• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Getting ready to fire up Interstellar on BD tonight. I've voiced my opinion on the movie back in November, no need to rehash that. I'm most anxious to HEAR it in the Batcave! :happy-smileygiantred:

I can't watch this yet. I want Batman like focus on this movie. No disruption no wife commentary track. Just the movie. I have bee looming over this more than the hobbit.

Haven't seen that one either.

I'm happy to say that after watching Interstellar last night that they cleaned up the dialogue when they mixed the BD soundtrack. The biggest complaint amongst viewers when it was in theaters was that the score overpowered the dialogue in some scenes. That is no longer the case. I had no issues distinguishing what was said during the same two scenes in which I had issues on the 3 occasions I saw it it at the theater.

We watched this one yesterday afternoon.

PQ/SQ - Awesome............

Attachments

• exodus.jpg
    exodus.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 694
Then this one last night................almost 4hrs, what a classic!

Attachments

• 211tencommandments_scan_single_hires.jpg
    211tencommandments_scan_single_hires.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 685
i-frankenstein-poster_138908704700.jpg

Just finished "I, Frankenstein" - pretty good, I thought. Had no idea what to expect, but I liked the story, decent effects with a cool style. Overall a good action flick.

actually not as bad as people called it out to be.

sorta like Jonah hex, I liked that movie too. but then again I like a lot of things others don't.

leather.

I liked "I, Frankenstein" for what it was. Goes in the same general bucket as "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" and "Van Helsing."

Haywood said:
I liked "I, Frankenstein" for what it was. Goes in the same general bucket as "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" and "Van Helsing."

ooohhhhh!!!!! van helsing! prewolverine stuff. :happy-smileygiantred:

how'd you feel about the blade series?

Its weird how at times, some of the good movies back then, somehow, at one point in the future, loses its luster and becomes a blah kinda movie. I didn't feel that way with van helsing or even League of extraordinary gentlemen...

Haywood said:
I need to get League. It was the last film Sean Connery ever made.

interesting! I did not know that. thank you sir!

for what its worth, I saw it in walmarts 7.88 bin that was er... I think a trio or a double set, including another movie. hope this helps.

Huey said:
Haywood said:
I need to get League. It was the last film Sean Connery ever made.

Have you seen it? It was an ok movie, I just had higher hopes for it.

theres a lot not to like about it actually,

weaker storyline, not even close to the comic book... bad transfer.... so on so forth... but its one of those good 'i kept it a shoe box under my bed' kinda collection...

another one?

Street kings.

Little tidbit. Sean Connery turned down the role of Morpheus of the Matrix series as he thought the movie would bomb and chose League because after he realized his mistake of The Matrix he thought League (which was also to be a trilogy) would be very successful. Oops.

Watched House of Flying Daggers (again) - great movie. Still not as good as Hero, IMHO, but still fantastic. With all the restrictions on Chinese culture these days, I'm amazed they can put out movies like this; not in a technical sense, but in terms of the sentiments expressed. Not exactly communist manifesto, here.

PaulyT said:
Watched House of Flying Daggers (again) - great movie. Still not as good as Hero, IMHO, but still fantastic. With all the restrictions on Chinese culture these days, I'm amazed they can put out movies like this; not in a technical sense, but in terms of the sentiments expressed. Not exactly communist manifesto, here.

most of the movies from that time frame were made in hong kong, not mainland. mainland Chinese movies tho do have limitations so to speak.

A friend recommended this to us...

poster.jpg

Zing & Babs really enjoyed it! A great movie for anyone who appreciates wine, along with a storyline that makes a family dream come true.

Back