• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

Last Monday thru Wednesday, my 19th trip out their this year............................

I'm assuming this is the Hollywood store... I've been to the one in San Francisco and Berkeley (i do live near SF and I went to Cal). I love going through used CD's. Found a LOT of music I really liked that way.

I'm assuming this is the Hollywood store... I've been to the one in San Francisco and Berkeley (i do live near SF and I went to Cal). I love going through used CD's. Found a LOT of music I really liked that way.

Yes, this was my second time there. I spent about 2 hrs and my head was spinning..........way too much to look at and to choose from. Great Place indeed!!!

I got myself the most amazing Christmas present this year, all of Kate Bush's albums + non-album songs remastered. So far I am completely blown away by the audio quality.

I know some of you absolutely hate Kate, which is fine. But this is nirvana for me.
KateBush_Remasters_20181207.jpg

The remasters are amazing - I think they may have gone all the way back to the original multitracks and tape loops from her home. On "Strange Phenomena" from The Kick Inside the song ends with a tape loop in the background with some odd and edgy men's voices. For the first time I can hear a bass heavy noise, like a studio door closing or someone hitting the microphone stand, which is repeated in the loop. I love it!

Yes, these still sound like Kate, so if that isn't your thing then don't bother. But if you like her, the remasters are cleaner, more balanced, and seem to retain or improve on the dynamic range of the original albums.

Last edited:
I got myself the most amazing Christmas present this year, all of Kate Bush's albums + non-album songs remastered. So far I am completely blown away by the audio quality.

I know some of you absolutely hate Kate, which is fine. But this is nirvana for me.
View attachment 8563

The remasters are amazing - I think they may have gone all the way back to the original multitracks and tape loops from her home. On "Strange Phenomena" from The Kick Inside the song ends with a tape loop in the background with some odd and edgy men's voices. For the first time I can hear a bass heavy noise, like a studio door closing or someone hitting the microphone stand, which is repeated in the loop. I love it!

Yes, these still sound like Kate, so if that isn't your thing then don't bother. But if you like her, the remasters are cleaner, more balanced, and seem to retain or improve on the dynamic range of the original albums.

I have been listening to the album, "The Dreaming," in lossless from my Samsung phone through my Senn HD650 cans, and I am absolutely blown away. Some of the songs have very dense vocal content and it has always been difficult to understand all the words being sung / chanted / said, but now I can clearly make out all the words yet the overall mix and great dynamics do not appear to have been affected. I like this very much.

bush-kate-dreaming-1982.jpg

I am having a blast in the theater this evening...while I am cleaning the oven~it needs done before Christmas Cookies!

journey-escape(4).jpg

Back