• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What concert/show are you going to?

Tomorrow I am going to an outdoor/amphitheater performance of Shakespeare's "Much ado about nothing."

But more appropriately for this thread, I just got tickets to see Brian Setzer's Big Band at Stubb's outdoor stage in Downtown Austin. Should be a great show!

Tomorrow I am going to an outdoor/amphitheater performance of Shakespeare's "Much ado about nothing."

But more appropriately for this thread, I just got tickets to see Brian Setzer's Big Band at Stubb's outdoor stage in Downtown Austin. Should be a great show!

Brian is another LI NY musician ....Rock On!

Last night I attended a Brian Setzer show at Stubbs BBQ amphitheatre - and it was amazing. Anyone who even remotely enjoys his rockabilly music should catch him on this tour. I didn't see a single person in the crowd who wasnt dancing damn near the entire time because you simply cannot stand still when he is playing. Wow!

Going to Ottawa's Bluesfest tonight.

The highlight, for me, will be seeing Lighthouse for the first time since the '70s.

It means missing out on seeing Blue Rodeo, who are playing the main stage at the same time, but I've seen them dozens of times.

Interestingly... Shaggy was supposed to be the rap / hip-hop headliner today but he cancelled. Bringing in Blue Rodeo instead, on the same stage just after Naughty By Nature, should make for a really interesting blend of attendees - another reason why I'll be happily ensconced on the other side of the festival watching Eat a Peach in advance of Lighthouse.

Jeff

I just purchased 2018-19 season tickets to the Austin Symphony Orchestra's masterworks (classical) concerts (plus two pops concerts which were essentially free at the price I paid). It all starts with a Russian Composer concert in September and should be a hoot. That's 10 performances for me and a lucky companion.

I am excited - first time I've done this, though I've often wanted to do it.

Who is in their currently line up??

Are you seeing them in a small or large venue?

Billy, of course, and I think the original drummer (Jimmy Chamberlin) and guitar player (James Iha), plus a couple touring musicians. No D'arcy.

Large venue (arena).

Back