• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

funny-pictures-beaver-cant-hear-you.jpg

Towen7 said:
I went into this with low expectations and it turned out to be worse than I thought. If you want to watch a depressed George Clooney walk through Italian alleys this one is for you.

LOL. Glad you said that I was going to rent it next...you saved me.

518hs7IZ-iL.jpg

***Edit by towen7 to add working link to image***

61W8byzzOyL.jpg

Saw this last night, thought it was pretty decent. Yeah, it's definitely a low-down-and-dirty version of Holmes with the usual modern "all highly intelligent people are crazy" interpretation on top of it, but it was still fun.

PaulyT said:
MV5BMTg0NjEwNjUxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzk0MjQ5Mg@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Saw this last night, thought it was pretty decent. Yeah, it's definitely a low-down-and-dirty version of Holmes with the usual modern "all highly intelligent people are crazy" interpretation on top of it, but it was still fun.

Hmmm...your pic didn't show. What was it?

Sorry, worked for me when I posted... Thanks T7!

It's Kind Of A Funny Story

its-kind-of-a-funny-story-movie-poster.jpg

Like T7, I really really liked this one. It's one of those movies where you can just step away from life for a couple hours and reflect....Don't know what more can be said. Thanks T7 for reminding me this one was out there.

I also decided to pick up the soundtrack for this one too. I thought it brought a lot to the film as to whats going on inside of several of the characters heads. (much the way movies like the Garden State or 500 Days Of Summer soundtracks helped propel the movie forward or fit the mood of the movie at any moment)...

Unstoppable-Blu-ray.jpg

I'd put this one right on par with the mostly positive reviews I've seen. It's probably rental material for most since it's never gonna achieve cult classic status since it's about a runaway train but if your a Denzel fan you may want to pick it up in a year or so when it's $9.99 @ wal-mart or amazon. Both my wife and I enjoyed it and I definitely felt like the train was in the room with us... :handgestures-thumbup:

Watched this last night. Pretty much your run-of-the-mill political scandal/thriller. This one had plenty of good actors doing a fairly decent job in their roles. Although well above average, this is another one I'd recommend renting unless you are a huge fan of this particular genre or one of the many big name actors in this...

51C61vbeP0L.jpg

Bats, I loved "State of Play" in fact so much I bought it. Although as you mentioned typical genre type of film, it actually was the great paring of Russel Crowe and Rachel McAdams that won me over.

body-of-lies.jpg

My wife and I have been on a bit of a movie watching spree of late and this is what we watched last night. I'm a pretty big fan of Russell Crowe although he's a complete ass in real life. He typically turns in a really good performance more often than not. Although his role isn't quite as large as you'd think, he's good in this one too. But his character is a bit pompous jerk. The movie concentrates more on DiCaprio's character as an intelligence agent in the Middle East. He's pretty damn good too. Although I enjoyed the movie overall, I'm not sure how realistic it is compared to the real life Middle East conflicts the US has been involved in for the last decade. It felt like it was lacking a bit in the story development but I can't quite put my finger on what it is that it was missing...If you have not seen this already, I don't think you'll regret watching but is still only rental material at best, again unless you're a big fan of the genre or an actor from this film.

Batman said:

I was pleasantly surprised by this. I am not a fan of AJ but this was an entertaining spy/action flick. Great for a rental and if I find a used copy cheap I may even purchase.

500-days-of-summer-blu-ray.jpg

Saturday night. I was interested in this movie mainly because of a couple songs that grabbed my attention from the soundtrack. They would get constant play on "alt nation" a sirius station I listen to all the time. I really enjoy when a soundtrack, (whether it's a score a la Gladiator or Inception or a collection of songs/singles from various groups, Garden State and It's Kind Of A Funny Story recently really worked for me) adds another dimension to the way a film is propelled forward. This film is pretty much a romantic comedy, but not really a "chick flick." The narrator pretty much tells you right up front that it doesn't have the happy ending you may come to expect from this type of film. Although the ending certainly isn't tragic either, it is quite appropriate really. I really enjoyed this movie, it's very non-linear in it's storytelling approach and it works for this film. The film features two up and coming actors Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the main love interests. The two have a bit of an odd chemistry on screen because of the roles they play, and the supporting cast pops-up just enough to add some comic relief to some tense relationship moments. I think anyone in a relationship would enjoy this film as one may see many parallels to their own relationship in this movie, the highs you're on when you're falling for someone along with the excitement of getting to know that person, and lows you feel when it's falling apart and everything you used to love about him/her are the things you begin to hate...

drag-me-to-hell-blu-ray-360810-large.jpg

You should see this film. It's bizarre, funny and sometimes scary, but it's entertaining as hell. The gross parts are so ridiculous they are hilarious, in a good way. And the lead actor, Allison Lohman isn't too bad on the eyes either...

mzpro5 said:
I was pleasantly surprised by this. I am not a fan of AJ but this was an entertaining spy/action flick. Great for a rental and if I find a used copy cheap I may even purchase.
Saw it a week ago. The plot was entertaining except for too many parts that are just too far fetched. AJ who is about 120 lbs knocks out guards that are twice the size, time after time. I can accept her doing that once even in a movie but throughout the entire movie... forget it. :handgestures-thumbdown: Even in the special feature section where the director says that she wanted to play a role of a male agent like Bourne or Bond. Uh... Angelina, you may have the lips but you just don't have the overall physique.

Back