• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

Somewhere else Zing posted about "lists" - and how a regular search tuned him into music he might have otherwise missed.

Over the last couple of years, as I have been expanding / filling-in my music collection, I too have relied on "lists" in my search.

This thread itself is a "list" - as I might broadly define it - from which I have culled a multitude of music selections. (hawk52's "Melanie" post is a great recent example.)

Google searches yield tons of list.

Metacritic publishes lists of weekly new music releases.

I recently searched for lists of multichannel SACDs and turned up a plethora that I never knew existed (some of which now form part of my collection.)

A prog rock search list led me to the band Renaissance - whose Live at Carnegie Hall was pubescent pleasure back in the day - but whose other works remained unknown to me until that list.

While searching lists of classical composers I happened upon Liszt. The irony did not escape me!

I could expand upon this list of lists, but I think you get my (bulleted) point.

Jeff

t56768132_s400.jpg

With a book in one hand and a single malt in the other!

(The song Youth and Love is featured in Episode 2 of Season 4 of Mozart in the Jungle - which Gen and I watched earlier this evening.)

Another Valentine’s Day gift from Zing...yeah, this chick RAWKS! Her music is highly meaningful.
$_57.JPG

Can listen to four songs off Jack White's new album -- I like it. Probably not for everyone, but I'm digging it.
51KZgJL5TLL._SS500.jpg

Another Valentine’s Day gift from Zing...yeah, this chick RAWKS! Her music is highly meaningful.
$_57.JPG

Love Pink. Wish I was going to her upcoming concert, but I got shut out. Called the GF and told her I was getting tickets and taking her to Pink. She said, "Oh honey that is so sweet, I am already going with my boss and a bunch of girls from work".

Just came across this list of multichannel releases. Best I've seen yet - covering all formats. Saw many releases that I'd never knew about before. For example Johnny Cash's At Folsom Prison on SACD and The Guess Who's The Best of the Guess Who on SACD as well.

Jeff

Listening to my "Pre-'50s Jazz" playlist via Squeezebox. includes:

Lester Young
Teddy Wilson
Bix Beiderbeck
Sydney Bechet
Benny Goodman
Artie Shaw
Ella Fitzgerald
Billie Holiday

and others

I've always liked Lindi Ortega's music, but I particularly like her latest just-released album. My gosh she has a great voice!

61sRGVe0PaL__SS500.jpg

Been into this one more and more... I think it's currently my favorite of the DS/Knopfler albums.

LID9148.jpg

Black-Stone-Cherry-Black-To-Blues-2017.jpg

Black Stone Cherry.

Not really Blues.

Not really Southern Rock.

I'm going to call it Bluesy Southern Grunge.

^Babs just asked me if @heeman suggested I get this. He did not. Amazon did. But now that she mentioned him, I can't help but think this has his name all over it.

Keith, you could do a lot worse with $5.79.

^Babs just asked me if @heeman suggested I get this. He did not. Amazon did. But now that she mentioned him, I can't help but think this has his name all over it.

Keith, you could do a lot worse with $5.79.
"Grunge" in the descriptor is close, but I also get a tinge of heavy death metal.

Thinking Heeman will like it!

Jeff

Back