• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Another movie I DVR'd during a HBO free weekend. Usually I like these type of movies, but this one I struggled with. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but at times it looked like I was watching a VHS tape.
Hmmm. No issues on my end. I think some was intentionally made to look grainy. But not VHS quality

Hmmm. No issues on my end. I think some was intentionally made to look grainy. But not VHS quality
I didn't really notice any grain, but at times the picture seemed very soft, which reminded me of VHS quality. I watched the latest Fast and Furious last night and that looked fine, so it must have been the way American Made was filmed, maybe to give it that retro feel?

Am I the only one watching movies? Edge of Tomorrow. Intro bass scene was original reason I rented but watched it. Decent

Edge_of_Tomorrow_Poster.jpg

Watched A Quiet Place tonight - decent but was expecting it to be better. Suspension of disbelief was extremely difficult to maintain.

By the way, it’d be helpful for searching if everyone typed out the name of the movie in this thread instead of just posting an image...

Watched Justice League the other night. Meh. Wasn't a bad movie, but it's hard not to compare it to the Avengers. I don't dislike Ben Affleck, but he is a horrible choice for Batman, although it was cool to see Jason Mamoa as Aquaman. I could post movie poster, but I like this one a little better.
Sy6KWv5.jpg

Watched Blockers last night, I was told it was PEE YOUR PANTS FUNNY.

I went to bed with dry britches!

Watched Concussion a few weeks ago. Sort of knew what the movie is about but didn't know about the central character played by Will Smith. Good flick!!

images

Brain on Fire. Probably could have been a made for TV movie. A little slow moving ,but I am a sucker for a true story.

MV5BNmY0OThiYWQtMTAzYi00N2FiLWFlYWUtZDUzYzJiY2RlNjEwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzAwMjU2MTY@._V1_.jpg

Black Panther. Finally saw this when we rented on Amazon. It was good. I just may have Marvel overload and just didn't feel it as much. The critic reviews said how awesome it was. I found it to be in line with the rest. I may also have a hangover from Avengers Infinity War and the way that ended. I wasn't happy at all with that.

rps20180724_092709.jpg

Black Panther. Finally saw this when we rented on Amazon. It was good. I just may have Marvel overload and just didn't feel it as much. The critic reviews said how awesome it was. I found it to be in line with the rest. I may also have a hangover from Avengers Infinity War and the way that ended. I wasn't happy at all with that.

View attachment 8020

I watched It when it first came out on disc and my initial impression was its ok. But I rented it again about a week ago and on second viewing I thought it was very good, good enough to eventually purchase a copy.

Not sure why the first time around I thought it ws "meh" maybe just wasn't paying much attention at the time.

Justice League. Not great not terrible. Clearly they are behind Avengers. Trying to catch up with little character development. Don't like Zak Snyder images (5).jpeg

Back