• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Babs said:
Getting ready to watch this...

thor-20110711100940113.jpg

Zing is even giving me the money spot! :happy-smileygiantred:

I had to read your comment twice, as I was about to say Go Zing!

Went with the wife and kids yesterday to see this. It was much better than I expected. Haven't been buying many blurays lately, but this will definitely be a purchase when it comes out.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3biFxZIJOQ[/youtube]

I watched "X-Men: First Class" yesterday on the plane from Washington, DC, to Dallas/Ft. Worth. What an incredibly terrible movie. I mean, what the hell was that? Was it written by people who just wanted to find some stupid way to create cool scenes to film (or create in computers)?

If I met the people responsible for that steaming pile of shit in a bar I would punch each of them in the throat - and I know it was written by a committee.

The Lego Movie

sq_lego_movie_ver9.jpg

This is a PG animation that adults can also enjoy. Very entertaining. The pace is really fast and often the actions are easy to miss. It's got good plot and the message. The twist towards the end was a pleasant surprise. Nice audio especially the surround sound during actions. Very well done.

4 stars out of 5 from me. :handgestures-thumbupright:

PS. Spoiler alert!!!
So, Batman (the character in this movie, not you Bat) never really had a thing going on with the gal?

Zing said:
20-feet-from-stardom-blu-ray.jpg

Wow! Just wow.

6 stars out of 5.

^ Last night. Zing's second view, my first. I couldn't agree more with Zing's star review on this one.

The extrodanaire talent regarding back-up vocalists is often missed. The story line in this puts it all into perspective. It reminded me of 'Standing in the Shadows of Motown'.

Saw Hunger Games: Mocking Jay Pt1 last night...sigh, my kid Zach loves these movies. I absolutely hated the first one a few years ago and felt the second was much better and more engaging. This one fits somewhere in between for me. I'm still not a huge fan of the series but didnt feel like I wasted my $. To me, it wouldve benefitted from a little more action. If you enjoyed the first two I see no reason why you wouldn't enjoy this.

* I have not read the books.

We'll be heading out to see Mockingjay in about 30 minutes...

We did watch Snowpiercer this morning. Not bad, nothing I'd go out of my way to see again though.

We saw Mockingjay Part I in an AMC Prime theater with Dolby Atmos and I'm now seriously thinking of adding butt kickers to the front seats of our theater. I've read the books and would rate them in the same order as they came out. As for the movies, right now I'd rank this third one as my favorite, possibly because of my feelings for the book and thus low expectations. The first movie is easily my least favorite of the three.

Babs said:
Zing said:
20-feet-from-stardom-blu-ray.jpg

Wow! Just wow.

6 stars out of 5.

^ Last night. Zing's second view, my first. I couldn't agree more with Zing's star review on this one.

The extrodanaire talent regarding back-up vocalists is often missed. The story line in this puts it all into perspective. It reminded me of 'Standing in the Shadows of Motown'.

We have this in the "to watch" pile and hope to get to it soon. I loved "Standing in the shadows of Motown", thanks for the comparison.

Dennie

We are all a bit sick this weekend, so we did a marathon yesterday:

The Giver: somewhat formulaic post-apocalyptic dystopia. Think The Island meets Divergent. Family friendly and watchable, but nothing special.

How to Train Your Dragon 2: we loved it in the theater and it held up in the subsequent screening. Well written and well executed.

Burlesque: this one is a favorite and this was probably our third or fourth viewing. The plot outline is almost identical to Rock of Ages, but the film has a completely different feel. Cher is brilliant. You watch this, then realize that she was 64 when she made it and your jaw drops. Christina Aguilera is in top vocal form and more than a little sexy. It is a fun little movie with a great cast and solid chemistry.

22 Jump Street.

About what I expected. Not the biggest waste of 90 minutes I have ever experienced. Fairly funny.

After seeing the preview for Pitch Perfect 2 before Mockingjay, decided to check out Pitch Perfect. I had never heard of it before. Once it ended we started it again and watched it twice. Will definitely be buying it; I'm a sucker for movies with great music. Dirty Dancing is far and away the most watched movie in our theater (unless Ang sneaks down and watches Magic Mike more often than I'm aware)...

CMonster said:
After seeing the preview for Pitch Perfect 2 before Mockingjay, decided to check out Pitch Perfect. I had never heard of it before. Once it ended we started it again and watched it twice. Will definitely be buying it; I'm a sucker for movies with great music. Dirty Dancing is far and away the most watched movie in our theater (unless Ang sneaks down and watches Magic Mike more often than I'm aware)...

My entire family loves Pitch Perfect and will definitely go see the sequel. I think my favorite part is when the crazy Asian chick starts making snow angels in the vomit.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I really enjoyed it. Fun.
Guardians of the Galaxy. Loved it in the theater. Held up to a second viewing. A new favorite.

Back