• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

Ended up enabling the comedy central streaming app on my Prime account last night, or at least for the 7 day free trial. One of the shows that I do miss when we cut the cord, was Tosh.0, and maybe it's because it's just the trial version, but it doesn't appear that you can stream the most current season, although it is available for purchase. The previous seasons are listed as Best of, but they appear to be full episodes, so not sure why they are calling them the best of. Don't know if I'll keep it after the 7 days, but at only $3.99 a month, I probably will.

Locke & Key
I read some of the comics for this series and remember liking the surreal feel of the whole thing. I'm 4 episodes in and like it. It's been a LONG time since I read them, so i couldn't tell you how close the parallel each other, but I can see some changes (the books are a bit darker in some areas) and it seems like it moves a bit faster with certain portions of the plot.

Anyway, long story short, I'd give it two episodes and if you don't like it, then you can pass on it. But at least 4 episodes, i'm still totally on board.

lockekey_vertical_teaser_rgb_en-us.jpg

I'm in the middle of Locke&Key, agreed it's a good show, interesting story and good production.

Started watching the second season of Altered Carbon. Had to go back and watch season one again to retain enough background to understand watching season two.

We watched the first three episodes of the second season of Altered Carbon last night. We've been eagerly waiting for this one and it does not disappoint.

Highly recommend "Giri / Haji" as one of the best written and produced TV series I've seen in a VERY long time. If you haven't given it a chance, I cannot say more positive things about it. Give it a chance.

Highly recommend "Giri / Haji" as one of the best written and produced TV series I've seen in a VERY long time. If you haven't given it a chance, I cannot say more positive things about it. Give it a chance.
Looks cool, added to my queue!

Wife and I started Locke and Key yesterday, and we both really like it. Gotta ask though, what's up with young boy and girls changing hair styles?

BTW, this show got me thinking, is Netflix becoming pretty much a kids tv network? A lot of their most popular shows center around high school kids.

We watched the first three episodes of the second season of Altered Carbon last night. We've been eagerly waiting for this one and it does not disappoint.

i remember the basics, stacks and all, but do i have to rewatch season one or youtube a recap instead?

BTW, this show got me thinking, is Netflix becoming pretty much a kids tv network? A lot of their most popular shows center around high school kids.

While they do have a lot of great family-friendly programming, they also have a lot of great adult-oriented programming as well. Altered Carbon is fantastic and I'm pretty sure I don't want my daughter to watch Bonding.

I don't have any kids but there is alot on Netflix that I think are not for kids. A bunch of the comedy stand up programs for an example.

Remember what you see offered is based on past viewing so if you watch a lot of programming geared towards more family friendly programs that will make up a good sized portion of what is initially offered to you

I'm not saying they don't have some offerings towards adults, but their most popular shows do seem to usually revolve around high school kids.

I'm not saying they don't have some offerings towards adults, but their most popular shows do seem to usually revolve around high school kids.

Because... marketing! They need a new audience who is young and will stick with them while Disney + tries to drive them away.

Binged Castlevania season 3 last night. If you like anime at all, I think this one is for you.

With FX now being part of Hulu, I guess it kind of always was, but their shows now show up on Hulu the day after rather than waiting awhile. So I finally got to stream the last season of Archer. Gotta admit, I was kind of disappointed in this season. It wasn't bad, and I liked that it was set in space, but just didn't feel the show had the same chemistry it did in other seasons.

Back