• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

Found a new artist on YouTube. I believe her name is Maranda. Does a lot of Irish folk stuff.
Voice of an angel.

Malinda, her name is Malinda.

One of the most haunting, magical, creepy, and downright Beautiful tracks I've ever heard, and it's even by Fleetwood Mac!
And no one else knows about it. Whoever put this video together (it came out before "videos" were a thing) did a good job of capturing it's Essence. Enjoy.

One of the most haunting, magical, creepy, and downright Beautiful tracks I've ever heard, and it's even by Fleetwood Mac!
And no one else knows about it. Whoever put this video together (it came out before "videos" were a thing) did a good job of capturing it's Essence. Enjoy.

My favorite Fleetwood Mac song!

Great song. Love that one.

A King Crimson clip I hadn't seen before. About a third of the way in, they go into a beautiful version of "A Sheltering Sky". And after that, perfect RnR Mayhem! DAMN I love that band!

Streamed a little this morning. Two Ozzy songs in a row

s-l1600.jpg

Great interview/backstory with one of the last members of Sugarloaf; they did "Green-Eyed Lady" and "Don't Call Us", which everyone here should know. Pop-Rock hits that mattered!

CBS's "Sixty Minutes" just blew my mind tonight. I've followed the music of Hans Zimmer for a long time, a very prolific movie score artist who incorporated a lot of non-orchestral elements (synths, noise, non-Western music) and is right up there with John Williams.
What I did NOT know, is I saw him appear on TV over 40 years ago: he was the keyboardist for The Buggles, "Video Killed the Radio Star", the first (and for weeks, only) video played on this new thing called "MTV".
I. Did. Not. Know. That! o_O

CBS's "Sixty Minutes" just blew my mind tonight. I've followed the music of Hans Zimmer for a long time, a very prolific movie score artist who incorporated a lot of non-orchestral elements (synths, noise, non-Western music) and is right up there with John Williams.
What I did NOT know, is I saw him appear on TV over 40 years ago: he was the keyboardist for The Buggles, "Video Killed the Radio Star", the first (and for weeks, only) video played on this new thing called "MTV".
I. Did. Not. Know. That! o_O
Didn't know that either. Didn't he also do the Miami Vice theme song? I know he was also listed as one of the music people in the most recent Top Gun movie.

Hans Zimmer. I’m biased as he scored some of my favorite movies, including The Dark Knight trilogy. We’ve also been lucky enough to see him in concert in Philly.

Yes, you're right. I remember him doing something in the 80's that was pretty popular. Beverly Hills Cop theme maybe?
Nope, that was Harold Faltimeyer(sp). What song of Herbie Hancock from the 80's can I confuse with Hans? lol

Panopticom, first track off the new Peter Gabriel album; I'm sooo stoked! :happy:

(and Tony Levin has the most unique bass tone; just one note, and you know it's him!)

Just found this jem. Poorly recorded but the music comes across. Glen Campbell, and songwriter Jimmy Webb (whom I've never even seen before after all these years, and a very good pianist too) performing "Wichita Lineman", a favorite song of mine. (skip to about the 3:00 mark)
EDIT: the original guitar solo was played on a tenor guitar, which gave it a much more full-bodied, and haunting, sound. Magic.

Last edited:
^^^Great song Botch! I became hooked on it when it was in some Heather Graham movie. Glen was a very underrated singer song writer. There's a funny story that's out there about him being a session musician for Frank Sinatra, and Frank had a pretty nasty name for him when he first saw him.

Back