• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

I recall watching The Boy in the striped pajamas a couple years back and even though the father was a Nazi you had to feel bad for him at the end.

Just watched an older movie called Flawless with Michael Caine and Demi Moore about a jewellary heist in the 60's. I rather enjoyed this movie. It had the aura of a 60's style movie like The Thomas Crown Affair with Steve McQueen. Demi Moore actually did a great job being a strong yet bitchy determined woman in a male dominated business. It was a quirky yet fun movie.

the-brave-one-bluray-box-art.jpeg

^ Last evening.

Watched Disney's Moana this afternoon and absolutely loved it. One of the best Disney movies I've ever seen. Some hidden adult humor but some serious LOL moments and a lot of heart to this movie.

Also watched Solace with Anthony Hpokins and Colin Farrell as Hopkins plays a psychic hired by the FBI to track a serial killer played by Farrell who is also a psychic. A rather fun and good movie as the two main characters play a cat and mouse game as they track each other. Worthy of watching when you can.

Watched Disney's Moana this afternoon and absolutely loved it. One of the best Disney movies I've ever seen. Some hidden adult humor but some serious LOL moments and a lot of heart to this movie.

Also watched Solace with Anthony Hpokins and Colin Farrell as Hopkins plays a psychic hired by the FBI to track a serial killer played by Farrell who is also a psychic. A rather fun and good movie as the two main characters play a cat and mouse game as they track each other. Worthy of watching when you can.

We watched Moana yesterday with our kids and also loved it. I would rank this as one of Disney's best efforts in the last 20 years.

Boy, must have been a Moana kind of day yesterday as we watched it with our grandson as well yesterday. Movie was great, both visually and storyline, my only complaint is the soundtrack.

Randy my mother called and asked me to add Lion to our Vudu account (it's my account but she uses my login and password so it became our account) anyway she asked me to add that movie as she loved it. So like a good son I bought it just haven't seen it yet. But will.

Jack-Reacher-Combo-Pack-1280px-matte-600x422.jpg

I would give it a 3+. It wasn't awful, as many here have mentioned. It certainly didn't trump the first one. I liked the story line, and JR maybe being the father of Samantha.

Babs I liked the first Jack Reacher but agree this was a 3 out of 5. Worth watching once but that was about it.

asscreedinternational.jpg

Ok not bad. I could see this being horribly confusing and stupid if you haven't played the games. As a long-time fan of these games though - I have played through every single one - I thought it was a reasonable adaptation. Storyline is more like the earlier games, especially the second one, but it's not based on nor shares characters with any specific game installment. Some good action scenes.

Anyway, worth a rental at least.

Pauly I never played the games but rather enjoyed the movie. As someone not familiar with the games I actually understood everything that was going on. It was an Saturday afternoon movie type film for me.

Ok not bad. I could see this being horribly confusing and stupid if you haven't played the games. As a long-time fan of these games though - I have played through every single one - I thought it was a reasonable adaptation. Storyline is more like the earlier games, especially the second one, but it's not based on nor shares characters with any specific game installment. Some good action scenes.

Anyway, worth a rental at least.

i agree pauly, it was fun, and deviated a bit from the game. BUT i knew this from the start.

i coulda woulda shoulda wanted more stuff etc, but i am glad it was done quite tastefully, and not trying too hard to accomplish too much.

Just watched "La La Land" simple story but man I loved the music. Anytime a song would play my surrounds would get a workout. Incredible ballads and Jazz music set to a story. Was it worthy of six Oscars no (I'm surprised it won any) but boy did I love the music.

luaSfk

Batman and Bill - a Hulu original documentary about long unrecognized co-creator of Batman Bill Finger. good production and a fascinating story. I did not know about his before watching this film.

bn-qd795_batman_j_20161007080703.jpg

divergent-and-insurgent-book-covers.jpg

Watched these two in the past couple of days, mostly at the older daughter's insistence - she's read all the books. Anyway, they're pretty good, definitely better than the hunger games series which was really annoying IMHO. Hopefully will get to the finale (Allegiant) in the next day or two, hard to find a time when the whole family can be in one place for a couple of hours. ;)

Caught the new Guardians movie with my wife and son yesterday. Very entertaining, and the movie looks and sounds great. Will be a first day purchase for sure. I had one problem with the plot, but don't want to say for fear of revealing spoilers.

Saw this during the weekend. For all that it had terrible critics reviews, I didn't think it was all that bad. Maybe because I played the game I "got it"? anyway, it's not going to win an Oscar, but it wasn't terrible either. I'd give it a solid C/C+

Warcraft-2016.jpg

divergent-and-insurgent-book-covers.jpg

Watched these two in the past couple of days, mostly at the older daughter's insistence - she's read all the books. Anyway, they're pretty good, definitely better than the hunger games series which was really annoying IMHO. Hopefully will get to the finale (Allegiant) in the next day or two, hard to find a time when the whole family can be in one place for a couple of hours. ;)

I wasn't a fan of those or The Hunger Games franchise.

luaSfk

Batman and Bill - a Hulu original documentary about long unrecognized co-creator of Batman Bill Finger. good production and a fascinating story. I did not know about his before watching this film.

bn-qd795_batman_j_20161007080703.jpg
Got the chance to check this out Monday night. I knew there was a movement to get Bill Finger the credit he deserved for all the input and ideas he provided for the Batman and his family of characters. Right after my (minimal) involvement in Legends of the Knight, I had received an email about another Kickstarter project called The Caped Creator (looks like it's still under development) and for a moment had considered making some sort of financial contribution for that documentary as well since it seemed like something worth pursuing. Around that same time I had ordered Marc Nobleman's book Bill: The Boy Wonder at the recommendation by Batman-On-Film.com (admittedly I have only leafed through it). The book's author Marc as it shows in the doc, had much to do with Bill Finger finally getting the credit that was so long overdue. I also knew, prior to this doc that Bill Finger was finally given credit, as I remember seeing it in the opening sequence credits of BvS and thinking how awesome it was. Still though, it was fascinating to see all the behind the scenes details in this film and how everything played out. Glad to see WB step up and do the right thing, despite all the surrounding implications and possible outcomes. Definitely worth a look if you are or ever have been into comic books.

Last edited:
Back