• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

61vHBwnkWNL.jpg

It's got an 80s old school heavy metal vibe to it.

I can't describe how much I love this album.
View attachment 8734
Based on this and a convo with @mcad64 I've been listening to this album, I think I'm on my third time through it this morning. I'm really digging it! Lots of interesting guest artists (Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Jackson Browne...), quite respectable recording engineering IMHO as well - I love the guitars in "Backs Turned Looking Down the Path." Anyway, gonna have to get some more of Zevon's albums.

Based on this and a convo with @mcad64 I've been listening to this album, I think I'm on my third time through it this morning. I'm really digging it! Lots of interesting guest artists (Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Jackson Browne...), quite respectable recording engineering IMHO as well - I love the guitars in "Backs Turned Looking Down the Path." Anyway, gonna have to get some more of Zevon's albums.
Waddy Wachtel played a lot of guitar with Warren and many others. Paul, if you don't get any other , I would also suggest Excitable Boy. Yeah it's got Werewolves of London but it also has Tenderness on the Block among others. Give that track a listen. As a father of a daughter(two in your case) like me you will appreciate it!!

Neil Youngwith Crazy Horse. Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere.
EverybodyKnowsThisIsNowhere.jpg
I really like his follow up album, Fingernails on a chalkboard. Seriously though, too each his own, but that's one artist that gets turned immediately if he comes on the radio.

Back