• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

1caff510-66ad-485e-8324-6d493b63a1a4.7c622efc6a0723ee6c269f89ec7d632f.jpeg

Florence + The Machine, Dance Fever. I like it but then I am a Florence fan. Maybe a little more sombre (recorded during pandemic) than her previous ones.
florence_and_the_machine_dance_fever.jpeg

Tonight, The Man in the Brown Shorts™ delivered a package (Sunday night at 8 pm??) which included a new album... Chicago XXXVIII!!
I've been listening to this band since Jr High; after SEVEN decades they're still releasing new music, and from what I've read on Amazoid, this is a good one.
Pankow, Loughnane, and Lamm are still in the band (Parazaider and Scheff had to leave), and I don't recognize anyone else in the package band photo (one new guy is like 7' 5").
It's past my bedtime. 30 years ago I'd've bought some beer and stayed up until 3 am listening to this, over and over. But I'll have to wait until tomorrow now. Old Age tamps down your enthusiasm, but also grants you the Patience to deal with it....

Some how she came up on a Joni Mitchell playlist...along with the Waterboys?? WTF. Anywho...reminds me a little of Duffy.
She was in the band The Be Good Tanyas previous to going solo. She is Canadian.
ab67616d0000b2733ddd4bb596b436920330a048

OK kids, you say you like Slayer? Iron Maiden? Black Sabbath, Megadeth, Slipknot, Devil Driver, Fear Factory, and so on??

Please give these guys a listen. They've been around 20+ years and somehow I just recently discovered them. They're from Spain and have been playing the Euro metal festivals all summer, their Facebook page is updated almost daily with pics from the shows.

Somehow my timing is that they will be playing live in Colorado in a few weeks, and you know I got tickets!!

Give em a listen, Promises you won't regret!

Angelus Apitrida

AA.JPG

Last edited:
I've not been a big Grunge fan ever, but Alice in Chains had always caught my ear; mostly because of Layne Stayley's vox, damn that guy could sing. Dark, sinister, down-tempo and heroin-soaked, but I loved this stuff. "Would:"

And I have to add: the last 1/3rd of the song goes to a major chord, and makes you think "This is gonna get happier, at last" and then it hits this odd minor chord, and punches you back down into the cement. Fantastic!

Last edited:
Rick Beato just counted down the Top 20 One-Hit-Wonders of the Eighties, what fun! Some of these songs I never liked, some brought goosebumps on my arms. And in my last job on Hill AFB, there was a forklift on the ground floor that had a bell tone when it backed up, the exact note, tempo, and almost same timbre, as the bell tone on the chorus of "Faded Love"; now I know who did the song.

But the one that really threw me for a loop, goosebumps from my scalp to my ankles, was Jane Child!! I loved that song, and will be digging out her CD tonight. Thought the rest of you old farts would enjoy hearing this.

Rick Beato just counted down the Top 20 One-Hit-Wonders of the Eighties, what fun! Some of these songs I never liked, some brought goosebumps on my arms. And in my last job on Hill AFB, there was a forklift on the ground floor that had a bell tone when it backed up, the exact note, tempo, and almost same timbre, as the bell tone on the chorus of "Faded Love"; now I know who did the song.

But the one that really threw me for a loop, goosebumps from my scalp to my ankles, was Jane Child!! I loved that song, and will be digging out her CD tonight. Thought the rest of you old farts would enjoy hearing this.

I think much of the A-ha fame is not because the song was so great but that the video was so unusual?!

Olivia Newton-John. Ok… this phase only lasted like a day. Maybe a day and a half. (I f**kin’ hate “Grease”, btw.)

Back