• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

That's why I said the technology could be vastly different, but it would still be the same year. In the movie, the say Noir man comes from 1932, and that anime girl comes from 3000 and something.

Maybe in that universe they stated using the calendar years before/after us.

Maybe, but the problem with that, their 1932 is pretty similar to our 1932.

With infinite possibilities literally ANYTHING can explained away. “In that universe It’s always 1932”. It’s why I’m really, really not of a fan of using it as plot device. It’s just lazy story telling.

As for being similar to our universe ... again you can just say that their universe worked out exactly the same as ours did but it just started a few decades later.

With infinite possibilities literally ANYTHING can explained away. “In that universe It’s always 1932”. It’s why I’m really, really not of a fan of using it as plot device. It’s just lazy story telling.

As for being similar to our universe ... again you can just say that their universe worked out exactly the same as ours did but it just started a few decades later.
My understanding of multiverse's is limited at best, but I do believe a day is a day, no matter what universe you are in.

I was rewatching the third season of Rick and Morty this weekend, come on season 4, but watching the citadel of Rick's, it was mentioned that they were all the same age, which doesn't prove or disprove a timeline. But at least in that case, they make it seem time is static across the multiverse.

Let me get this straight, are we breaking down the science of fictional multi-verses? As if there’s some concrete proof of anything?? :rtfm:

Let me get this straight, are we breaking down the science of fictional multi-verses? As if there’s some concrete proof of anything?? :rtfm:
But we can speculate, can't we? It's no different than talking about most things science fiction, things that can't be proven, but we can dream of one day being a reality. Not that I'm dreaming of multiverses, but it is fun to think about. I thought having conversations were a good thing.

With infinite possibilities literally ANYTHING can explained away.
This. Along with time travel plots where anything can be undone by a backwards jump. All of these can be very annoying because you never know what's "real" and what could be completely reversed by a twist of plot. I hate that. I feel like the writers just want to screw with you and/or pad their resumes with side plots that really have nothing to do with the real story line.

This. Along with time travel plots where anything can be undone by a backwards jump. All of these can be very annoying because you never know what's "real" and what could be completely reversed by a twist of plot. I hate that. I feel like the writers just want to screw with you and/or pad their resumes with side plots that really have nothing to do with the real story line.
I get that and hate that as well, but not all shows treat multiverses like that. Sliders comes to mind. While not the best show out there, it was fun to watch what they would come up with in the next world, like when the cro-mags never died off and went onto become the reigning force on Earth. I think Stargate Atlantis did at least one show with a multiverse, and it was actually a pretty good episode.

We finally watched this one, AQUAMAN. Lot's of eye and ear candy.

A1ASFkYtZ6L._SX466_.jpg

This doesn't get much love from the critics or audience members (19% and 48% on rotten tomatoes), but I thought it was worth a watch.
Mute_poster.png

Watched the new Robin Hood movie with Taryn Eggerton and Jaime Fox, went in with low expectations and wasn't disappointed. It wasn't horrible, although at times it felt like a Baz Luhrman movie. I was also confused by some of their clothes, seemed to be almost modern day, like a knitted cap.

Was looking for something to watch last night, and came across Point Blank on Netflix, starring Anthony Mackie. Once I started watching, I had a hard time turning it off. Not a great movie, but definitely entertaining and suspenseful. Worthy of a watch. FYI, doing a search to make sure I got Anthony's name correct, and it lists him as the new guy for Altered Carbon, taking over for Joel.

Watched Whiplash with Miles Teller and J K Simmons last night.

Pretty decent flick. It caused me to stay up way past my normal bedtime.

Watched Annihilation with Natalie Portman yesterday, and I'd tell you what it was about if somebody would explain it to me first. It isn't a bad movie, but I'm getting tired of these shows not giving more of the why it's happening. That seems to be more of a prevalent theme lately, especially with science fiction movies.

Alita : Battle Angel - I had to turn down my sub. This movie has some serious LFE.

View attachment 9539
good to know,

so, whats a better movie, this or ready player one (removing the reminiscent homage to the 80s)?

im still on the fence for ready player one, and at 20 bucks, a bit high for a movie im not really into. the best scene was the shining reference for me.

good to know,

so, whats a better movie, this or ready player one (removing the reminiscent homage to the 80s)?

im still on the fence for ready player one, and at 20 bucks, a bit high for a movie im not really into. the best scene was the shining reference for me.

That is a good question. I like both and have watched each several times. That is kind of the test for me. Is it something I want to watch more than once.

That is a good question. I like both and have watched each several times. That is kind of the test for me. Is it something I want to watch more than once.
thanks wards. i think i might try to wait out ready player one then, ive watched it on standard blu-ray, but cant cough up the dough for the 4k version.

thanks wards. i think i might try to wait out ready player one then, ive watched it on standard blu-ray, but cant cough up the dough for the 4k version.
Do it! Looks fantastic on 4K. My wife, who was not in favor of spending the extra dollars, after watching remarked that she was happy we did.

Back