• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

Been into this one more and more... I think it's currently my favorite of the DS/Knopfler albums.

LID9148.jpg
What's the recording quality like?

Been a while since I've given it a critical listen, last few times have been in the car :laughing: so I can't answer that question too precisely at the moment, but I'll give it a spin in my HT or headphones and get back to you. I will say, I like the variety of instruments used here - strings in at least one song, saxophone in a few, etc. Plus IMHO the writing has some great musical depth to it, none of these is really a radio hit style song but they all have something interesting going on.

^Babs just asked me if @heeman suggested I get this. He did not. Amazon did. But now that she mentioned him, I can't help but think this has his name all over it.

Keith, you could do a lot worse with $5.79.

I will let you guys know, it should be here in a few days...............

Gave it a listen on my good headphones this am. I'd say, it's very well recorded for a rock album. I'm not sure I'd qualify it as true high end demo material, but it's quite good.

REALLY enjoying this just-released album. Dozens (and dozens and dozens) of contributors.

VA - Restoration The Songs Of Elton John And Bernie Taupin (2018).jpg

^Babs just asked me if @heeman suggested I get this. He did not. Amazon did. But now that she mentioned him, I can't help but think this has his name all over it.

Keith, you could do a lot worse with $5.79.

So considering that this is an EP with 6 covers with the Black Stone Cherry twist, it was good. I have not heard it on the main HT system yet only IEM's on the plane.

Back