• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

I watched Chappelle's new comedy special on Netflix this morning.... I haven't laughed out loud like this in a very long time. I had to pause it several times to get the laughing over with while not missing the next joke.

Watched it last night and thought it was one of his best

I watched Chappelle's new comedy special on Netflix this morning.... I haven't laughed out loud like this in a very long time. I had to pause it several times to get the laughing over with while not missing the next joke.

I started to watch this on Friday, 15 minutes in I turned it off.

After hearing your guys thoughts I went back and watched the whole thing. There were some parts that were funny and topics I agreed with him but I did not find it as good as otjhers seem to.

Maybe I AM becoming an old fart but to me there was an underlying vibe I did not care for.

We watched it the other night, and thought it was hilarious. He made fun of everybody, which is exactly the way it should be.

We watched it the other night, and thought it was hilarious. He made fun of everybody, which is exactly the way it should be.

There seems to be a divide on this one... the left hates it the right loves it. I haven't watched it yet, so can't opine on if the subject matter is the cause (but was certainly implied by the commentary I've seen) or not. If that divide is correct, i'll likely fall in the "love it" category.

There seems to be a divide on this one... the left hates it the right loves it. I haven't watched it yet, so can't opine on if the subject matter is the cause (but was certainly implied by the commentary I've seen) or not. If that divide is correct, i'll likely fall in the "love it" category.
I don't remember any specific jokes, but he didn't take it easy on anybody. But yes, the left has pretty much trashed his show.

I'm left(ish). I thought it was pretty funny. Maybe not as all-out-hysterical as @Flint found it, but it was interesting to me to see his perspective. And he wasn't just left-bashing, by any means. There was plenty to go all around the whole spectrum. I thought he made some rather valid points, through his humor.

One of my big gripes is his take on the whole Michael Jackson thing. i thought that was a bit over the top especially when discussing the children effected.

I just finished The Boys. Lisa hated it and bailed after a couple episodes, but I really liked it. We're still working on Bosch and we are a few episodes into The Rook.

One of my big gripes is his take on the whole Michael Jackson thing. i thought that was a bit over the top especially when discussing the children effected.
I was gonna say, that probably was my only problem with his show. I haven't seen the documentary that caused all the controversy, so I know nothing of the kids he was talking about, but you don't give million dollar hush money payments if you are innocent.

I started watching the Sci-Fi series, "Another Life," on Netflix yesterday. I am halfway through the second episode and while the premise, concept, and general sense of situational stress is interesting and compelling, some of the actors are clearly amateurs next to the real pros on the show. Likewise, about a third of the dialog is bizarre and very poorly written. Why a crew of highly trained "best of the best" astronauts immediately start behaving like 12 year old girls who just found out the cute boy is interested in someone they don't like is confusing to me. They leap from incredibly logical and responsible language and actions to stupid and moronically rash behavior in seconds. Its like half the writers have never read a book or seen a good movie.

Because the writing is too often idiotic, the scientific facts I need to accept even though physics demands them impossible are becoming distracting.

I am still on the fence as to whether I truly love this show or absolutely hate it. I struggle to find a middle position because the potential is great.
I watched the first episode yesterday, and I completely get this. Things that transpired just didn't make sense. I don't want to give any spoilers away, but I'm not sure I'll make it past episode 2.

Was looking for something lite and funny to watch last night, so the wife and I started watching Forever on Prime. I'm usually a fan of Maya Rudolph, but this show was awful. I think they call the show Forever because the opening scene takes forever to finish. We watched the first episode and part of second, mostly to try and figure out what the show was about, but didn't get very far into the second episode before giving up on it.

Was looking for something lite and funny to watch last night, so the wife and I started watching Forever on Prime. I'm usually a fan of Maya Rudolph, but this show was awful. I think they call the show Forever because the opening scene takes forever to finish. We watched the first episode and part of second, mostly to try and figure out what the show was about, but didn't get very far into the second episode before giving up on it.

I almost never watch anythhing with Fred Armisen in it. I really don't care for him.

I loved it, but it was meant to seem slow at first as it represents their lives. It gets MUCH faster paced as the show progresses because they have already setup the notion that they are there FOREVER in the early episodes.

I almost never watch anythhing with Fred Armisen in it. I really don't care for him.
Agree completely, but was hoping Maya would help carry the show.
I loved it, but it was meant to seem slow at first as it represents their lives. It gets MUCH faster paced as the show progresses because they have already setup the notion that they are there FOREVER in the early episodes.
I read a synopsis of the show, and liked the concept, just not sure if I can sit through it to see if it gets better for me.

I read a synopsis of the show, and liked the concept, just not sure if I can sit through it to see if it gets better for me.

Well, it is very conceptual. The story allows for impossible situations such as mastering some skill between scene, because the time between scenes can potentially be years or decades.

Well, it is very conceptual. The story allows for impossible situations such as mastering some skill between scene, because the time between scenes can potentially be years or decades.
Maybe I'll give it another shot, but what we did watch was kind of painful.

BTW, did you see The Boys? Only reason I ask, is that a character from Better Off Ted, has a minor roll in the series.

Maybe I'll give it another shot, but what we did watch was kind of painful.

BTW, did you see The Boys? Only reason I ask, is that a character from Better Off Ted, has a minor roll in the series.

Yes, I did watch it, and while I enjoyed it, the social commentary got too nihilistic for me. I posted some of my views on it.

Back