downstairs and takes my 'Soul' card away, again...

The biggest problem with that album (yes, I have it) is that it doesn't include "Girl from the North Country" with Bob Dylan. You can remedy that with The Essential Johnny Cash or the Silver Linings Playbook soundtrack.

That is SOOO not the biggest problem with the album.

And, for the love of God, please stop suggesting she buy MORE Johnny Cash music. :veryangry:

51Q8LpYCScL.jpg

Great taste Babs. I suggest you start purchasing individual albums. There are hundreds and hundreds of Johnny Cash gems available! "Hits" collections are a great intro, but you've really got to dive deep once you know it's an artist you like.

Jeff

Her name's come up a few times here. Based on that, I got Tigerlily a while ago - but frankly it did nothing for me. But the wife threw together a USB stick with a bunch of music from @JeffMackwood's collection, which I had in the car today and pulled up Ophelia. I immediately loved it. Some really deep music here (IMHO), and from what I can tell in the car, a very good recording too. Gonna have to give this a more critical listen.

51UWvyUS98L.jpg

Pauly, this is one of my favorites, in my top ten. Natalie is an incredible & unique soul. I can't even tell you how many times I have listened to this. I prefer her solo, versus anything with the 10,000 Maniacs. She is from Jamestown, NY. Which is about twenty minutes from us. I agree, very deep music, IMO as well, it speaks to the soul.

Great taste Babs. I suggest you start purchasing individual albums. There are hundreds and hundreds of Johnny Cash gems available! "Hits" collections are a great intro, but you've really got to dive deep once you know it's an artist you like.

Jeff
giphy.gif

Jeff

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I am good with Johnny's greatest hits CD, all of my favorites in rotation. Lord knows I am the only one in this household that will ever listen to it. Zing puts it up there with some of the Christmas music I listen to.

Pauly, this is one of my favorites, in my top ten. Natalie is an incredible & unique soul. I can't even tell you how many times I have listened to this. I prefer her solo, versus anything with the 10,000 Maniacs. She is from Jamestown, NY. Which is about twenty minutes from us. I agree, very deep music, IMO as well, it speaks to the soul.

Love Natalie, love Tigerlily, and still need to check out Ophelia.
Tigerlily is definitely in my top 10 albums.
A guy I know used to play bass for 10,000 maniacs. I know that has nothing to do with anything, I just wanted to feel important for a moment.
Seriously though Natalie is AMAZING and I agree with Babs (I think) who stated earlier she preferred Natalie solo. Me too.

Love listening to Stick Men! Tony Levin has such an intense energy to his playing, even when the songwriting is bleh, he makes it engaging.

Back