• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Yeah, it's a bit of a different movie from the first one, but you get more of Lisbeth's back-story.

legend_of_The_guardians_blu_ray.jpg

Watched this with the family last night. At best it's an average story, BUT the CGI animation is gorgeous! PQ demo worthy as there is some stunning scenery and action sequences...

Packshot_043396350052_9A7C9989.jpg

Great parody of the "buddy cop" genre. Practically every minute is over the top and tongue-in-cheek...

Batman said:
So it may be worth checking out "The Girl Who Played With Fire" after all. I rolled the dice on the first one based on tons of rave reviews and I really enjoyed that one. I felt it could stand on it own for the most part, so I have been hesitant to check this one out based on REALLY mixed reviews...but if Haywood and Pauly say so...

Oh yeah the second one is very good and the third one in the series "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" will be out Jan 25th. I've already preordered the BD (got it for 19.99)

51SKIY0-3yL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

Haywood said:
I just finished watching the first two films of what is shaping up to be an excellent trilogy: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played with Fire. These are Swedish mystery thrillers centered around a complicated young women with a terrible past that is gradually revealed as the story progresses. Great character development, excellent story telling, solid pacing and compelling acting. I don't usually go for indy/euro movies, but these rock.

I've been wanting to check those out. I believe there is going to be American remakes, which will almost certainly be not as good.

^ I have the "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" if you want to borrow it...

I didn't know they were still making VHS tapes... :shhh:

the-a-team-unrated-extended-cut-20101027042756617.jpg

Decent pop-corn click, entertaining and funny. Certainly nothing groundbreaking. I didn't watch the show regularly so I have no idea if it's a faithful adaptation or to what degree...

The-Dilemma-movie-poster-405x600.jpg

Light Spoilers! if you plan on seeing you may not want to read...Wife and I went out to dinner and a movie last night. Caught The Dilemma as we wanted to see something light and my wife likes Vince Vaughn. It wasn't quite what we thought it would be as we expected a lot more laughs. Vince Vaughn plays his typical role, meaning if you've seen him in Wedding Crashers or Couples Retreat, you've seen him before. But this one played out like it was supposed to be a little bit of a drama. Most of the funny parts were shown during the commercials I'm sure most of you have seen. IMO, it won't be worth buying when it comes out on disc and is nowhere near the recent comedy classics like The 40 Year-Old Virgin or The Hangover etc...I'd give it a solid C-/D+ :|

Finally got around to watching Inception last night.

gonna have to give it a second watching.

51H5YEMRXXL.jpg

Love RDJ's comeback flick.

Haven't seen it in a while so I gave it a third watch last night. Awesome! Love the scene with the dog and his finger!

D

Yeah, I'm a little slow... Watched this for the first time yesterday, with the kids. All of us loved it. Esp. the part with Zorg (or whatever the hell his name was) and Buzz and the "I'm your father" bit! :laughing-rolling:

51cBJjYCQmL.jpg

Back