• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Just finished Ratatouille - again, for the Nth time. Dunno why that movie gets to me so much, maybe the latent foodie in me or something... But I get emotional every time I watch it.

PaulyT said:
maybe the latent foodie in me or something... But I get emotional every time I watch it.

^ This! I luv it too, Pauly. Remy is just too, darn cute!

Remy.png

Also, not that I'm any greatly experienced foodie, but probably about the finest meal I have ever eaten (along with excellent wine) was in the Remy dining room on the Disney Dream cruise ship, several years back.

Over the past couple of weeks or so:

Been giving the HT a big work out recently.

Guardians of the Galaxy
Out of the Furnace
3 Days to Kill
Lone Survivor
Robocop
Book of Eli
Red Dawn
Prisoners
The Wolverine
Catch.44
Transformers, Age of Extinction

Finally got around to watching the first of the Hobbit movies. Not bad! Long yeah, but if you go in with that expectation and, like me, don't remember much detail from having read the book decades ago, it's a pretty decent movie.

PaulyT said:
Finally got around to watching the first of the Hobbit movies. Not bad! Long yeah, but if you go in with that expectation and, like me, don't remember much detail from having read the book decades ago, it's a pretty decent movie.

Is that the , "desolation of smaug" i think I watched that on an airplane last year? However, whilst in the theatre a few days ago to see a different movie with my kids they had the trailer for the latest(last) hobbit movie. They were interviewing Orlando Bloom (Legolas) who said something to the effect "even though Legolas is not mentioned in the Hobbit book , one could imagine him in that realm" i just sghed and shook my head. I think Jackson did a fantastic job with the Lord of the Rings franchise, however I think he beat a dead horse with the Hobbit franchise.
Mike

PS: I watched "Searching for Sugar Man" last night. Just to stay on topic!!!

Desolation of Smaug is #2... probably will catch that later this week.

Ha! Just finished watching Smaug - couldn't wait. ;) It's all one long story so there's not much distinction from one movie to the next... but certainly more is happening in the second movie as the plot progresses.

Interesting that Cumberbatch plays both Smaug and Necromancer/Sauron. And that the fellow who played Watson to Cumberbatch's Sherlock, is Bilbo.

Just watched "Maze Runner" pretty good flick that I knew nothing about but a friend whose linked in with me on Vudu added the title and I rather enjoyed it. Movie left on a cliff hanger so I assume this movie is part of a trilogy like Hunger Games. Worthy of watching as it had drama, action and some scary scenes of giant spider like creatures. It was free for me and not sure if worth actually buying yourself but definitely worth a rental and deciding for yourself.

Good call! Ratatouille is one of my all time favorites.

I haven't seen any of Hobbit movies yet. I'm figuring I'll buy the set and watch them over a weekend someday.

I binge-watched my way through a bunch of documentaries on Netflix over the last couple of weeks. I'm now pretty set for any trivial pursuit questions dealing with things that swim in the ocean, ancient civilizations, the Cosmos, climate change, civil rights, corrupt bankers, rock groups named after birds, and most of the wars (drugs, terrorists) that the U.S. has fought (overtly and covertly) over the last three decades.

Slightly off-thread, I've also made time to dig into a few British "police" television shows including "Luther,""DCI Banks," and now "Vera." They've all been superb.

Oh yeah, I've also watched "The Equalizer,""Fury," and "Maleficent." Lot's of shit gets blown up in all three! :)

Jeff

I'll take "Rock groups named after birds", for $600, Alex.
:mrgreen:

Um, the Eagles, the Jayhawks, Budgie, Counting Crows, The Chickens, Chickenlips, (those last two local), um, Robin Hitchcock, uh....

:oops: that's all I got....

Botch said:

Um, the Eagles, the Jayhawks, Budgie, Counting Crows, The Chickens, Chickenlips, (those last two local), um, Robin Hitchcock, uh....

How could you forget the Dixie Chicks - to name but one?!

And it you got Counting Crows, what about The Black Crows, Sheryl Crow, Murder of Crows, and The Old Crow Medicine Show?

Surely you grooved to A Flock of Seagulls?

And the most obvious of all? The Yardbirds?

Jeff

:)

I should've caught Flock of Seagulls, and possibly the first two Crows (haven't heard of the other two).
A Dixie Chick is a girl from the south, not a bird.
And I thought a yardbird was a prisoner, but my Macbook also includes "chicken" in its definitions.
(and I'm glad you didn't include the Byrds... ;) )

JeffMackwood said:
Botch said:

How could you forget the Dixie Chicks - to name but one?!

And it you got Counting Crows, what about The Black Crows, Sheryl Crow, Murder of Crows, and The Old Crow Medicine Show?

Surely you grooved to A Flock of Seagulls?

And the most obvious of all? The Yardbirds?

Jeff

:)

Does Chickenfoot count??

Yea Baby!!

:music-rockout: :happy-smileygiantred: :music-rockout:

PaulyT said:
I'm kinda surprised nobody's really talked about this one here... but I thought Maleficent was an extraordinary movie. I loved how they worked in the original Disney flick. And the effects, and acting, and sound... all top notch IMHO. My family and I really, really enjoyed this. Truly well done.

61ZamaWQnLL.jpg

Just finished this one. It was definitely a good watch. Very well done. I am now watching the extras which I rarely do.
Very good, thanks for the recommendation Pauly.

Back