• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Watched the Amazing Spiderman 2 last night, actually purchased it from the cheap bin at Walmart. It was ok, but I'm liking Tom Hollande much more than Andrew Farfield as Spiderman.

91-MWTFPUqL._SL1500_.jpg

Watching this now (taking a break for a beverage refill)...

51ZvLIoxawL._SX342_.jpg

My first thoughts, having read the books multiple times, were "WTF?" and then "well ok but that's not how it happened..." We'll see. I dunno, trying to keep an open mind; this is clearly a "re-interpretation" rather than a scene-by-scene recreation of the books. I'm a big fan of Elba though, and he barely even appears in the first part of the movie. Hmmm...

Holy crap, I'm older than Idris Elba. That's fucking depressing.

And after finishing it my impression is .... a giant but ambiguous "meh." I mean, some of the stuff in there was kind of a cool adaptation of themes in the books. But overall my sense is "What the hell?" and "If you haven't read the books this shit doesn't make any sense at all." I can't see how this could possibly be successful enough in the shallow hollywood sense to continue as a movie series. It's simultaneously too esoteric (for the general mass public) and too far removed from King's vision (for those of use in the elite "in the know" like me of course). I'm very conflicted here because I want this to work, but I'm about 95% sure it won't. The American moviegoing public just doesn't have the long term vision for a story like this. Damn it to hell.

I guess 'cause I watched him in The Wire decades ago, and I thought he was older even then... Not that there's any problem with being older :laughing: but when most current actors start to be younger than you, I can't help but feel a little self-conscious. (Like "what the hell have I done with my life" sort of thing)

url

Well that was a picture of Den of Thieves.

Pretty decent flick. Worth the watch and the $4.00 or so that I paid for it.

Definitely liked the end. Kind of surprised, however, I was multi tasking and didn't follow it as closely as I should have.

Last edited:
Went with the family yesterday to see Solo: A Star Wars Movie. Went in with low expectations, and was pleasantly surprised at how much we liked it. It does well with the back story, and there's even a scene where Han shoots first. The only problem I have with the movie, is that I never felt that I was watching a young Han Solo. Nothing wrong with the actor or his acting, but he just didn't personify Han Solo. Boba Fett I've heard is in the movie, in a blink and you miss him scene, and I think I saw him in the first scene aboard Dryden Voss's ship. Not sure why this movie isn't doing better than it is, overall it's pretty entertaining.

Fist Fight. I got a few laughs from it.

I ain't fucking with you!
There's a million trillion things I'd rather fucking do!

MV5BMTg0NzkyMjE5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDE5NTg3MDI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Last edited:
As usual I'm behind the times, just got around to watching

hateful-eight-movie.png

Like many folks on the internet :laughing: I'm confused about who exactly the "eight" were... kept trying to count how many people were present/alive/dead during the movie. Now I'm pretty well convinced Tarantino was just fucking with us all, and there's no real answer. And that's ok.

That's ok Pauly, I've had that movie on the DVR for well over a year and have yet to watch it. One of these days...

Blade Runner 2049. This movie is now showing on HBO so I recorded it. I only watched about 30 minutes since I started it at 11PM lst night. Yes @Towen7 , another partially watched movie. But the good news is I should finish it with my new speakers

20180606_092238.jpg

Last edited:
Back