• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

PaulyT said:
7534.Hansel_2D00_and_2D00_Gretel_2D00_Witch_2D00_Hunters_2D00_2013_2D00_Official_2D00_Trailer.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

After a day of serious classical music, I needed some brain-unwinding time... this was perfect. ;) Although really not such a bad movie; I enjoyed it very much.

Yeah, saw this a few weeks back and it was much more enjoyable than I expected.

PaulyT said:
7534.Hansel_2D00_and_2D00_Gretel_2D00_Witch_2D00_Hunters_2D00_2013_2D00_Official_2D00_Trailer.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

After a day of serious classical music, I needed some brain-unwinding time... this was perfect. ;) Although really not such a bad movie; I enjoyed it very much.

I kind of like this one too, it's got just enough bite to keep it fun.

10219892-1349870138-763320.png

Just finished another classic - first time the kids had seen this one. Loved it! We got the trilogy BD set, watched the first one tonight. I'm not a big video guy, but it seemed the BD transfer on this one is really good, PQ and SQ were excellent esp. for a mid-1980's movie.

my brain fart was Expendables 3.

definitely a leave your brain at the door kinda movie.

it was cheesy, of course, but not too bad. i actually liked it. of course, i did watch this on a tv screen without the 5.1 experience, but i had a blast. some good one liners, great memories of most of them (if you will notice, he did a number of movies with the people in the line up, so that was good)

anyways, great rental.

Jomari that is a movie that screams for subwoofers HD surround sound. Especially the building shootout with the tanks.

I just picked up Interstellar, which I hope to watch this weekend. Also, Into the Woods, which we saw in the theater and liked.

Haywood said:
I just picked up Interstellar, which I hope to watch this weekend. Also, Into the Woods, which we saw in the theater and liked.
I CANNOT wait to watch Interstellar in the Batcave!!!

Batman said:
Haywood said:
I CANNOT wait to watch Interstellar in the Batcave!!!

I snagged a Vudu HDX copy for $7.75 the other day on one of my UV sites. My long-term plan for getting true Blu-Ray quality in my HT is a Kaleidescape Alto. I'm just waiting for them to iron out a few more content deals and for the price of the box to drop a bit.

Interstellar was a fantastic movie with ridiculous LFE. I need to watch it on Blu-Ray just to hear what it sounds like with a lossless audio track. Even with just plain old Dolby Digital, the bass was just nuts. The use of sound in the film was masterful, including the use of silence. Fantastic movie. Great plot. Slightly trippy. LOVED it.

Haywood said:
The use of sound in the film was masterful, including the use of silence.

Sounds a bit like my favorite movie, 2001: A Space Odyssey. May have to pick this one up during the pre-Christmas sales. :text-thankyoublue:

Haywood said:
Interstellar was a fantastic movie with ridiculous LFE. I need to watch it on Blu-Ray just to hear what it sounds like with a lossless audio track. Even with just plain old Dolby Digital, the bass was just nuts. The use of sound in the film was masterful, including the use of silence. Fantastic movie. Great plot. Slightly trippy. LOVED it.
Hans Zimmer really delivered on that score too....the music during the docking scene near the last 20-30 mins added to the intensity of the situation in a way I haven't seen in a film very often.

Botch said:
Haywood said:
The use of sound in the film was masterful, including the use of silence.

Sounds a bit like my favorite movie, 2001: A Space Odyssey. May have to pick this one up during the pre-Christmas sales. :text-thankyoublue:

This movie is by no means a rip off of 2001, but it really reminded me of it strongly at times. Not in the plot. More in the themes and execution.

Haywood I also bought Interstellar for 7.75 you and I must go to the same sites for HDX movies.

Saw "Into the Woods" last night and me and the GF hated it. It was too quirky the songs weren't that great and a very dark movie. I don't know what I was expecting but loved Jonnie Depp as the big bad wolf (thou his song was uber creepy about wanting the fresh young female whose "bumps" haven't developed yet). Too bad his whole onscreen time was like less than five minutes.

I just didn't like it overall.

MatthewB said:
Haywood I also bought Interstellar for 7.75 you and I must go to the same sites for HDX movies.

We should keep each other updated on good movie sites. I have a bunch in my list, but the ones I use the most are Movie Lovers (aka Lilly's Movie Pad), Watch the Wolf, UV Sale, UV Grab and UV Codes for Sale (a bit pricey, but sometimes has things others don't).

Haywoo those are the exact same ones I use. Haven't really sought out any others as some sites don't look really that trustworthy but never had any issues from the sites we both use.

MatthewB said:
Haywoo those are the exact same ones I use. Haven't really sought out any others as some sites don't look really that trustworthy but never had any issues from the sites we both use.

I have a few others I use once in awhile, but they do not normally have as good a selection and some of them ship slower.

I've seen this before, but this has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. I don't remember Steven Segal being so cheesy, but Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey steal this movie. It's too bad Gary wasn't wearing a helmet when he got into that motor cycle accident, because he could play crazy like no other.

Attachments

• undersiege.jpg
    undersiege.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 826
I am sitting out on the patio at my fav beer tap bar drinking an Austin brewery classic - Live Oak Heffe

Back