• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Took the family to see Paddington Bear a couple of weeks ago, was pleasantly surprised at how much we all liked it. Very cute movie, although I don't remember Nicole Kidmans boobs being so big before.

paddington is one of my most memorable childhood friends. i grew up with him and always brings a great big warmth in my chest when i see him.

im glad its getting great reviews.

I saw Fifty Shades of Grey yesterday. A little slow but not as horrible as its Rotten Tomatoes rating. I'm mainly just posting this to knock the Squirrels thread from the top of the Active Topics...

I've been sick for more than a week, so I've had a lot of time to binge watch.

Winter's Bone, John Wick, The Boxtrolls, Lucy, Chef, The Blues Brothers, The Equalizer, Transcendence and Fury. I also watched the entire first season of Mozart in the Jungle (Amazon Original), the entire first season of Orphan Black, several episodes of Marco Polo (Netflix, VERY good so far), several episodes of Justified, about half the first season of The 100 (with my daughter), a few episodes of Transparent (Amazon) and a few episodes of Leverage among other things.

hoflydg4.jpg

Just finished watching House of Flying Daggers. And... wow. This one touched me nearly as much as Hero (same director, which is why I got this one), though in a different way. Hero is the most amazing artistic visual movie I've seen. HoFD is... more personal, but in its own way, just as profound. Some of the filming is nearly on the same level as Hero. Great use of color, though in a slightly different style, not as monochromatic as Hero. But very effective. The acting though... really fantastic. And the ending really moved me. I won't say any more than that, because you should see it if you haven't.

FYI, I found it fascinating that the vocals on the main theme, as the movie ended and the credits rolled, were performed by Kathleen Battle. I mentioned earlier that some of the violin on Hero was done by Itzhak Perlman. Well, as it happens one of my very favorite classical recordings is a set of Bach duets by Perlman and Battle:

000bde70_medium.jpeg

Not directly relevant to the movies, but still I thought that was an interesting connection.

Edit: one of the main male characters, Takeshi Kaneshiro, was the main guy in Red Cliff. And of course, Ziyi Zhang - the female lead - was in Hero and Crouching Tiger.

watched Maleficent last night,

Man, that movie was great. I loved every bit of it. except the fact that Angelina was super duper skinny for this one. kind of a turn off.

Aurora tho, was amazing, she definitely had one of those smiles that show a heft of warmth.

Yes...Babs finally watched this with Zing, in its entirety!! I am loving the HULK, but my heart is always with THOR!!

12rBh.jpg

I love your new avatar, Babs, what a clever setup/shot. :handgestures-thumbup:

I must have caught what Haywood had, as today is the first day I've been back to work since last Wednesday. Did give me a chance to catch up on some movies that had been sitting in the DVR. I watched Transcendence yesterday, ok movie with a good cast, but it just seemed to be missing something. Also watched Elysium, visual good looking movie just pretty unbelievable. Also watched the reboot of Spiderman, which was good, but I think I like Tobey McGuire better as Spiderman. Also watched The Wolverine, and hated the shaky camera work on it during the fight scenes.

Botch said:

I have Zing to thank for that one, he titled it "A Drop of Italy". Thanks to you, and Zing. :D

Babs said:
Botch said:

I have Zing to thank for that one, he titled it "A Drop of Italy". Thanks to you, and Zing. :D

Then, a double-congrats to Zing! Well-done, Sir!!! :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

I deserve no credit. I didn't take that shot, I merely found it online, resized it and changed its name from bgadsregdnjskdlfoelsdhjw93216578.jpg to something simpler.

Pauly I love House of Flying Dragons is awesome. The bean drum scene at the beginning is a surround sound treat. Actually most of the movie is audio nirvana. Surprised you've never heard of this one it's been out for a decade.

Ha! The list of movies I haven't seen is extensive...

Snowed in this afternoon, watched The Croods (better than I expected), and Roger Rabbit (not quite as good as I remembered).

I truly enjoyed the first one. I liked it's slap-stick, stupid, ignorant and gross humor. Number TO, as stated, wasn't awful, IMO. It WAS Lloyd & Harry, period.

I rarely find this type of movie funny, but Jim Carrey & Jeff Daniels really connect with their characters as actors. For me, that is what draws me in.

81EXdey3PEL._SX425_.jpg

Back