• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

Whilst Zwifting this morning.

Thlittlecreates.jpg

Thnaked.jpg

Checking out the new Paul McCartney tunes. Man, this guy can make music!!!

And this is by far the best band he's every put together.

The new Lindemann solo album (lead singer of Rammstein). Not sure how Peter Stormare (Fargo and Unpimp The Auto) ended up in this video.

Today The Who just released their first full-length album of new music since the 1980s. Called "WHO", it has their regular stage rhythm section and some pretty well orchestrated strings and brass filling in the performances by Pete and Roger.

I've been listening to individual tracks on YouTube.

Roger's voice is old, but he does it well. Overall, it is a very good album and is definitely a Who album and not a Pete Townshend solo effort with the members of the Who playing a part. That said, the song structures are simpler than I am used to and the lyrics are often simplistic, heavy-handed moralistic, and downright boring if you don't enjoy their message - I am sure some of you could hear my eye rolls from your homes across the nation.

I am going to buy it and enjoy it for a bit before judging its place in the Who's catalog of incredible music - my favorite rock music. But it is good on initial listens, so that's a plus. Their EP "Endless Wire" didn't work for me, so this is a much better result.

Who-CD-USA-The_Who.jpg

I've been jamming to the formerly unreleased tracks from Jethro Tull's failure to record in France in 1973. These guys were on point when they were there, too bad the properly completed album never got finished and released.

This may seem kinda funny, but there actually was some pretty good original music written for this game. So I'm listening to:

81bKRXpJizL._SS500_.jpg

I had given up hope for country music years ago. However I stumbled across Cody Jinks, Chris Stapleton, and Whiskey Myers. Great stuff.

Heard this song on the radio a couple of times but never caught the name/artist so I had to look it up this morning. Was not expecting it to be Vampire Weekend. The video isn't great (directed by Jonah Hill) but I'm digging the song:

How's about a little "micro-tonal" music? The notes are not spaced the same as almost all music. There could be 24 or 30 note pitches per octave versus 8 in a common scale.

I wonder how you make a guitar to play this stuff?

Back