• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Watched this tonight on Netflix. I thought it was pretty fun. The script had a Gaurdians of the Galaxy feel to it.

thor-ragnarok-thor-hulk-valkyrie-loki-hela-heimdall-grandmaster_a-G-15354746-9436090.jpg

Watched this tonight on Netflix. I thought it was pretty fun. The script had a Gaurdians of the Galaxy feel to it.

thor-ragnarok-thor-hulk-valkyrie-loki-hela-heimdall-grandmaster_a-G-15354746-9436090.jpg

I really liked this and thought it was one of the best Marvel movies and better than the other Thor movies.

As usual I'm behind the times, just got around to watching

hateful-eight-movie.png

Like many folks on the internet :laughing: I'm confused about who exactly the "eight" were... kept trying to count how many people were present/alive/dead during the movie. Now I'm pretty well convinced Tarantino was just fucking with us all, and there's no real answer. And that's ok.

Finally got around to watching this myself last night. Overall, I thought it was a decent movie. Kurt Russell was excellent in my opinion, and while it was hard to watch the violence against Jennifer Jason Leigh, the way he talked to her was hilarious. A little trivia that I only recently learned, but Jennifer Jason Leigh is the daughter of Vic Morrow, the guy who was killed while filming the Twilight Zone movie in the 80's.
Oh, and I'm wondering if the movies title has more to do with it being his eighth movie more than the number of characters, although there is 8 characters listed on the jacket, even though there were more than that at the lodge.

We rented Game Night last night and just got done watching it a second time. I'd be so cool if you could upgrade an iTunes rental into a purchase because we'd probably do it for this movie.

91-SyCRK4fL._SX466_.jpg

Started with all four of us in the HT. Started it late , only saw the first half. When we came back the next night to finish only my wife and I were watching...kids got bored.
I'm a sucker for feel good true stories!!

MV5BNzQ0MDg2NTY4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTk2NzU3OTE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

Incredibles 2. Saw this with my almost 8 year old and 3.5 year old. Wow this movie was really good, might be better than the first. But like I thought about the first one, it is has some darker undertones of death and the imagery at times was intense. My 8 year old got freaked out by the character in the mask with the eyes. It has a gas mask like hood and the voice was like a scrambled kidnapper voice or like SAW. Yes they had very light moments but i believe the undertones a would appeal to adults. Pixar hit it out of the park again.

rps20180616_221917.jpg

Last edited:
Microwaved a bag of popcorn and finally saw Blade Runner 2049 last night.

Did I like it? I'm still processing... which probably means that it's a good movie even if I didn't like it. I do think it captured most of the tone of the original, although, I agree with some that said it wasn't quite as gritty. I'm not sure I can say much more without getting into spoiler territory.
I should also say that when i saw the original when it first came out, i LOVED the movie. I saw it again a few years ago, and it has lost a lot of the magic for me. Still not sure why -- maybe I've lost the "patience" for a slow burn? But I still love Seven Samurai, and that movie is 3.5hrs long and has a lot of build up. That being said, I should probably watch it again and see how the two work together.

^^ I really enjoyed that one. The pace was slow but definitely worth a viewing. It reminded me a little of Winter’s Bone.

^^ I really enjoyed that one. The pace was slow but definitely worth a viewing. It reminded me a little of Winter’s Bone.

how was winters bone? i kinda skipped but wanted to watch it more.

i also loved wind river.

aside from the 45/70 the story and pacing was outstanding.

i did reel a bit when they showed one scene. goes to show how sad we can be given the wrong variables.

^^ I thought, while I can see what all the critical acclaim what about, Winter’s Bone was too slowly paced. It was akin to watching paint dry.

61nCi3nHvNL._SX342_.jpg

First movie night with the whole family in quite some time. We all enjoyed this very much! Good humor, and I like what they did with the story - I loved this book when I was a kid.

Thor Ragnarok. I saw this on Netflix this weekend. Very funny. a different style than some of the other Marvel movies.

images (3).jpeg

Last edited:
Back