• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

Yoohoo

New season of Bosch on Prime. In my top five shows
I'm really trying not to watch this as I am slowly working my way through all of Michael Connelly's novels. That includes ones with Harry and other characters such as his stepbrother the Lincoln Lawyer , Mickey Haller. When I finally get through everything I will probably watch the series as I like Titus Welliver as an actor.

I'm really trying not to watch this as I am slowly working my way through all of Michael Connelly's novels. That includes ones with Harry and other characters such as his stepbrother the Lincoln Lawyer , Mickey Haller. When I finally get through everything I will probably watch the series as I like Titus Welliver as an actor.
You won't be disappointed. My biggest problem is once I start watching I have to ration th episodes I watch so as to have a longer enjoyable viewing experience.

Bump: Watched the first two episodes which cover what is essentially one case documenting two Mississippi men who were imprisoned for 14-15 years for (linked) crimes which they did not commit and were cleared of by later DNA analysis. Pretty good crime/CSI documentary with a strong social justice component, well researched and kept my attention. Will watch the rest of the episodes for sure.

Bump #2:

Next few episodes of The Innocence Files have been good. With each new episode and case profile they seem to focus on a different law enforcement/legal process or technique that may have some flaws and need to be reevaluated. Things like dental ID, eye witness testimony and things that in the past may have been considered rock solid iron clad legal grounds for conviction but with new DNA testing have been called into question if not profoundly discredited. Very interesting stuff. The documentary makers (and/or Innocence Project lawyers) do not appear to be particularly bias or anti-law enforcement. They are more hell bent on digging up truth if it serves to reverse any injustices they become aware of. Of course there are some large monetary settlements when these wrongful conviction cases get overturned. So who knows. Was the Innocence Project started for altruistic reasons? Or did they see a cash cow opportunity when DNA advances started getting cased overturned. Some of the civil settlements are in the 10 million dollar range. So again who knows. Regardless it seems like a good thing that innocent people are being freed from decades in prison if not life sentences.

Going through a season a day of Bosch. Just started season 3 today. A cool tidbit of the show is his love of Jazz; Art Pepper, Sonny Rollins, etc. His system uses a Marantz 6300 turntable, McIntosh MX110 pre, Mac MC240 driving Ohm Walsh speakers. Cool.

Bump #2:

Next few episodes of The Innocence Files have been good. With each new episode and case profile they seem to focus on a different law enforcement/legal process or technique that may have some flaws and need to be reevaluated. Things like dental ID, eye witness testimony and things that in the past may have been considered rock solid iron clad legal grounds for conviction but with new DNA testing have been called into question if not profoundly discredited. Very interesting stuff. The documentary makers (and/or Innocence Project lawyers) do not appear to be particularly bias or anti-law enforcement. They are more hell bent on digging up truth if it serves to reverse any injustices they become aware of. Of course there are some large monetary settlements when these wrongful conviction cases get overturned. So who knows. Was the Innocence Project started for altruistic reasons? Or did they see a cash cow opportunity when DNA advances started getting cased overturned. Some of the civil settlements are in the 10 million dollar range. So again who knows. Regardless it seems like a good thing that innocent people are being freed from decades in prison if not life sentences.

Will catch up this week.

Going through a season a day of Bosch. Just started season 3 today. A cool tidbit of the show is his love of Jazz; Art Pepper, Sonny Rollins, etc. His system uses a Marantz 6300 turntable, McIntosh MX110 pre, Mac MC240 driving Ohm Walsh speakers. Cool.
Nice to know they are being true to the books. I'd really like to see his house as I have a clear idea in my mind's eye of what it looks like from reading the books!!
Mike

I am rationing myself to 2 episodes per day ( on newest season)

Curb Your Enthusiasm on HBO.

I can't decide if I like it. It's funny but I can only take small doses of Larry David.

I am rationing myself to 2 episodes per day ( on newest season)
Thanks for the rec on this show (Bosch), just started watching it. Am 4 or 5 episodes in and I like it a lot so far! Good character.

Mindhunter on Netflix.

One of the best shows I've seen and can't stop watching. Hopefully finish season 2 tonight.

Enjoy it as things are on hold for season 3.

Sounds like it may be done. May not have a chance to do season 3. There was other news that the producer was committed to some movies and didnt want to leave all the actors hanging so they released them all from their contracts.
Damn I LOVED that show. It was fantastic.

Thanks for the rec on this show (Bosch), just started watching it. Am 4 or 5 episodes in and I like it a lot so far! Good character.
Finished the latest season (6) and IMO the best so far of the series.

Now I have to find something just as good

Finished the latest season (6) and IMO the best so far of the series.

Now I have to find something just as good
I binged more than a bit yesterday, finished the first season...

Back