• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

watched john wick...

er.... i had high hopes on this one, based on a number of great comments about it, and how 'revenge' seems to be the topic of 2014 aside from sci fi flicks, it felt a bit tad short. dont get me wrong, it was a great flick, but kinda felt a bit comicish (without ruining it, you will see it yourself), and im saying it in a humorous way, not complimenting manner.

its a great movie, rented it via psn, but kinda saved my dough and hoping to buy it when it drops in price. wierd part is, equalizer i dropped dime without skipping a beat. this one was....

well, i hope yall like it. certain scenes popped out, but not as fluid as id like it to be.

Just posted this quick reply on Facebook on the new Criterion Collection of one of my all time favorite movies. "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.
Basically Criterion released a 4K version of the original 163 minute theatrical version and also did a HD version of the 197 lost "Road Show version" which was pieced together from the VHS Extended edition 187 minute version never released on DVD or Bluray and some other lost footage not seen since 1963c

Well just watched it and it was unique for a better word. First off the original 163 minute theatrical version was 4k mastered. The Road show version was just HD transferred and for some reason the extra 34 minutes of lost footage was not. They just added that lost footage to the 197 minute road show version. Now what's funny is I owned the VHS extended edition of this movie which included some of this "lost footage" but not all and I believe that version was 187 minutes but the VHS version had better editing and smoother transition than the "Road Show version" what's even more bizarre is they had some scenes that had audio but no video so they showed still photos during those scenes to fill in but it did fill in a few gaps and answer some questions if you just saw the theatrical version. I did watch part of the 4K theatrical version and it was stunning like it was shot yesterday but the Road Show version was very distracting when you would see this beautiful HD image then it would just switch to the VHS version for the "lost footage".

One of the highlights was the opening song where all you had was a black screen and just heard about three minutes of the main title song you never heard before and it was hilarious. A tad racist to foreigners if you ask me but still worthy of a listen. Also during the intermission you got to hear some funny police transmissions reporting the status of everyone involved and their progress. Worthy of a watch if you've never seen the entire film at least once but once watched I would go back to the 4K mastered theatrical version as it is all just beautifully shot without the annoying distractions. Overall a great film and with all Criterion films tons of extras about the film I never knew existed.

I must say, I enjoyed this. Total madness, but very compelling.

I didn't care for the beat 'em to a pulp scenes. But, with this movie, it goes with the plot.

fight-club-400x400-imad7chv64ejq5xe.jpeg

Jomari I just watched John Wick and I loved this movie. Loved the action and storyline and what happens when you push a man to his limits and awakens a sleeping giant (or trained killer). As someone who trained in karate for 27 years I thought the martial arts were first rate and not too over the top. Yeah some of the kill scenes were comic bookish but still very entertaining. Loved the acting by everyone involved and the bond and "rules" that serial killers had to abide by or face the consequences. Loved the "cleaner" who got paid in gold coins and by making "dinner reservations" yes table for 12 please. Awesome movie.

Kids had Friday off. It was a Miyazaki filmfest, Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.

51KXTH5HPHL.jpg

51LfPGcHqrL.jpg

Wow...just wow!!
515A2S89QHL.jpg

MatthewB said:
Finally watched "Gone Girl" with Ben Affleck loved this movie till the very end which pissed me off because well I don't want to give it away but when the credits started to roll I was like "Hell No, that's it". Karma needed to be done hardcore. Great movie though and just goes to show marriage is hard and Tyler Perry actually did a great job as a lawyer.

i got the chance to see this earlier while playing iron man, and dude, you are completely correct. this movie was a great flick to watch, a bit painful at times (i had a crush on the leading actress at one point), and well, as you said, karma bus shouldve been there pronto.

MatthewB said:
Jomari I just watched John Wick and I loved this movie. Loved the action and storyline and what happens when you push a man to his limits and awakens a sleeping giant (or trained killer). As someone who trained in karate for 27 years I thought the martial arts were first rate and not too over the top. Yeah some of the kill scenes were comic bookish but still very entertaining. Loved the acting by everyone involved and the bond and "rules" that serial killers had to abide by or face the consequences. Loved the "cleaner" who got paid in gold coins and by making "dinner reservations" yes table for 12 please. Awesome movie.

totally forgot about that, but i love the premise. kinda like lucky number slevin, it takes a certain kind of viewer to love that flick as well. others go meh, but i kinda enjoyed it a lot.

i might buy it now considering...

I was digging Gone Girl until about the 2/3 mark and just had moment after moment of eye rolls after that. Agree on the ending too, some definite karma needed to roll through...

I know right! It also felt kinda forced, like inwamted to tell so many angles show side stories and tried to keep in lieu to her.

anyways I also agree that the lawyer did a great job too. Im kinda bizaared out now with the main character. She was so beautiful until I saw this... :angry-tappingfoot:

Joms if there are any words of wisdom I can say to you its this. The prettier they are the more batshit crazy they will be too. Can't have one without the other.

watched real steel.

man there were moments there as a parent pinches your heart.

rs10.jpg

or maybe i have a soft spot for boxing movies, or inspirational movies, or robots.

yup. robots.

^^The opening scene was shot on a farm not to far from here. I remember seeing the setup when they were shooting.

Huey said:
^^The opening scene was shot on a farm not to far from here. I remember seeing the setup when they were shooting.

That's cool!

A small sidenote, the movie with John Travolta and Dustin Hoffman, mad city, was filmed here at our hotel. :happy-smileygiantred:

^--- Great movie! It's French, with subtitles of course (though I could understand some of it). Based on a true story. It's about a guy from the French equivalent of "the hood" who ends up working for a very rich paraplegic (injured in a parasailing accident), and how they get along. It's well acted, and surprisingly funny.

paddington-movie-poster.jpeg

Had some time to kill, so walked into a movie theater with my younger daughter and this was the only thing remotely appropriate that I could find. I had no idea what it was about - or hell even that this movie existed, yeah I don't get out much - so had no expectations. But we both loved it! It was surprisingly well done, I thought. Ok yeah not exactly HT demo movie material, but a good story, decent effects overall, a number of familiar actors/actresses (though I couldn't place the main villain-ess until the credits rolled), and actually quite funny even from an adult perspective. Very good family movie IMHO, one that I'll be buying when it comes out.

Back