• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Caught the new Guardians movie with my wife and son yesterday. Very entertaining, and the movie looks and sounds great. Will be a first day purchase for sure. I had one problem with the plot, but don't want to say for fear of revealing spoilers.

I caught this at a matinee yesterday. Very enjoyable. If I gave the first one a 100 I would give this one a 90 mainly because it was a bit formulaic via the first one and I thought the use of the 70-80's music (a genre I like vary much) was a bit overdone. but still liked the film and will most likely purchase when it becomes available.

71UL%2BQqm0dL._SY445_.jpg

Awesome in 4k HDR!

I use Pacific Rim as 1080p demo material so I bet you're right!

I have 4K display but not HDR and no HDR disc player so I'll have to take your word for it.

I pre ordered John Wick 2 but I get such cheap prices I have to wait two weeks longer than the day of digital release. I've preordered Ghost in the Shell and Life for 6.00/each The Lego Batman movie for 6.45 as mentioned I'm getting John Wick in a week along with Collide and Beauty and the Beast coming soon.

I did watch "Get Out" tonight and was very surprised how much I liked it. Michelle thought it was dumb but since her taste of movies are limited to romantic comedies I never take what she says about movies seriously. But it was rather enjoyable. Tonight it's going to be Fist Fight with Ice Cube followed by The Great Wall

Life was just terrible. A very subpar Alien knock-off IMHO. I'll be curious to see if you like it, Matt.

I can't think of many - maybe not any? - movies that I've watched more times than this one. Daughter wanted to see it again, so we watched it this afternoon.

large_elDCZNBSZFHncpYThVdNM73c0P.jpg

But in all the times I've seen it, I somehow never realized that Mark Knopfler did the music. Wow! That's cool.

Watched John Wick 2 tonight. It was very good but I still loved the first one better. The first had a better understanding of why John was so pissed. This was just him having to repay a debt with tons of violence. Don't get wrong it was still very good and movie ended with there most likely being a third. Still a good Saturday afternoon movie.

Kudos to the more realistic death scenes with tons of blood and brain matter flying and Ruby Rose is always smoking hot. Her as a deaf mute just made her hotter.

Watched John Wick 2 tonight. It was very good but I still loved the first one better. The first had a better understanding of why John was so pissed. This was just him having to repay a debt with tons of violence. Don't get wrong it was still very good and movie ended with there most likely being a third. Still a good Saturday afternoon movie.

Kudos to the more realistic death scenes with tons of blood and brain matter flying and Ruby Rose is always smoking hot. Her as a deaf mute just made her hotter.

thought the same thing! finally finished watching it a night ago. it was a great movie, but felt a bit 'forced'. i wish at times the action scenes were a tad shorter. just a tad. but aside from this, it was fun. good times and worth my double dip.

Saw Wonder Woman last night. Really enjoyable. Still not quite the "home run" that DC needs but its by far the best DC movie since the Dark Knight Trilogy. To put it in a better context, I gave Man of Steel and Batman v Superman both 6.5/10 and Suicide Squad a 4/10. I'd give Wonder Woman a solid 8. No spoilers here, just wanted to say it's worth seeing. We can start another thread to discuss more details.

^Just got back from Wonder Woman and it was pretty good. I've been staying away from the DC movies but glad we saw this and it'll probably be a purchase.

Joanna wasn't able to go with us on Friday night so my oldest, Daniel, and I went with her today to see it again. After a second viewing and without any heightened expectations I enjoyed it even more during the second viewing. I am upgrading my score to a 9/10. Definite purchase when it arrives in 4K and looking forward to watching in the Batcave someday.

Went to see Wonder Woman today, agree that it's a great movie. Ok some of the slo-mo action shots were a little cheezy but overall the acting and action were very good IMHO. I'm not that familiar with the whole WW back story, aside from the old tv show, but the story was engaging.

Also this was the first time I've been to a dine-in movie theater (Chunky's chain up here in NH where we're visiting my SIL). It was a little distracting to have food served during the movie (and we ordered just as it started), but it was kinda fun to kick back with a burger and a beer (pretty decent house red ale) under the big screen. Maybe not something I'd want to do every time but I enjoyed it. Definitely would need to be an action movie though.

Back