• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

Here is some hard driving good old rock n roll from 1971........

Great Stuff..........

Cactus; Restrictions

Bruce Springsteen. Letter to You. Highly enjoyable.
Lettertoyou.jpg

Ok Human----Weezer. I have now probably listened to this album over 50 times. I LOVE it. I think the symphony backing them helps but GD this is a great album!!!
If they aren't nominated for a Grammy next year than a) all hope is lost for humans playing popular music, and b) I am going to come down there( I assume it's somewhere in the USA) and bitch slap all the folks who make these decisions!!! Did that come off as too harsh????:)
Weezer_-_OK_Human.png

Listen to this song. If this is not an example of how a great song should sound than I don't know what is!!

I think I mentioned a few weeks back about paying 20 bucks to watch them live with the LA Symphony doing this album and some other Weezer tunes. Found this on Youtube for any one who may care.

Concert was almost perfect..but why oh why did they have to do Africa by Toto??? Have I mentioned before how much I hate that song??? Otherwise, it's always special to see a "rock" group perform with a symphony.!!!

Last edited:
^ I just checked too, may have to pass on that one; I did get DSOTM in 5.1, well worth it (and affordable!)
Eight-year bump.
Just watched this video:

Half hour on how Pink Floyd put together Dark side of the Moon, both originally in the studio, and how the 5.1 SACD was assembled. Also some really neat backstory on the vocal murmurs throughout the album, fun stuff.

Ever since Daft Punk called it quits a bit ago, I've had Random Access Memories playing in the car. Now this afternoon, Pomplamoose does a version from one song on that album. Not one of their best covers, but well worth watching (and I still could get lost in her baby blues....)

lol For approx. the 5th time in the past couple of weeks, I'm listening to Pink Floyd's The Wall. It's like comfort food, but music.

"I've got a grand piano to prop up my mortal remains."

Actually, I think I need to make that my signature.

Van Halen- Fair Warning
I had forgotten how well they could harmonize. I suspect that is mostly Micheal Anthony with some Eddie thrown in!??

Van_Halen_-_Fair_Warning.jpg

Last edited:
Van Halen- Fair Warning
I had forgotten how well they could harmonize. I suspect that is mostly Micheal Anthony with some Eddie thrown in!??

Van_Halen_-_Fair_Warning.jpg

Michael Anthony is a great singer. I know he preferred singing with Sammy because it was more in his natural range.

Sammy raved about Michael's singing. A relatively underrated bass player too.

The Boomtown Rats- the fine art of Surfacing. I remember buying it for "I Don't Like Mondays", and thinking, this album is NOTHING like that song,Imho.

Boomtown_Rats_-_The_Fine_Art_Of_Surfacing_album_cover.jpg

Back