• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

91chrv5YlFL._SX425_.jpg

I had no expectations whatsoever about this movie. I haven't read a review, I don't recall seeing it mentioned or discussed here, I'm not even sure what made me buy it but I'm glad I did.

Good old fashioned vigilante justice by a real badass. What's not to like?

Zing said:
I had no expectations whatsoever about this movie. I haven't read a review, I don't recall seeing it mentioned or discussed here, I'm not even sure what made me buy it but I'm glad I did.

Good old fashioned vigilante justice by a real badass. What's not to like?

had a brief discussion about it starting on page 70...

glad you liked the movie!

Bought the Wedding Ringer with Kevin Hart and that Hot chick from The Big Bang Theory. Hadn't heard anything about this movie and it was a blind buy for me on Vudu. Holy smokes was this movie hilarious. It was so wrong and twisted and I couldn't stop laughing. Kevin Hart plays a man who make s a living pretending to be your best man when your a sad suck who has no real friends and for a certain fee(s) he'll give an awesome toast at your wedding with a slide show making it seem like your this bad ass whose lived a life of adventure before you settled down with the woman of your dreams.

I normally shouldn't laugh so hard at sick and twisted humor but I haven't laughed this hard since I saw The Hangover.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,002
Watched "Selma" tonight what a pretty powerful movie and considering all that's going on with all the riots it's hard not to compare MLK's vision of how people should deal with issues and not resort to wanton violence and destruction. Never heard of the actor who played MLK but man he did a fantastic job and it was a great history lesson for me as I had never heard of Selma before and the significance of what happened there.

Introduced my 9 1/2 year old daughter to her first "scary" movie yesterday....Jurassic Park.

First time viewing the Blu-ray on my projector and surround sound.....the sound was great. Could clearly hear insects all over the room when in the jungle.

Daughter held up quite well. She thought the scene in the kitchen with the raptors and the kids was a little intense. No nightmares though.

watched

Last Knights

with Clive owen and Morgan Freeman, decent, for what it was and the challenges it had in the end (they ran out of budget at one point)...

not bad, but definitely a good rental.

Black Hat

with Thor.

Not. Good. Painful. even for those who understand computers.

Pain. Full.

MatthewB said:
Bought the Wedding Ringer with Kevin Hart and that Hot chick from The Big Bang Theory. Hadn't heard anything about this movie and it was a blind buy for me on Vudu. Holy smokes was this movie hilarious. It was so wrong and twisted and I couldn't stop laughing. Kevin Hart plays a man who make s a living pretending to be your best man when your a sad suck who has no real friends and for a certain fee(s) he'll give an awesome toast at your wedding with a slide show making it seem like your this bad ass whose lived a life of adventure before you settled down with the woman of your dreams.

I normally shouldn't laugh so hard at sick and twisted humor but I haven't laughed this hard since I saw The Hangover.

I just snagged this from Watch the Wolf for $5.99 on the strength of your recommendation.

latest

Star Trek - 2009

Just finished watching this again, it's been several years. And wow, I enjoyed the hell out of this movie. More than I remember from the first time I watched it. I thought in retrospect they did an amazing job of "reanimating" the old characters.

Two scenes/quotes struck me as particularly hilarious, to the point where I was laughing so hard tears were streaming down my face (ok I've have a drink or two but still...) :

1)

Old/future Spock to present/young Kirk: "I am Spock."

Kirk ... after a very long pause ... : "Bullshit."

2) Old/future Spock to present/young Spock: "Since my customary farewell would seem oddly self-serving, I will simply say... good luck."

Ok you gotta be a big Star Trek nerd to appreciate these, especially #2, but ... yeah that's me.

Yeah Haywood that movie was a nice surprise for me as I had heard nothing about it.

Just watched "The Raid 2" a Japanese action film. I loved the first one which the remake "Judge Dredd" totally stole the entire film from. Seriously Judge Dredd remake was almost an exact copy of The Raid which was better.

Now the Raid 2 was a very very violent and brutal movie that had a lot of Quintin Tarantino themes behind it but was far more violent than Tarantino. This time our hero cop is put in prison so that he can befriend the son of a mob boss and infiltrate the gang. I loved loved this subtitled movie and was really surprised at how good the martial arts and action scenes were done. You don't have to see the first one to enjoy this movie but it does help with the back story.

Great action movie and did I mention violent. They have this one smoking hot killer who uses two hammers as her weapons of destruction and she has a deaf brother who wields a baseball bat like a Jedi master and is not bad killing people with the baseball either.

We rented the Wedding Ringer based on discussions here, and we liked it as much as you guys did. BTW, there is a pic on Doug's desk during the opening scene of the movie, kind of surprised they used this pic as it probably cost them more in licensing the pic than just taking a new pic, but I actually have had it saved to my hard drive for some time. They just used her head in the movie, and I'll post the pic in the nsfw section.

Ok so both my girls were home sick today with fever, and they insisted we watch Pitch Perfect. I was skeptical and almost didn't watch it, but I did - and actually enjoyed it very much. Some pretty good singing even if half of them were lip syncing. :eusa-whistle: Still, much better than I expected.

61JfsFZflQL.jpg

MatthewB said:
I see a man card being revoked at the next GTG.

I have no idea what you are talking about, because Pitch Perfect is a great comedy. My favorite scene is when the crazy Asian chick makes a snow angel in a huge pile of vomit.

^Yeah, we've watched it countless times and have bookmarks set for all the singing performances so we can just jump through those if we don't want to watch the entire movie.

CMonster said:
^Yeah, we've watched it countless times and have bookmarks set for all the singing performances so we can just jump through those if we don't want to watch the entire movie.

Yeah I thought the (Bruno Mars?) song they did in the empty pool towards the end of the movie (shortly after the barf scene ;) ) was particularly good singing and arrangement; it was the musical highlight for me.

This:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpYccBQH-Lg[/youtube]

Finally got around to seeing this... yeah I know I'm a year or two behind.

068569.jpg

PaulyT said:
This:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpYccBQH-Lg[/youtube]

I really enjoyed the first half of that. The song ended, and the printed credits said something like "Okay, now let's remix this"; same video replayed but with no sound whatsoever. What am I missing here? :think:

Back