1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Batman, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Towen7

Towen7 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Google is your friend

jomari, bmwuk and Wardsweb like this.
  2. bmwuk

bmwuk Well-Known Member

Very familiar with this mythical weapon. Legend speaks of it

3. TKoP

TKoP Well-Known Member

You haven't lived until you've seen Starcrash given the MST3K treatment -- special bonus, one of first, if not the first, roles by David Hasslehoff.
    [​IMG]

4. jomari

jomari Well-Known Member

so funny! so its the slipper method, ours was used with the variant of the sinturon theorem as well.

if used correctly, yield positive results.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Famous

Watched Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri. Enjoyed it quite a bit. I guess I see what some of the Oscar hype was for but I don’t expect to watch it again anytime soon.

6. Huey

Huey Well-Known Member Famous

Careful, you're going to get Matt B moist if you keep talking about the Hoff.

7. bmwuk

bmwuk Well-Known Member

Watched Spider-Man: Homecoming last night. I liked it. Very entertaining but not too dark

jomari likes this.
  8. Huey

The_Titan_poster.png
    Watched this yesterday and it was just ok. Pacing at times was slow, and nobody really put in a memorable performance. They pretty much glossed over any of the science of what was going on, which to me was the most disappointing part of the movie. I had to finish it to see how it ended, and the last five seconds will leave you scratching your head.

9. Bote

Bote Active Member

I watched, err, at least half way, Pacific Rim 2 in the theater and i went out in the middle. Did not like it much. I guess i am too saturated with special effect movies to be thrilled anymore. Lucky it was free movie day for seniors at the malls so no wasted money there.

bmwuk likes this.
  10. heeman

heeman Well-Known Member Famous

[​IMG]

This was very, very horrible........................ Really Bad.............. and if I am saying it's bad, it's bad......................

Randy, mzpro5, bmwuk and 1 other person like this.
  11. mzpro5

mzpro5 Well-Known Member Famous

I am not a tom Cruise fan and I kept telling myself, "Don't rent this" but I finally did and reafirrmed my reliance on gut feeling.

I can't remeber seeing a movie this bad in quite a while

Randy likes this.
  12. bmwuk

bmwuk Well-Known Member

I watched The Matrix last night. I hadn't seen it in so long

13. Towen7

Towen7 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

I streamed Kong: Skull Island via HBOgo this weekend. The CGI was pretty good. Too bad the story was such a let down.

D2BB0182-BB57-4BA9-8A4D-E8FD155483BB.jpeg

14. Huey

^^I was pretty let down with Kong Skull Island as well. It had it's moments, and probably the best part was John C McGinley's character. They have a new ride called Skull Island, or is it Kong Island, at Universal in Orlando that we went on in February. The ride was actually pretty good, and has the biggest animatronic King Kong that you'll probably ever see. It's a mix of the new movie as well as the King Kong movie from 10 years ago or so.

15. Randy

Randy Well-Known Member Famous

Im not a Cruise fan either, however I did watch the second Jack Reacher flick last weekend, having not watched the first, and I thought it was pretty good for a Tom Cruise movie.

Cant think of a Tom Cruise movie I have liked since Top Gun and I wasn't crazy about him in that role, but he didn't ruin it either.

16. Batman

While I don’t really mind Tom Cruise and don’t avoid his movies, he’s overrated as an actor. He was a heartthrob for teenaged girls and young women in the 80s and has been riding that wave pretty much ever since. Every now and again, his personality fits a particular role and it just works. Top Gun and Days of Thunder come to mind. I’ve heard while the Jack Reacher movie (saw the first and liked it enough, didn’t bother with the second) was okay, he was miscast based on the physical description of the character in the books. I’m sure I’m missing a couple decent performances/flicks of his, but one movie I’ll give him is Rain Man. I think that’s an outstanding movie all around.

Randy, jomari and mzpro5 like this.
  17. jomari

jomari Well-Known Member

per reacher fans, hes definitely a miscast. dude is supposed to be a 6 foot giant.

the only performance that he did very well in, was Collateral.

it was tom cruise not being tom cruise.

Randy and Batman like this.
  18. Huey

I'm very glad I didn't even waste rental money on the new Mummy movie. Not a Tom Cruise hater, but do think he is overrated. On the other hand though, one of my favorite movies is The Last Samurai, in spite of Tom being in it, although I don't think he's bad in it either.

19. Batman

I forgot about Collateral, he was pretty good in that.

jomari and Randy like this.
  20. TKoP

TKoP Well-Known Member

Also not a Cruise fan, but i thought he was good in Jack Reacher, Jerry Maguire and Tropic Thunder. The rest, meh, could have been someone else or I just didn't like the movie.