• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Watched Logan last night. Really enjoyed it and it set up well for future Logan(ish) sequels.

My choices were: Logan, Baby Driver, and Blade Runner 2049. The other 2 are still on my list.
Except Jackman has stated he is done playing Wolverine. I agree though, it was a pretty good movie, although it was hard seeing professor X that way.

Except Jackman has stated he is done playing Wolverine. I agree though, it was a pretty good movie, although it was hard seeing professor X that way.

Spoiler Alert:

Well ya, at this point I think he has no choice but to be don't playing Wolverine. Yes I agree it was definitely a shock to me because I had no expectations and no idea what the storyline was. Prof X was odd, but man Patrick Stewart knocked it out of the park IMO, and the way the movie went for Prof X as well as Wolverine was not what I expected. I also really liked Laura, that kid did a good job.

The only thing I knew going in was that it was going to be Jackman's last time playing him, at least according to him. Overall though, it was a pretty good movie, and I'm glad that it wasn't so much an X-Men movie, but more of a character study, somewhat, of Logan. The only part I didn't care for in the movie was when they killed that black family. I was kind of hoping that they would have lived.

85ef692619dc7e711ab90ec7d14ee2e49e13169f.jpg

Pretty cool. I really enjoyed it, the kids LOVED it. And it’ll be demo material for sure when it’s out on disc.

^I’ve been wondering if it was worth a trip to the theater. I’m concerned I’ll be more focused on trying to identify all the references instead of just enjoying the movie...

After seeing the trailer last night on tv, I mentioned to the wife that I would at least like to hear a couple of reviews before seeing Ready, Player One. Glad to hear it's a good movie. Bats, you mentioned Imax being the best viewing, what about the seats that move around. Wife and I watched a movie in those seats once, and while it was kind of expensive, I would pay for them with the right movie.

I’m not a fan of that experience but I could see a couple scenes, especially earlier in the film where they may get some action. Our closest theater is a bit of an IMAX knock-off but it is the only theater in DE with Atmos (last I heard). After seeing the movie though, I thought about making time to go catch it in IMAX.

Book of Ready Player One is well worth reading, especially, like many of us, if you grew up in the 70s/80s. And were into video games!

I was pleasantly surprised to like it like I did. There’s really nothing on our radar besides Avengers at the end of April. We saw the trailer watching BBT the other night and we said what the hell.

81FZFvGhSVL._SY679_.jpg

Not bad. I’m a fan of Pixar but think they sorta peaked with Toy Story 3. As usual the animation is top notch. I still have to check out The Good Dinosaur since it’s the only Pixar flick I haven’t seen.

Not to be confused with the other Disney Dinosaur cartoon movie, which I never felt it got the respect it deserved. True story: My wife and I were walking somewhere, and me being 6"4", I tend to walk faster than she does. She asked me to slow down, and my response was, "The slowest animal doesn't set the pace of the herd!" She didn't talk to me much after that.

Watched Jumanji (2017) last night. Was definitely funny and worth the rental.

Getting ready for Avengers Infinity War, I just finished Phase 1 of the MCU. All the movies in phase were better than I remembered, I really enjoyed watching it again. The MCU was really well executed, props to Kevin Feige.

Now on to Phase 2.

Mr.6

81FZFvGhSVL._SY679_.jpg

Not bad. I’m a fan of Pixar but think they sorta peaked with Toy Story 3. As usual the animation is top notch. I still have to check out The Good Dinosaur since it’s the only Pixar flick I haven’t seen.
Con cuidado Batman. My girls loved this film and it hits home more since their grandparents are Mexican. I thought it was excellent in capturing some very neat Mexican culture things. The town reminds me of the town my in laws grew up in.

My wife and I watched Coco and loved it. I don't speak Spanish but my wife is Mexican, so she was picking up on a lot more than I did. She would laugh out loud and have to translate what was just said. She could also relate to several cultural references and stereo types that she grew up with. Everyone Mexican knows someone who is dead on with a chankla.

My wife and I watched Coco and loved it. I don't speak Spanish but my wife is Mexican, so she was picking up on a lot more than I did. She would laugh out loud and have to translate what was just said. She could also relate to several cultural references and stereo types that she grew up with. Everyone Mexican knows someone who is dead on with a chankla.

whats a chankla? i plan to watch this later on...

Back