• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

Still on my old skool sounding heavy metal kick..

Graveyard/Peace
graveyard-peace.jpg

And now for something completely different...

Alestorm_-_Sunset_on_the_Golden_Age.jpg

B16lU2LEyTS._SL1000_.png

Trying to describe the sound is hard... it's like hard to heavy metal using the instruments shown above... and the lyrics appeal to my inner 14year old.

It’s no secret how much we luv Brent Smith~the man can sing! We gave Chris a little taste last weekend! We hope he enjoyed it.

Their newest album, below, is a clean & sober Brent, first album clean & sober, ever. Great story!

‘Put Your Hands in the Air’!!!!

View attachment 9585

Great Rock Band, and ya that dude can sing. If you haven't seen them live you must go. They are absolutely amazing live. The Sound of Madness is one of my favorite albums.

So, the Who recorded a new album and they've been releasing singles online.

The first single didn't do anything for me. In fact, I clicked away from it at about the halfway point because it was uninspired, repetitive, and dull. However, the second single "All Music Must Fade" is a surprisingly well crafted tune, and the arrangement is shockingly original and unique while still sounding like The Who.

Here's the online single:

As a musician nerd, I am interested in hearing this band's new album:

I like the idea of fusing "groove" with "jazz" and making something interesting as a result. These musicians are the primo session players of my generation who have made other artists sound like gods, but can they make original music on their own?

^--- Holy crap I'd forgotten how good this album is. I used to listen to it all the time in college, but I probably haven't heard it in 10+ years. Highly recommended, especially if you like the more lyrical side of EJ.

Sorry for so many posts but I'm pretty excited about this. Some great instrumental work and melodies in this one in particular, IMHO:

Back