• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

Watched the first episode. Looks like it could be good but the first episode was a bit slow. I will continue to watch.
I've been watching this too. I like it a lot. Ok it's an odd setting - warrior Spanish Catholics - but IMHO it's well done. It's different, in a good way.

If you like Warrior Nun, check out "Nine Nurturing Ninjas", for a complete flip-flop. :p

Watching Tin Star on Amazon with Tim Roth. His character is interesting kind of a self destructive split personality... mild mannered when sober... a demon when drunk and with a lot of implied shady history and background. Reminds me a little of the Ozark formula... family relocates to small town to get away from their troubles and start fresh but trouble follows them, etc. Roth's character holds it together nicely IMO. About half way through first season there are two seasons.

It's been around for a while (6 seasons on netflix) but I just discovered it... and I'm still on season 1, but I'm enjoying this one a lot:

sphe-community_04-Full-Image_GalleryCover-en-US-1479951126460._UY500_UX667_RI_V1YalXWMp9ugZepHksbF3dV2swR1YuaW_TTW_.jpg

I've been watching this too. I like it a lot. Ok it's an odd setting - warrior Spanish Catholics - but IMHO it's well done. It's different, in a good way.

We binged it over a couple days and liked it. I would not rank it among the best shows out there, but it was well done and entertaining.

QUOTE="mzpro5, post: 253963, member: 81"]

Watched the first episode. Looks like it could be good but the first episode was a bit slow. I will continue to watch.
[/QUOTE]

Finished this today. I liked it. Lots of surprises

Don't know I missed this but just stumbled across this series of Sci-Fi animated short films on Netflix. Each film is between roughly 8-18min. I am about six episodes into the season and enjoying it tremendously. Fair warning plenty of (animated to varying degrees of realism) violence, nudity and gore. Heard there was a second season on the way.

I watched the trailer for Warrior Nun a couple of days ago...now I will have to watch it. I am very far behind just started Better Call Saul I am in the 4th season, really like the show. Tin Star sounds good as well.

anyone watch the new tom hanks movie?

Greyhound?

i dont have apple tv, but im curious. i also dont know if you have to pay for it on top of subscription, which i am ASSUMING you do.

Think Dashiell Hammett and all the 30s and 40s movies. 1932 LA. Perry is not yet a defense attorney bu a PI with mental damage from WWI.

First episode was good. On HBO

This is the best thing on TV. I only hope it follows in the footsteps of other HBO series like Sopranos and lasts for at least 6-7 seasons.

Been enjoying this one a lot - VERY good storytelling IMHO. I've watched and read a gazillion variants on the Arthurian legend. This is an interesting take.

1592543022862_GEH2Q2RCN.2-1.JPG

A new series on Netflix "Home Game " each episode about an unusual sport/game from around the world.

First episode is about a game played in Florence Italy calls calico storico. A combination of football and bare knuckle boxing with 27 players on each team

Ok, now that is just fucked up!!

do we put movies that we watch via netflix here or at the movie thread?

anyways, watched hold the dark, and overall its pretty good storytelling. definitely on the darker end.

side note, why oh why is it that everytime they show a dark thriller it always seems to be in alaska?

i also watched the outsider, jared leto movie.

in a way, i think that his inclusion in the movie was a 'accompaniment' to the main movie itself, and i enjoyed it quite a lot. somewhat a japanese movie with an american tempo so to speak. not as slow as most japanese movies are.

worth my time.

So I just finally finished season 1 of Picard on CBS (I got all-access just for this show). This was a pretty emotional ride for me. I mean, the series itself was pretty good; maybe not exceptional but certainly up to general Star Trek standards (which have varied widely IMHO).

But if there was one fictional series and one "hero" main character that you asked me influenced my late teen/early adult life (TNG came out when I was 17), it would be Captain Picard in TNG. Picard has, since then, been one of my most revered fictional characters ever. So seeing Stewart take up this role again was very moving.

Curious to see whether they'll continue this series... I mean, they left the door open, but it had a strong conclusion, so who knows.

Back