• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

813SZeKJI4L._SX342_.jpg

^Last night.

This was surprisingly good and more than a little suspenseful.

If you've ever used "that scene" from The Pulse as a bass demo, you'll want to start using Don't Breathe instead. Nearly ever time suspense builds in the movie, they let loose with copious amounts of subsonic goodness.

Movie: 4.5 stars
Picture 4.0 stars
Audio 4.5 stars

51BNDEEE53L.jpg

Wow. I can't believe it's been 36 years since this came out. And I can't believe how horribly, utterly politically incorrect it (still) is. I love it!

It's good to be the king.

I watched two movies this afternoon, while my wife was out on a play date with my youngest. The first was one of the few Wes Anderson movies I have not seen yet, The Royal Tenenbaums. I liked it a lot, but I do think Wes Anderson movies are an acquired taste. The second one was Everybody Wants Some, which is a Richard Linklater ode to the 80's in much the same way that Dazed and Confused paid homage to the 70's. I enjoyed it, but it was nothing particularly special.

51rBK15mRTL.jpg

MV5BMTk2NDcyNDE5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDA0MzQ1NzE@._V1_UY1200_CR70,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Yeah from someone who wanted to love it, Suicide Squad was a major disappointment. I thought Margo Robbie's Harley Quinn was worth the watch (maybe only if you're familiar with the character) but aside from that and maybe Leto's Joker, there's not much to speak highly of. The cast was solid but couldn't redeem an awful and disjointed story and godawful villain and final act.

Suicide Squad won an Oscar... best hair and make-up.

Pauly I always thought Blazing Saddles was more politically incorrect than History of the World but both are solid and hilarious Mel Brooks movies.

The great God Jehovah has brought unto you these fifteen (crash) these ten, these Ten Commandments.

I've been on a bit of a buying binge this past week:
  • Doctor Strange
  • Allied
  • Loving
  • Manchester by the Sea
  • Hacksaw Ridge
  • The Edge of Seventeen
  • Arrival
  • Hidden Figures (Pre-Order)
  • Fences (Pre-Order)
  • Jackie (Pre-Order)

On Sunday I watched Swiss Army Man by myself and Nocturnal Animals with the wife.

Both movies were good but the endings sucked. Swiss Army Man would've been a much more powerful film if the last minute had been completely cut - I have no idea what the writer / director thought it added to the movie. For Nocturnal Animals, the ending was just lame and was a total letdown given the intensity of the rest of the movie.

Raunchy like American Pie. Had some parts I was having a hard time catching my breath as I was laughing so hard!!

Mike_and_Dave_Need_Wedding_Dates.jpg

It's one of the best Mission Impossible movies I think.

Just saw Allied with Brad Pitt. Not too bad a movie. Very slow though. Story of a man who falls in love with a woman on a secret mission during WWII then gets word after they are married that she might be a spy. Even though the story was slow it still held my interest and was done very well.

The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas

My 11 year old daughter read this book and enjoyed it, so we decided to see the movie. I don't believe she fully understood the acts depicted until she saw the movie, but it opened up an excellent discussion on human behavior, war, and how racism (in this case, anti-Semitism) created by adults is, for the lack of a better word, bullshit.
Good movie, but sad and leaving me feel embarrassed to be human.

The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas

My 11 year old daughter read this book and enjoyed it, so we decided to see the movie. I don't believe she fully understood the acts depicted until she saw the movie, but it opened up an excellent discussion on human behavior, war, and how racism (in this case, anti-Semitism) created by adults is, for the lack of a better word, bullshit.
Good movie, but sad and leaving me feel embarrassed to be human.
My wife cried for a good half hour after watching that movie.

Ghost Protocol was indeed really good. So much so, it inspired me to watch Rogue Nation which was also really, really good.

91ozOSc83BL._SX342_.jpg

Back